Favorite Brewing Music

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brewhead said:
i have a couple guitars up in the brewery. sometimes i'll get one out while waiing on a 60 minute boil and do some john lee hooker one of my all time favorite bluesmen.

Funny...that's who I listen to while cleaning my guns lol!

Yeah, Mastodon is pretty insane. I saw them live in Detroit a number of years ago and it was one of the most in your face shows I've ever been too.

I'm brewing up a batch of my Porter today and I'm starting off the day with some Havok. I'll probably be listening to some old school Slayer as well.:rockin:

Come a little closer honey, I won’t bite ya.
One more lager and I might learn to like ya!

Rakel Smoked Porter brew day 11-20-11.jpg

Saw Russian Circles last night, so I'm blasting them while brewing a Belgian Dark Strong today.

sick! they are playing here next Monday after thanksgiving - so pumped to see them :rockin:

was planning on brewing today with a post rock heavy setlist but the rain has deterred the brewing part

sick! they are playing here next Monday after thanksgiving - so pumped to see them :rockin:

was planning on brewing today with a post rock heavy setlist but the rain has deterred the brewing part
Man, it was ridiculous. They are so heavy and intense live. Have you heard their new album? It's damn good.

Man, it was ridiculous. They are so heavy and intense live. Have you heard their new album? It's damn good.

it's on heavy rotation right now :rockin:

was just recently exposed to them in the past few months, after seeing Explosions in the Sky earlier this year in a cemetery i've been obsessed with a lot of post rock music - really dig the heavier edge of Russian Circles

it's on heavy rotation right now :rockin:

was just recently exposed to them in the past few months, after seeing Explosions in the Sky earlier this year in a cemetery i've been obsessed with a lot of post rock music - really dig the heavier edge of Russian Circles

If you like Explosions in the Sky, you should also check out This Will Destroy You. Another post-rock band outta TX...somewhere between EITS and Russian Circles. Similarly evocative and atmospheric. Good brewday backdrop.

If you like Explosions in the Sky, you should also check out This Will Destroy You. Another post-rock band outta TX...somewhere between EITS and Russian Circles. Similarly evocative and atmospheric. Good brewday backdrop.

i have listened to Young Mountain a few times but need to check out more of their catalog

also been digging:
Maserati
Red Sparowes
re:
Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Korpiklaani, The Blaggards, Dropkick Murphy's, and flogging molly. I have a Pandora channel I stream while I brew(under korpiklaani). Totally gets you in the mood.

Tom T. Hall – all day long. My dad got me into him several years back, before I started brewing, and he just seemed like a natural fit when I started making beer.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i5k4I1AOEI]Tom T Hall (I Like Beer) - YouTube[/ame]

+1 Infamous Stringdusters.. Thanks for sharing that.....

Also, check out "sleepymanbanjoboys" on youtube.. these kids are fantastic.. Wish I had the talent they have in one finger... much less 10......

brewing an English Mild today so figured the playlist should be English inspired

White Album
Beggar's Banquet
DSOTM
OK Computer
Pablo Honey
Thick as a Brick

Primus, start with Pork soda."Ain't nothin quite like sittin around the house,swillin down them cans of swine".

Back