Fellowship of the Drink VI: All Crying Samwise's will be Flogged

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@GaBrewZoo how much cucumber juice for this Saison? You're right, think more would only enhance the beer. Nicely done man!

I was going to do two batches back to back, first one plain, second one with cukes. First batch i had a little less than a gallon extra after kegging, so I put the extra in a small carboy and put 1/2 a cucumber in it for three days. WAY too much cucumber. I was cutting it with the plain, about 20% and it seemed perfect. When the keg got a little low, I added the rest to the keg, and it was a little less than I wanted. Think it's also faded a little since I put in there almost a month ago. I think next time I'll use two cukes for a day or two. It takes a lot less than ya think.

I was going to do two batches back to back, first one plain, second one with cukes. First batch i had a little less than a gallon extra after kegging, so I put the extra in a small carboy and put 1/2 a cucumber in it for three days. WAY too much cucumber. I was cutting it with the plain, about 20% and it seemed perfect. When the keg got a little low, I added the rest to the keg, and it was a little less than I wanted. Think it's also faded a little since I put in there almost a month ago. I think next time I'll use two cukes for a day or two. It takes a lot less than ya think.

I was thinking you might have juiced the cucumber and added that way. I was thinking about a cup for 5 gallons..??

Speaking of Amazing boxes, I got my offer from Brizzo today, Including homebrew, and homemade Maple Syrup!!!Thanks for the killer box bro, Cheers!

Glad you like it. We picked up two bottles of that flavor, two Buffalo Trace BB, and two cinnamon vanilla about a year and a half ago at the brewery. I have one cinnamon left.:mug:

Me and the wife are sharing while getting ready for a graduation party. Very tasty, nice amount of coffee and chocolate.

2017-05-27 16.25.35.jpg

Enjoying this by the pool. I'll have to get the recipe from you. Can't wait to get a day off so I can enjoy more than two or three before I go to work. I'm on day 9 of 12 in a row between off days. Thanks PianoMan.

2017-05-28 17.23.13.jpg

I'm working on a timeline. Haven't posted it yet. I'll post a tentative schedule in this thread this week and then we can get going. I did want to give people a chance to enjoy what they got.

Trying to figure out the next round. The biggest issue I have is that I'm not home at all the weekend of the 24-25th, which would fall as the nice place to do the pick.

Thread up this friday
offers due by the 16th
Offers posted the weekend of the 17th/18th
pick takes place sometime late the following week

So my options are push out another week and hold the pick basically in July, or host the pick friday night the 23rd at ~6-7pm EST. With 25 people and PianoMan's set time slots it's 2 hours for picking which should be doable.

Thoughts?

Trying to figure out the next round. The biggest issue I have is that I'm not home at all the weekend of the 24-25th, which would fall as the nice place to do the pick.

Thread up this friday
offers due by the 16th
Offers posted the weekend of the 17th/18th
pick takes place sometime late the following week

So my options are push out another week and hold the pick basically in July, or host the pick friday night the 23rd at ~6-7pm EST. With 25 people and PianoMan's set time slots it's 2 hours for picking which should be doable.

Thoughts?
Whatever works best for you would be my preference - worst case I'll submit a pick list (which I would probably do anyways)

My only issue would be if I unexpectedly worked late and didn't submit a list and got stuck with last.... oh wait, I was last the last round and got an amazing box! Do whatever makes you happy.

My only issue would be if I unexpectedly worked late and didn't submit a list and got stuck with last.... oh wait, I was last the last round and got an amazing box! Do whatever makes you happy.

I have yet to see a bad box in one of these.

I may have to do something about that... Genesee counts as local, right?

It especially count for me... I live in Rochester. But to be fair some of their brew house releases are quite fair ...

Hah! TBQH, as much as I joke, I actually am a fan of their cream ale.

I'd say Brooklyn, but I've found Brooklyn Lager overseas, so it no longer counts. I need to find some new breweries out on Long Island somewhere to mix in with whatever Finback has in cans/bottles. Bonus points if I can find a brewery with a local attempt at a macro lager.

Hah! TBQH, as much as I joke, I actually am a fan of their cream ale.

I'd say Brooklyn, but I've found Brooklyn Lager overseas, so it no longer counts. I need to find some new breweries out on Long Island somewhere to mix in with whatever Finback has in cans/bottles. Bonus points if I can find a brewery with a local attempt at a macro lager.

I have just the ticket... Here comes BMC style lager and amber ale. To be honest they are tasty though. Me and their cream ale have had many of good times, have you tried the brew house variant?

I have just the ticket... Here comes BMC style lager and amber ale. To be honest they are tasty though. Me and their cream ale have had many of good times, have you tried the brew house variant?

I haven't, unfortunately. I need to check the beer stores around here at some point to see if they stock it (or anything other than cream ale).

In addition to finback just toss in some other half and threes and I will pick yours. And I live in Westchester...

Mmm, threes. I need to go there at some point. I actually haven't managed to hit any of the Brooklyn breweries yet. Goal for this summer!

Back