Favorite Brewing Music

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Metal myself (mainly Black, Thrash, Black/thrash and Doom sub-genres) but can't see myself listening to it WHILE brewing, just seems anti-climatic and destracting. Maybe once i get more experience.

Doom could work though.

Well my wife bitching occurs sometimes, but usually not. Usually just wants to know when I get a free minute, during mash, or during boil between hop additions. I cant bring myself to listen to much other than metal doing anything lately! I am almost 30 years old now, and still love the powerful guitar, and drums of metal. Watching the boil, with some metallica (the good stuff) blaring in the garage, is like a vacation for me.

I saw a video on youtube where a bunch of rednecks were brewing to Freebird, so that always starts off the brew. I normally play my kill mix that I used when playing video games.

Jazz - anything from classic combos to avante garde
Metal - Ayreon/Avantasia/SymphonyX

Mostly those two genres, but I listen to and play just about everything.

I listen to talk radio on KLIN lincoln, but on weekends its just rerun bill orielly, and shaun hannity, that I heard during the week.

Either JZ podcasts or talk radio. Bonus points for Michael Savage!
Usually JZ podcasts, keeps the beer mojo flowin....

I usually just blare the TV some history channel or national geographic channel. brewed my last brew to Seinfeld. Lol sorry, but it's true.

Talk Radio, Sirius Lithium, Jazz, 80's 90's Country or Outlaw Country, but mostly talk radio.

I turn on the DVR to modern marvels or something while I bottle

Last brew was to country. I used to hate country but lately I have been super stressed so brewing to country just chills me out. Country chills me out so I listen to it on my way to work so I dont freak out right as I get there. And brewing, although stressing, its a good stress and relaxing. So both just chill me out and put me in a good mood for the rest of the day!

A lot of Bob Marley. I am a eclectic when it comes to music but, I find brewing to be ka kind of meditation for me and Bob goes nicely with it.

I like to listen to a little bluegrass band called Iron Horse. Something about listening to some downhome type of music and making beer feels right.

Indie rock or alt-country

I'll listen to most anything while I'm brewing. I take my laptop into the garage and use it for my timers, my brewsmith, keeping tabs on HBT and then hook it up to some old computer speakers and put the iTunes on.

My Britney Spears / Neil Diamond / Barry Manilow / ABBA / Bette Midler playlist on my Ipod...

:drunk:
HA!

Actually it is a combo of the local rock station and SWMBO yapping in the background...

Are you kidding me?!?!?! Polkas of course.... What other genre of music talks about beer more than polkas!!!:mug:

My last brew started with Flogging Molly (Swagger), followed by Bad Religion (Suffer), and finished up with some Dead (Hartford, 1972 I think).

I like to throw something upbeat in the middle of the playlist and then ramp it down to pitching.

I listen to a bunch of long, atmospheric, progressive, jazz / doom / sludge metal.

So... Isis, Intronaut, Cult of Luna, Mouth of the Architect, Jesu, Mastodon, Porcupine Tree, etc.

Those 13 minute jam progressions just make the time fly by, because you get thru with brewing and you are still on the same CD that you were on when you started :D (virtually, not literally)

I'm either listenin to jazz or classical but sometimes ill pop on some sports talk radio, or the tv... I like my brew day to be chill so usually jazz

Russian Romantic-era composers, generally. Rimsky-Korsakov, Tschiakowski, Mussorgskiy, Borodin, Scriabin, Rachmaninoff, with occasional forays into the Neo-Classical work of Prokofiev and Shostakovich.

The next brew will, however, be Sting singing Dowland to the accompaniament of Karamazov's lute. Songs from the Labyrinth, the album's called. Listen to cuts here. Divine!

Bob

Cincinnati Reds if on the radio or Classic Rock, which are probably classified as oldies now-Zeppelin, Doors, Who, etc

Back