Don't Do That.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd go around brewing the Dragonmead Final Absolution Clone.

Writing was on the wall for this batch earlier in the week when the second step of my starter overflowed out of the 2L flask. Don't Do That

A friend showed up right as I lit the flame to heat up the mash water, so of course we started drinking far too early....Don't Do That

Good news: hit pre-boil volume exactly.

Bad news: Expected pre-boil gravity 1.072. Actual 1.052. WTF?

Whatever - added a little over 2 lbs of DME....moving on

Only when already had the chiller going did I realize two major errors:

1. Forgot to back out the :15 late addition 2 lbs of Simplicity candy syrup out of the Beer Smith recipe when calculating pre-boil gravity - Don't Do That

2. Forgot to add the 2 lbs of Simplicity as a : 15 late addition. Don't Do That (Actually It's probably a good thing I forgot the addition since I had already added 2 lbs of DME)​

Oh well....Curious how this will turn out with the DME instead of the sugar. Worst case scenario..I brewed beer.....

Oh - and just to make the day complete....Went to pour a pint of the beer I brewed 3 weeks ago. Seems I had far too many people here for brewday - Kicked the keg. Don't Do That.

When you turn the water on in an immersion chiller sitting in a boiling wort, and the other end of the hose is laying freely on the floor and you are hoping that this time it won't be shooting out the scalding hot, steamy water, in all directions, like it always does. Don't do that.

EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

Try to unstick a stuck sparge by blowing into the valve. Put mouth on valve before opening valve. Don't do that.

When you have a recipe that is very good, change several variables at once in pursuit of making it even better....don't do that.

(I made a Strawberry Blonde a few months ago that was amazing by accident, and this time around I tried to simplify the grain bill, change the water composition, and then the biggest mistake of all - decided to try Wyeast 3333 (high-flocculating German Wheat yeast), fermented on the high side to try to get some banana esters and hopefully a very clear beer. The clove character almost completely overshadows the Strawberry flavor...and this is to be poured at a festival next weekend...)

When google maps is working OK, but a window pops in telling you you need this app to make it work in chrome! Don't do that!

Telling your wife her new shoes look like something her mother would buy and wear when asked "Honey what do you think of my new shoes?"
Don't do that.

Seeing SWMBO in a tank top and telling her if she lifted a weight once in a while her arms could be defined and not flabby!

Don't Do that!

Pointing out that very vocally to your wife that she makes less than half of the gross yearly salary you do when you make a un-discussed beer equipment upgrade and therefore your larger income contribution to the family is the justification for why you bought this new piece of equipment...So there..

Don't do that.

Disclaimer: I have (and still am) been married for over 18 years now. I have A L O T of "Don't Do That..." moments I can and most likely will share when it comes to SWMBO.

Seeing SWMBO in a tank top and telling her if she lifted a weight once in a while her arms could be defined and not flabby!

Don't Do that!

I have (and still am) been married for over 18 years now. I have A L O T of "Don't Do That..." moments I can and most likely will share when it comes to SWMBO

Using the term SWMBO when you aren't actually a Gimp.
Don't do that.

My apologies if these actually ARE your pajamas...

gimp-ee54e5b3c86ab254c06b88b8c67b46dda440b433-s300-c85.jpg

Disclaimer: I have (and still am) been married for over 18 years now. I have A L O T of "Don't Do That..." moments I can and most likely will share when it comes to SWMBO.

Oh. This is gonna be good!

Wash out your airlock and leave it on a towel to dry... within reach of your counter-surfing puppy.

Don't do that.

Not noticing when your wife has her hair colored and done until 3 days later when the check clears and you notice you are lighter by $100 in the bank account and during your investigation on the missing funds, you finally realize that was for her hair appointment and attempt to acknowledge at that point that you like what she did with her hair.

Don't do that.

Going to the gynocologist with your wife who is pregnant with your first child and when entering the exam room you notice that only one stirrup is in the upright position.
Being the curious george you are, when the doctor enters the room, you very emphatically say "Hey Doc! How many one-legged women do you see in a week?" while pointing at the single stirrup in its upright position as your wifes face turns as red as a beet with anger and embarrassment.
Don't Do That...

or

Do That...if you want to never get asked to go with her to those doctor appointments again.
:drunk:

This is from a not so bright flatmate I had years ago. I saw the burns.

Decide to have a bonfire in the woods. The fire won't start so you siphon some gas off a dirtbike. A few beers later take a ride on the said dirtbike. Notice the gas tank cap is missing and your pants are wet. Ask your friend if he has a lighter to see if the wet stuff on your pants is gasoline or beer.

Don't do that.

Back