Making Seltzer. Do I need to worry about Oxidation? Should I bother purging my keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer-Baron

Reaction score
I'm making Seltzer the Omega way with their Lutra Kveik yeast and their Proper Seltzer Nutrients. I'll be using RO water.

Do I need to worry about purging my serving keg of O2? Will Seltzer Oxidize?

side question: Should I add any water additions? Or is RO water good enough?

I'm making Seltzer the Omega way with their Lutra Kveik yeast and their Proper Seltzer Nutrients. I'll be using RO water.

Do I need to worry about purging my serving keg of O2? Will Seltzer Oxidize?

side question: Should I add any water additions? Or is RO water good enough?
I think you're overthinking. 😁

Is there something that can oxidase? I wouldn't bother with it.

Water... Use tap water and carbon filter. IDK why people use RO water. Only in case of too much minerals, maybe.

And.... You're "Beer Baron", why are you doing hard seltzer? Go brew a beer! 😂

Great questions as I am giving seltzer a second try today. I am buying distilled water and following the instructions with the Morebeer kit to a T. They have some water additions that they put in the kit, so I am going to use them. The first batch I tried I used tap water. It had a very Sulphur smell to it and I was not a really big fan. My mom really liked it, so I am going to brew it up mainly for her. Sometimes I am looking for something a bit cleaner and lighter and thought this might work. I am interested in what you come up with, and how yours ends up tasting. Please report back or send me a DM.

Back