Fellowship of the Homebrew X: Thou Shalt Enjoy the Homebrew and Hangover!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, I really want to play, but the shipping costs are going to be prohibitive with our current situation. My dad is about to move to a group home from his memory care facility and I need to be available to help my mother with it; and a VERY large IRS bill is looming as well. There's two local competitions coming up that I want to enter, that I have permission from the husband to enter; and I can't do this and them too. PLEASE keep me in mind for the next one.

Thanks for the kind words @Dgallo. This will be a new thing for me, but I'm game to give it a try. Got 3 beers on now, and 1 on the way (though probably won't be ready in time).

Last edited:
This is going to be an awesome round.

Is the plan still to run it through thorakks site? If so, How do I get to it

Yes I’m sure he’s tracking everything in the manager.
Tomorrow or Sunday we will get the pick order for Monday and also a list of all the offers (depending on when all offers are submitted) and then Monday he will share the link for list of available offers that will stay up to date based on who’s offers are chosen

So for everyone wondering. I do plan on using the FOTD manager. Everything is loaded and ready to go. I will post the link tomorrow probably between 4-8pm EST to give @jerbrew time to decide. Once a decision is made tomorrow to move on with or without @jerbrew I will then run the randomizer for the pick list. This will also be between 4-8pm EST or after 1030pm EST as I have multiple indoor soccer games to coach tomorrow and will be in and out all day.

Probably should stop drinking my offer...
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200131194651279_COVER.jpg

Here is the link with the offers. Hopefully it works. Still waiting on @jerbrew. Once I find out his status I will add his offer and run the pick list.
http://fotd.optictheory.com/fellowship/22/offers/available
http://fotd.optictheory.com/fellowship/22/offers/available

it looks like it worked for the most part. If I made a mistake with your offer let me know and I will adjust it.

I will try to post the offers in this thread tomorrow. When we start all you will have to do is refresh the link and I’ll keep it updated with the available offers. Any questions let me know.

Its asking for a user name and password.

Yeah I saw that after I logged out. Not sure why it did that. Didn’t have that problem before. I guess I will have to copy and paste them into the thread. I have to run out for another soccer game so it might have to wait a little

TBC's offer:
1. Spiced Bourbon Stout 8%ABV

2. Belgian White Ale 5%ABV

3. Lemon Skeeter Pee

4. Lime Skeeter Pee

5. Berliner Weiss 4.2%ABV First Copitch, used L. Plantarum and WLP 029 Kolsch

6. Plum Berliner Weiss same as above. Added 5lb plums to 3 gallons. Planning to bottle Superbowl Sunday.

7. Blackberry Berliner Weiss same as above. Added 5lb blackberries to 3 gallons. Planning to bottle Super Bowl Sunday

TwistedGray's offer:
1. America Brown (4.5%) - This was brewed as a nut brown, but I used a yeast that would remove the nuttiness. It tastes like a brown ale.

2. NutBrown (4.2%) - This was brewed as a nut brown (same as above); however, I used a yeast that will retain the nuttiness from the grain.

3. Belgium Brown (4.6%) - Guess what...same as above, but with a Belgium yeast. This tastes more like a trappist ale; quite yummy!

4. California Amber (5.5%) - A simcoe heavy amber ale - hoppy.

5. Red Light Special Hard Cider (6%) - This will be either a pomegranate or a black cherry hard cider (I lost my ledger, so not sure which).

6. 2019 BoC Brew - Whiskey Spiced Campfire Stout (10%-ish) - This was my contribution towards the Beers of Christmas trade for 2019. Lots of seasonal spices, heavy handed Whiskey, and some lactose to give it body.

7. Hibiscus Ale (I think...unlabeled) (3.5%) - If this is what I think it is, it's a very hibiscus forward pale ale. It's quite bitter from the loads of hibiscus that went into it, and it's heavily carb'd. Instructions: Serve ice cold (frosted vessel, too), pop it into the freezer for a bit first, and pour fast once popped open.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Dgallo's offer:
1) NZ Style Pilsner - brewed with Riwaka and Nelson hops - ABV: 5.8%

2) Imperial Milk Stout - brewed with Lactose, Toasted Coconut, Chocolate, Coffee, and Vanilla Beans - ABV: 9.7%

3) New England Triple IPA - brewed with Columbus, Citra, Nelson, and Riwaka hops - ABV: 10.4%

DrGmG's offer:
Celebration Ale DIPA clone 7.7. Used cascade and centennial whole leaf hops.

Pumpking; 9.9% imperial stout with coffee/pumpkin spice added.

ESB; made with Lamonta malt as a base and fermented with WLP013, dry hopped with EKG.

A Westvleteren 12 clone, with an OG of 1.105, fermenting now with Belgian Abbey II (Wyeast 1762). Will need some aging but already tastes very good.

In February I will most likely have a hazy DIPA done too.

fourfarthing's offer:
Wee Heavy - brewed at the soon to be open Soul Brewing and fermented on S04

Harry - My robust Porter

Siuan - A Kolsch developed for my wife a protagonist of German beir love

Winter - its a winter warmer at lower ABV. Call it a British Strong.

Pale Ale- Cascade hopped basic APA

camonick's offer:
Putt-Putt Pilsner
Pilsner, Crystal 10 & carapils
Saaz hops
21.9 IBUs 3.7 SRM 5.5% ABV

Lacey's Red Irish Red Ale
2-row, Crystal 120, Caramunich I, Aromatic malt, Special B, & black barley
Northern Brewer & Willamette hops
28 IBUs 19.6 SRM 5.1% ABV

DUNK!!! Munich Dunkel
Munich malt, Pilsner malt, melanoiden, Carafa I
Tettnang hops
25.4 IBUs 15.5 SRM 5.2% ABV

Big Schwartz Schwarzbier
2-row, Munich, carapils, Chocolate malt, Blackprinz
Nugget hops
21.2 IBUs 28.2 SRM 5.6% ABV
A feeble attempt to clone New Belgium 1554

Hat Rack Chocolate Hazelnut Porter
2-row, Munich, Caramel 40 & 80, carapils, Chocolate malt, Black Patent
EKG & Willamette hops
8 oz Cacao nibs (secondary)
Hazelnut flavoring at kegging
33.3 IBUs 38.5 SRM 6.5% ABV
Disappointed in this brew as it doesn't have the chocolate nor hazelnut flavor I was hoping for, but still drinkable

Kegged but still need to bottle at time of offer:
Blonde Moment Blonde Ale
2-row, Caramel 10
Hallertauer Mittelfrueh & Hersbrucker Hops
19.8 IBUs 3.8 SRM 5.3% ABV

Weaping Rock Pale Ale (Yooper's House Pale Ale)
2-row, Vienna, Munich, Crystal 20 & 60
All Cascade hops
41.5 IBUs 9.1 SRM 5.4% ABV

aharri1's offer:
1. Doppelbock 9.2% "The maltinator"

Using wyeast lager yeast,very malty, semi-sweet and lagered for 9 months.

2. RIS 11.25% "Drop D for me"

Sweet stout with lactose, cacao nibs, vanilla beans, graham crackers, and coffee.

3. Coconut Stout using hornindal kveik "Electric Choconut" 6.2%

Toasted coconut flakes, vanilla beans, and cacao nibs. Very fruit forward and semi sweet

jaymosbeershack's offer:
Breakfast Stout: Imperial stout brewed with oatmeal, molasses, lactose, vanilla, and coffee. 9%

Juicy Pale: Pils, cara pils, and honey malt hopped like a New England with cascade and azzacca 5.8%

Petite Porter. Sessionable porter. 4.6%

Sour Pineapple Milkshake: 2 row and wheat, lactose, 8lb pineapple, vanilla, fermented with Chico and lactobacillus plantarum. 7.1%

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Stout: Stout brewed with Cinnamon toast crunch. 6.8%

Pianoman's offer:
- Raspberry Hard Lemonade. 6.5%.

- Mango/Jalapeno Hard Lemonade. 6.5%. Brewed 5gal and divided on half. Secondary with frozen raspberry or frozen mango/2 de-seeded jalapenos. Raspberry and mango extract added at kegging.

- Coffee/chocolate Stout 7%. A bit flat. French pressed 2 cups Vietnamese Chocolate coffee in whiskey and added. Wasn't enough coffee so added 1 cup French press Starbucks Verona/whiskey. Don't drink at night, it'll keep you awake!

- Belgian Quad aged in oak barrel. 10.5%. My house quad. It's a bit oaky so I'd let it sit a while to see if it tones down.

- Chocolate RIS. 10.5%. House RIS w/chocolate extract added. Aging nicely.

- Belgian Dubbel. 6%ish. Should be kegged soon. I'll let you know if something bad happens.

- Mead 13%. Orange Blossom and Clover honey used with Champagne yeast EC1118. It didn't ferment all the way and left a nice sweetness.

- There will be a surprise 12oz bottle of something special, I hope. If you follow our common threads you probably know what it is. I'll recommend 6 months minimum aging.

orionol73's offer:
Russian Imperial Stout - 13.7%

Imperial Honey IPA - 9.9%

Raspberry Kettle Sour - 5.3% before fruit, I think

Strata IPA - 6.2%

wepeeler's offer:
1. Kolsch

2. NEIPA

yoop89's offer:
Engine #1 Red Ale - 4.5% abv
Basic Irish Red with a little bit of toasted 2-row and homegrown cascade.

Chvala Chaga Porter - 4.7% abv
Porter with lactose and 8 oz of Chaga steeped after boil @ 180 then added to fermenter for entire fermentation.

Slow Ryed - 6.0% abv
50/50 2-row and rye w/ C120 and a bit of Roasted Barley(added at end of mash for color) fermented with TYB Almagation II. Brewed 4/6/19, Bottled 11/1/19.

Biere de Garde - 7.9% abv
Brewed with homegrown cascade, pitched a stepped up yeast harvest from cans of brewery vivant farmhand ale.

Ellis Imperial Stout II - 12.5% abv
Heavy on the roast, FG 1.020, brewed 10/27/19, transferred on top of 2 oak spirals from a batch of bourbon 12/4, kegged 1/4.

BrewMan13's offer:
1. Dark desires imperial stout: big, adjunct free imperial stout.

2. Windy acres wild ale: a very simple lambic style grist, fermented with wild yeast captured from my grandfather's farm; fairly sour.

3. Thunderkiss braggot: tips the scales at 17%, super sweet.

4. Schwarzbier: first take at the style, still fermenting. Mostly true to style.

Section1's offer:
1. Murphys Pub Drought clone, a dark but light ale 4.9%

2. Foster's lager clone, light beer 5.1%

3. Bullet Teeth Canadian Ale, my own recipe that I like 4.4%

4. English Special Bitter, a amberish ale 5.6%

5. Newcastle clone that will be ready to keg/bottle in about 4 days but would need time for bottle conditioning.

Jerbrew’s offer:
1) gingerbread porter. Some of you may have had some if the other keg of this. This one was with a scotch ale yeast, it was my favorite of the two.

2) NEIPA, simple, light grain Bill, ample amounts of galaxy, mosaic, and citra. Fermented will Imperial’s Barbarian yeast.

3) chai tea milk stout. Haven’t tested fg yet but it’s a big ol imperial around 9.5-10% abv. The chai really comes through. Impressed myself with this one.

4) hibiscus cider

5) tbd. I take forever to ship. Brewing next weekend so...It may be my next homebrew. May be some commercial, who knows?

Last edited:
Okay, thanks I’ll check it out tomorrow. The other thing I noticed was it wouldn’t let me submit an offer without uploading a file. That is why each offer has the same generic pic.
Yeah - I could remove the pic requirement I guess - would help for FotHB (or mystery boxes, though I like MS Paint art for those ;)

Back