Football SUICIDE/SURVIVAL League.... (with a nice prize)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restart on week 2?

• Yup - reset, start with week 2, pay to play

• Hells no - Bird, you effed up!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I got screwed by Yahoo cookie shenanigans.

If you pick eary in the week, make sure you double check your picks on game day before the lock.
That's my advice to the worthy few advancing this week.

Wow, I suggest we don't all go to Vegas together anytime soon. Our luck can't even get us through 3 weeks. ;)

Good luck to the two still in it!

...stupid Chargers....

Right- my initial thought was SD, but no way I'd touch a conference game this early. And Norv Turner is a wild card. He never has had a winning record that I know of, and never led a consistent team (as a head coach- he was a fine offensive coordinator). So, I thought I'd wait and see what SD would do before picking them in Survivor.

So, just me and Mutine left. Hmmmm. Side bets are encouraged.

Just a thought....(maybe should be a new thread I don't know)....but there is still time to do this again. You know, give us losers a chance at redemption. What are y'alls thoughts on setting up another survival league and not letting Yoops and Bullfrog play :D

JK everyone of course would be welcome. I say we do it again same price same rules. Its a shame that most of us were out of this one so early.

Yooper Chick said:
Oh, C'mon, let me gloat a bit. You're KILLING me in Fantasy Football. At least, I'm doing well in this league for at least another week! :D

Gloat away, it was just a little humor:D

I'm still kicking myself for switching my pick from Dallas to SD on Sunday morning. I have a very successful system on an Excel spreadsheet for survivor pools (3 wins in 8 attempts after yesterday) and add 3 simple rules, then I go and violate 2 of them on a flier. Wanted to save Dallas for week 7. Stupid because by then the pool could either be over or other good teams will emerge. Usually my drunken ideas do not carry over from the day before but some how switching my pick to SD stuck. Damn yummy homebrew...:(

If we go again, count me in.

Mutine Bullfrog said:
OK, one on one Yooper. :tank:. Dallas was the smart pick.

Want to split it? :D

P.S. Don't blame the Chargers. You forgot about the Norv Turner factor.

P.S.S. Next year I want in the the FFL!

Pssst, hey frog------- want to tell me who you're picking this week? I can keep a secret! :D

I don't believe it! We both picked the same team again! Each week we've picked the exact same team! I thought for sure I was making a bit of a risky pick.

If we're right, we go on to next week. If we're wrong, it's over.

Mutine Bullfrog said:
No winner, but at least I know your not peaking anymore Yooper. :)

Well, hurry up and lose already, would ya? :D

I can't believe this is the first time we picked different teams- I thought you were copying my strategy there for a while.

(I don't have a strategy, but I thought that sounded good)

Well, I think this week is it. I think we'll have a winner by the end. I feel it in my bones.

I hope it's me, I hope it's me!!!!!!!

Does anybody (except Bullfrog and me) even care any more?

Well, we're going another week. That was a close one for me (good thing my internet and cable was out- I didn't see the score until it was all over!).

It's getting tougher and tougher. Next week is going to be a difficult pick.

This is a tough week and I'm picking a long shot. This could be it.
teu46.gif

Mutine Bullfrog said:
This is a tough week and I'm picking a long shot. This could be it.
teu46.gif

I don't believe it!!!! You picked the same long shot as me!!!! You were supposed to lose today! :D

We go another week. It's getting tougher and tougher each week. One of us is going to make a mistake sooner or later. I just hope yours is sooner and mine is later! :rockin:

Mutine Bullfrog said:
Yooper, your peeking again.

P.S. You sure you don't want to split it? ;)

If it was up to me, I'd be glad to split it! Otherwise, I'll just have to beat you outright.

Next week looks tough, so I think unless you have ESP and copy me again, we should have a winner.

Dude, I had one two years ago that went 13 weeks!!!!!

No, you can go take a look at the "board" here: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/20042

Group name is: HBT survival
Password is: Beer

Click on "Group Picks" and all the picks will show up. We've picked the same picks almost every week! Since you're already a member of the group, that should work for you.

This is quite a battle. I check in every time I see it in the "New Posts" search and figure SOMEBODY must have won my now.

Back