Football SUICIDE/SURVIVAL League.... (with a nice prize)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restart on week 2?

• Yup - reset, start with week 2, pay to play

• Hells no - Bird, you effed up!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think it would be important to collect the money first- if your wife is not ok with using her paypal account, we could use mine and I could just PM you with how much we've collected and who paid and then mail you the check since you're in charge of the prize. Unless it's a gift cert, then I could do take care of the prize. No WAY I could get my hands on Utopia up here in the Northwoods, though!

I'll check back tonight. Hopefully by then we will know to whom and how much $$$$ we are sending.

I can't wait to try my new bottle of Utopias!!! ;)

Count me in... Just signed up and made my first weeks pick. Nothing like cutting it close to the deadline in Week 1. Hahaha...

Thanks for putting this out there. My coworker just mentioned doing a "Suicide"/"Survival" league today at lunch; I had never heard of it prior. I just have my normal Fantasy team (now via ESPN) through a work-league and a Pro Football pick' em' league on Yahoo as well. Hopefully I make it past week 1 at least, haha.

Let me know who to pay, how much, and when...

Let the game begggggin! :)

Bird? How could you miss it? It's YOUR league. I see we have 19 active players? Is $10 ok with everybody? I'll let you know by this weekend (got to get this straight with Bird) on how to pay for your pick.

Bird, is there anyway to "unlock" and allow you three to pick, as long as you don't pick tonights winner? I'd like us all to be active in it and that would give us 22 players.

$10 is fine. I made a pick but I wanted to change it. oh well.

The name of the game is Survival but bird, cocknocker and celler all committed suicide.

I may not survive week 1 but I went down fighting.

Picked team is first

Dirty_Bird_Suicide
Naked Bootleggers PIT @CLE
Uniconfis PIT @CLE
shunoshi's picks MIN ATL
Bernie's Best SEA TAM
Casa de Dude SEA TAM
Yooper's Winners PHI @GNB
Cock Knockers
Angry Pirates SDG CHI
Bike's Best Guess JAC TEN
cellar603
Mutine Bullfrogs SEA TAM
Last Man Standing DET @OAK
evil_98EXL PHI @GNB
TCHDNSD PIT @CLE
HighPlainsDrifter JAC TEN
attitude SEA TAM
turfguys picks PIT @CLE
ArroganceFan SEA TAM
olllllo JAC TEN
rdwj DET @OAK
Steeling Victory PIT @CLE

byebirdielogo.gif

I picked a f*cking team, I did it like friggin' four days ago. I picked whoever was playing Tampa this week - Seattle, I think. WTF? I swear to freakin' God, I was checking the odds and everything...

And now I can't connect to f*cking Yahoo!..............

If the wife wasn't feeling amorous right now, I'd be REALLY pissed off...

the_bird said:
I picked a f*cking team, I did it like friggin' four days ago. I picked whoever was playing Tampa this week - Seattle, I think. WTF? I swear to freakin' God, I was checking the odds and everything...

Seems crazy that you can't pick a team up until Sunday.

the_bird said:

yahoo's been fckuing up all week, starting with our ffb draft. they're down again as i type

I should have f*cking double-checked that the pick didn't get wiped out after their server issues the other night...

F*ck it, I'm out ten bucks, I'm out ten bucks. Goddamn asshats.

I would appear to be completely screwed. It's got me as "dead," and the commissioner tools are pretty limited. I could reset the group, but that deletes ALL the picks, hosing everybody else.

I am so f*cking pissed right now, I can't even express it.... I'll be rooting for Tampa Bay this weekend!

Actually, would anybody be pissed if I did this league manually? I can post my pick here in this thread before the first game of the week, and it's not like any math is involved.

And Yoops, if you want to handle the money aspects..... well, I'm not the most organized person in the world, so that would be appreciated ;) (BUT I DID MAKE AND CONFIRM MY GODDAMN PICK THIS WEEK! : mad:)

Well, I'll be glad to handle the money. I'll have everyone who has paypal send me the $10. For those of you who don't have Paypal, I'll send you my address to mail a check!

What I need is a PM from everybody with your league team name, your HBT id and how you're paying. I'll PM you back either my Paypal address or my mailing address for your check. Does that sound ok?

I'm ok with starting next week and skipping this week. That will give us the time to make our picks and get our money together.

Yooper Chick said:
Or..... you three that missed the deadline just put your picks in here. You'll be out soon enough anyway!

that seems like the easiest thing to do.

I'm surprised that you can't alter your pick with the commissioner tools. Yahoo was struggling last night. I'm cool with inputing my picks however necessary.

Nope, tried. Keeps me from cheating, I guess.

Yahoo!'s all f*cked up. Go to http://sports.yahoo.com/ (or click on the "Sports" link on Yahoo!'s home page, you get this message,

Sorry, the page you requested was not found.
Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo!, try visiting the Yahoo! home page or look through a list of Yahoo!'s online services. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.

OK, was able to get in another way...

These are all of the tools I have available:

Invite Friends Invite friends to join your group. All season
Lock Group Members Prevent any group member from posting messages. All season
Remove Group Members Delete and/or ban any group member. All season
Edit Group Settings Change the group password, max teams and start week. Until first pick deadline Reset Group Reset the group, including erasing all members picks for all weeks. After first pick deadline passes

Back