My Letter to Budweiser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AZ: Maybe you should watch the documentaries yourself since you obviously don't know...

If you named them, I would. ;)

And seriously, "Beer Wars" is about as much of a documentary as "How Beer Changed the World."

That discovery show you reference blew my mind. I didn't have high expectations but damn, that was a pretty poor show. I almost always cheer on beer but I would add that to the "you probably shouldn't watch that unless you ran out of beer and weed and your choices are clawing your eyes out or watching that show" list.

"I've seen "Beer Wars," and the only thing I found shocking/disturbing about that movie was the idea that the US is still clinging to some kind of bizarre, antiquated three-tier distribution system, and how clearly corrupt the politicians in that film are."

And this is the problem. And yes it is against the law. But some people's compass doesn't point north but to their pocket by any means.

Care what you will. It's not my life to live.

That discovery show you reference blew my mind. I didn't have high expectations but damn, that was a pretty poor show. I almost always cheer on beer but I would add that to the "you probably shouldn't watch that unless you ran out of beer and weed and your choices are clawing your eyes out or watching that show" list.

I thought both were "entertaining". anything can look like something else depending on how you "pretty it up". I obviously "like" using quotation "marks".

I should make a video while pooping!

Please do. Set up a gopro and read the letter while dropping a deuce. Then show them your ultra-fresh IPA, take a big gulp (bite?) and then bite a peach. Call it your "deconstructed fresh hopped IPA". Then say that you are developing a way to use the "second runnings"

BK, I can just picture you with giant air quotes as you talk. Awesome.

I'm really hoping we can keep this thread going for a while. It is devolved into something highly entertaining.

Please do. Set up a gopro and read the letter while dropping a deuce. Then show them your ultra-fresh IPA, take a big gulp (bite?) and then bite a peach. Call it your "deconstructed fresh hopped IPA". Then say that you are developing a way to use the "second runnings"

I think I can combine the two into a horrible awesomeness that even Darwin himself won't be able to ignore.

I'm really hoping we can keep this thread going for a while. It is devolved into something highly entertaining.

I'm torn over whether I regret starting this thread or not. On one hand, I made a funny that quite a few people liked. On the other, I feel like I farted in an elevator and got off on the next floor, leaving everyone else to bask in the stink.

I went fishing and I drank a sixer of natty lite pounders and now I'm drinking a year old barleywine. Probly sleeping in the back yard tonight.

ETA: I love farting on elevators thinking about the mechanical energy required to move my aroma up and down the building

Last edited:
All I know is what I see on the beer shelves at my grocery store.....I've never seen a better selection of beer. If InBev is truly set on destroying their competitors, they're failing miserably.

First off destruction doesn't happen overnight. Next how many of those beers are owned by inbev? Lastly is the distribution of those beers controlled by inbev? Because in many places inbev owns the distribution or exclusive contracts with distributors. Some states have changed the rules in the last few years that allows brewers to self distribute which has helped with the variety of beers in some places but until forced monopolies (some places have districts where only one distributor can operate) beer distribution are eliminated and it becomes a true free market endevor many people will still not have the choices available to others and companies like inbev will use their power to keep the competition out or minimized. Try getting the same variety in TX.

Don't feel bad one bit for starting this .I love the letter and if someone.... anyone, reads and learns something from this thread it is a not just a good thread but a great thread. I sincerely hope that no one is taking any of this personal because I would hate to see a tear in your beer instead of learning something new.

If it was Budweiser that started all this mess does that mean I should switch to Bud Lite since I'm a craft beer supporter?

Back