Fellowship of the Drink VI: All Crying Samwise's will be Flogged

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look what came in today!! Thanks @k1ngl1ves. Guess I need to brew something with some Simcoe.

View attachment 401300

Just to remind (as noted in a PM), the Simcoe hops are from @imasickboy . Simcoe has an unfavorable reaction with my tastes, so I passed it on to @jimyson . I wanted sickboy's generosity to be passed to someone who would take full advantage of his offer. It was very very kind, and I would feel terrible if I let it rot away in my freezer.

I love to receive home brewing stuff from other home brewers, and I love it even more when I can pass those items on to other brewers with the desire to make something amazing that they and others can enjoy!

So now the pressure is on @jimyson . Make something magical. Something special. A Sickboy Simcoe Brew. Maybe even offer it up in the fotd...

:mug:

Let me know how those Draai Laag are! I really like sours. Also, the guy that runs the sour beer blog is opening a sour beer brewery near me and I've been debating buying a founding membership.

Any time you want to trade sours shoot me a message! Our local brewery makes the best I've had, so I'd be willing to try someone else's :)

Just to remind (as noted in a PM), the Simcoe hops are from @imasickboy . Simcoe has an unfavorable reaction with my tastes, so I passed it on to @jimyson . I wanted sickboy's generosity to be passed to someone who would take full advantage of his offer. It was very very kind, and I would feel terrible if I let it rot away in my freezer.

I love to receive home brewing stuff from other home brewers, and I love it even more when I can pass those items on to other brewers with the desire to make something amazing that they and others can enjoy!

So now the pressure is on @jimyson . Make something magical. Something special. A Sickboy Simcoe Brew. Maybe even offer it up in the fotd...

:mug:

Well, I guess I need to get designing.

I'm going to wait until at least the end of the week before we set up the next round. give everyone some time to get and enjoy beers.

I personally like the glassware aspect of this trade, but if the larger group wants to consider changing we can figure out an alternative. What I would like to see more of is some home brew getting thrown in with the shipments. I might finally have some more made for the next round. I've been slacking lately.

I'm going to wait until at least the end of the week before we set up the next round. give everyone some time to get and enjoy beers.

I personally like the glassware aspect of this trade, but if the larger group wants to consider changing we can figure out an alternative. What I would like to see more of is some home brew getting thrown in with the shipments. I might finally have some more made for the next round. I've been slacking lately.

Likewise, I need more brew time. Got a batch in today though so I'll have a nice IPA ready for the next round. Maybe I can get the Simcoe batch in too.

Likewise, I need more brew time. Got a batch in today though so I'll have a nice IPA ready for the next round. Maybe I can get the Simcoe batch in too.

There may be Simcoe in my next shipment, also. Maybe Simcoe homebrew, too. I bought a metric ****ton of Simcoe.

@ jekeane .thanks for the awesome beers!! it landed yesterday, but i had to work. itrader feedback left.
can't wait to try the Homebrews.:D
100_3117.jpg

I am a slacker and have not shipped yet, but I keep adding bottles to make sure he doesn't mind.

Hey, take as long as you like, especially if you are going to feel the need to add more beer. LOL I don't mind at all. :D I just got mine out to cegan yesterday anyway. :mug:

Holy mother of beer traders. Just got home from out of town and came home to this. Jerbrew hooked it up. Not only extra beer, but an awesome bottle opener as well as a sticker to add on the keezer.
Especially loved the bottles in pvc. Those will be used on future trades.
I can not thank you enough, will try to attack these this weekend. Plus at a bottle share on Thursday we will be trying the Saison's.

1495686290038748391724.jpg

Holy mother of beer traders. Just got home from out of town and came home to this. Jerbrew hooked it up. Not only extra beer, but an awesome bottle opener as well as a sticker to add on the keezer.
Especially loved the bottles in pvc. Those will be used on future trades.
I can not thank you enough, will try to attack these this weekend. Plus at a bottle share on Thursday we will be trying the Saison's.

Are those the same PVC tubes I sent to Jerbrew? If so, I'm glad they're getting used.

Are those the same PVC tubes I sent to Jerbrew? If so, I'm glad they're getting used.

They are. And I did what you asked. Put their travel history on them. From GA to San Diego back out to Florida. They made packing really easy. It is definitely a great idea.

They are. And I did what you asked. Put their travel history on them. From GA to San Diego back out to Florida. They made packing really easy. It is definitely a great idea.

Lol, didn't even notice the travel history. I'll do the same.

Just got to it. I've been rebuilding my pool pump, which couldn't wait. Mother in law is also coming this weekend, so my wife is on a rampage. Really excited to try these. I really appreciate you sending these to me. They look fantastic, homebrews are already in the fridge. And I love the crowler coozy and sticker. Thanks again.

Pianoman.jpg

Just got to it. I've been rebuilding my pool pump, which couldn't wait. Mother in law is also coming this weekend, so my wife is on a rampage. Really excited to try these. I really appreciate you sending these to me. They look fantastic, homebrews are already in the fridge. And I love the crowler coozy and sticker. Thanks again.

You are welcome!

So bearings, impeller change out? My bearings are shot, just bought another but constantly too drunk to install. I blame FotD!

You are welcome!

So bearings, impeller change out? My bearings are shot, just bought another but constantly too drunk to install. I blame FotD!

14 year old pump, 4 year old motor. Motor screaming like a banshee, seals leaking a couple gallons a day. Put it together and took it apart four times before I got it right.

What do you guys think about doing one of these with homebrew as the additional item in place of glassware. We could maybe put it in place in 3 months to give everyone a chance to get in that does bottle conditioning.

What do you guys think about doing one of these with homebrew as the additional item in place of glassware. We could maybe put it in place in 3 months to give everyone a chance to get in that does bottle conditioning.

i'm game, although i include Hb's with all my shipments.

Or even a solely HB pictured trade could be interesting! Puts the creativity of the brewer (us) above the hype of the beer.

Spin off!

I don't brew enough to have enough for a trade like this that's all HB. I usually only have 1 or maybe 2 ready at a time. However i'd be perfectly ok with saying either glassware or HB in the next round. Mixes it up a little.

Back