Favorite Brewing Music

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be weird... I prefer brewing at night, after SWMBO is in bed and the house is quiet. I don't usually listen to anything while actually brewing, but might watch TV while waiting for my timed steps and additions.

I've been playing Mortal Love, Within Temptation, Stream of Passion, Elis, and others like that. Wasn't something I used to like. Now it seems female fronted bands have my ear and I can't get enough.

I like to light some scented candles, hang some energy crystals in the doorway(to keep the nasties out), Do some pre-mash yoga, and put some Enya on the cd player.

lol these responses are great. I will still play some metal, but may take the Brew network advise, listened to what they were streaming today, reruns, at work. I really need to get a new bluetooth stereo headphones, listning on broken ones, mono and 3 hours a charge, SAD. I find the Brew network radio to be good, but scares me with the call in thing. People that call in either do real messed up stuff, or what I do, and usually its wrong. Learning alot fast!

I listen to everything but mostly Metal. My first batch was conceived while listening to the Grateful Dead. I was shocked to hear my wife say that she dug the smell of the wort getting its awesome on, I almost cried into it...

The last few times have been Superchunk, the Weakerthans, Wilco, and I bottled listening to Palace Music. I'm an indie rock snob.

I was happy to see a couple of people listen to some progressive stuff.

I usually pull on a concept album. Aryeon's Human Equation, Pain of Salvation's Be, Pink Floyd's DSOTM, Symphony X's The Odyssey, and so on. The continuity of thought in the albums makes time fly by for me.

I sit in silence, alone in my kitchen for the whole day.

Don't really have any portable music players... it's all on the desktop machine.

Love the prog metal though, The Odyssey is a great album.

mostly the voices in my head. But other than that I put on the tv to either the food network or discovery, or a hockey game if I can find one.

B

Good thread..

Mine is always changing but lately I listened to U2, Vampire Weekend, Fleet Foxes, Counting Crows, and an Indie Mix...

I use Pandora these days. Usually start at King Crimson or Jethro Tull. Either way they end up playing just about anything I used to own on vinyl in the seventies, but with a few nice surprises here and there. Pandora rocks!! :D

I usually rock out to moe. but lately it's been the Grateful Dead Channel, since I started doing full boils out in the garage. Because SWMBO, which I can't figure out, can't stand the smell of brewing????

I use Pandora these days. Usually start at King Crimson or Jethro Tull. Either way they end up playing just about anything I used to own on vinyl in the seventies, but with a few nice surprises here and there. Pandora rocks!! :D

+1 on Pandora. I lived off that during finals last spring.

I think we need to create the ultimate brew mix, with songs such as:
Beer- Reel Big Fish
One Bourbon, one Scotch, one Beer- John Lee Hooker
40. oz to Freedom- Sublime

Anyone else got any good beer/booze related songs?

I'm not really surprised at the numbers of people listening to music while they brew, nor am I surprised at the numbers listening to the BN. I used to listen to the BN every brew day, but found myself serving two masters: I'd miss hearing something on the BN so I'd end up backing up the podcast every tem minutes or I'd pay too much attention to the Podcast and jack up my brew by missing key processes. Now I'll toss a game on the radio or talk radio will play but not loud enough that it actually interferes with the brew day. Most warm summer brewdays are spent listening to the sounds of whirring pumps and the sounds of the city.

I was just going to mention that I thought I might be the only one who listens to rap/hip-hop... I guess I might just be in an incredibly small minority instead.
Cypress Hill is just kind of Cypress Hill. It's it's own genre. Same with Sublime.:fro:

Kalmah, Finntroll, Alestorm, Epica, Therion. It makes the brew taste more epic... And who doesn't like epic brew?

I 2nd that!!!:mug:
I usually have Grateful Dead or Jerry playing when I brew its so relaxing. I downloaded a crap-load of live sets for archive.com so its nice to have time to go through a whole show in a session.

Yea, I think I've got 37 hours of Live Dead on my Zen. Plus, most of my DMB is live as well.

I have a 250 GB hard drive full of mp3s so I start at one end of the playlist and it goes until I'm done.... 34,428 songs on that hard drive so far. Yesterday it was the Black Sabbath Discography

Mostly jazz. A wide variety, Herbie Hancock, Miles Davis, Gil Scott-Heron, Maynard Fergusen, David Sanborn, Michael Franks, Al Jarreau. Sometimes rock.

Back