DC Area Group Buy #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we still on target for a May 3rd pickup at 3 Stars Brewery? My son is due to be born on May 4th, so I may need to make arrangements! LOL.

I'd love to see it put in next weekend with pickup on the 26th so we have the grains for Big Brew. After drinking liters of Altbier in Dusseldorf, I need to get to brewing it! That being said, I defer to the powers that be and volunteer their time to this effort, I'll be there when it's pickup day. :)

Are we still on target for a May 3rd pickup at 3 Stars Brewery? My son is due to be born on May 4th, so I may need to make arrangements! LOL.

Congrats on your son's upcoming birth. Babies are not on a schedule, as you may already know, so be prepared any time now.

That May 3rd pickup date was very arbitrary. We actually set a 3 week target period, just as arbitrary. I doubt anyone looked at coinciding brewing events or buyers' preferences. So let's get serious about the date now we get closer. Tony?

Between your son's arrival and Big Brew, that's a bad day for pickup.

Aye! You mentioned that before so let's get our preferences known, while we still can.

I'd love to see it put in next weekend with pickup on the 26th so we have the grains for Big Brew. After drinking liters of Altbier in Dusseldorf, I need to get to brewing it! That being said, I defer to the powers that be and volunteer their time to this effort, I'll be there when it's pickup day. :)

I guess it sucks to be back now, not getting your daily fix of Altbier.

It may be possible if we get the majority of buyers, Tony, and 3 Stars all in line. We are only at 33 sacks at the moment including 6 open splits and 100# yet to go on those. Those would need to get filled too.

It's a lot of work to get everything organized and distributed, and the larger the order the more it's worth doing for all of us.
IOW, it's about the same amount of work for 30 sacks as it is for 40. Just saying.

I am not 'dying' for my stuff right now, so I am okay with it going into May, especially since the weekend of the 26th is my B day weekend and I have stuff lined up and wouldn't be able to help/pick up. That said, if the majority of folks want to do it early, my order, including my splits, can just slide till the next buy.

I am not 'dying' for my stuff right now, so I am okay with it going into May, especially since the weekend of the 26th is my B day weekend and I have stuff lined up and wouldn't be able to help/pick up. That said, if the majority of folks want to do it early, my order, including my splits, can just slide till the next buy.

Right, I think we're on the same idea-track here. I doubt anyone is really "dying" for grains, and since you're one of the main buyer's (and transporter) in the group, you definitely have some say-so. If you would hold off till next time, the whole buy suddenly becomes kinda moot.

Now if a few come along and add 20-some whole sacks to the order, maybe we could push for an earlier date while possibly foregoing some or all of the splits until next time. The splits really take most work and effort on all of those participating.

Not dying for my grain either and have to do a college visit with my daughter last weekend of this month. First weekend in May works for me.

Congrats on your son's upcoming birth. Babies are not on a schedule, as you may already know, so be prepared any time now.

That May 3rd pickup date was very arbitrary. We actually set a 3 week target period, just as arbitrary. I doubt anyone looked at coinciding brewing events or buyers' preferences. So let's get serious about the date now we get closer. Tony?

Aye! You mentioned that before so let's get our preferences known, while we still can.

I guess it sucks to be back now, not getting your daily fix of Altbier.

It may be possible if we get the majority of buyers, Tony, and 3 Stars all in line. We are only at 33 sacks at the moment including 6 open splits and 100# yet to go on those. Those would need to get filled too.

It's a lot of work to get everything organized and distributed, and the larger the order the more it's worth to all of us.
IOW, it's about the same amount of work for 30 sacks as it is for 40. Just saying.

Thanks! This is my second but the first was scheduled, so this is new territory for me! However, now I will have TWO helpers on brew day.

All: earliest possible pick up date would be May 10, and the 17th actually looks better though I need to check with the brewery again to get firm dates when he can support. I have a LOT on the plate between now and then so please be patient if you try to contact me and I don't answer promptly...also those of you asking for the list I will try to get to that today.

PikevilleBrew: congrats bud!!

All: earliest possible pick up date would be May 10, and the 17th actually looks better though I need to check with the brewery again to get firm dates when he can support. I have a LOT on the plate between now and then so please be patient if you try to contact me and I don't answer promptly...also those of you asking for the list I will try to get to that today.

That should work wonderfully for me.

May 17th is a very busy day with all the local beer competitions and festivals:

Spirt of Free Beer
Beer Bacon Music
Battle of the Bubbles IV

Later in May would be fine with me, if we can't make the 10th work.

May 17th is a very busy day with all the local beer competitions and festivals:

Spirt of Free Beer
Beer Bacon Music
Battle of the Bubbles IV

Later in May would be fine with me, if we can't make the 10th work.

Oh yeah.. forgot about BBM.. that weekend is a no-go for me.

I would love to get a bag of 2row US but that would mean I have to buys a grain mill as well huh

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

Neither the 10th or 17th will work for me. The 10th is judging for Beer Bacon and Music and the 17th is judging for Battle of the Bubbles and the BBM event. If May 3rd can't work - can we shoot for May 24th? We don't want to step on local beer events with a pick up date....

I would love to get a bag of 2row US but that would mean I have to buys a grain mill as well huh

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

Unless you can talk another homebrewer into milling your sack :D

Those Corona mills or their generic off-springs (e.g., Victory) can do a decent job if you tighten them down. $25-50.

Hi,

First time joining this group buy. I'd like to open another DME for split. I could do 30lbs.

1 X 3440C - Briess DME Pilsen Light 50 Lbs.

Hi,

First time joining this group buy. I'd like to open another DME for split. I could do 30lbs.

Welcome to the group buy!

I'll add your split, but for the time being I'll put stonebrewer as the primary buyer, and you as a regular buyer (#19). Reason is the spreadsheet only allows up to 8 "primary buyers," at least for now, and it's maxed out on those.

I'll see if I have time to edit and expand the formulas etc. in the near future.

Thanks! This is my second but the first was scheduled, so this is new territory for me! However, now I will have TWO helpers on brew day.

Congratulations!!! Warning: 1 + 1 > 2 ... good luck :) My 2.5yo is finally getting helpful in the brewhouse, and I think my 7mo will be coming around to helping sooner than her older brother.

Re: corona mills, they work great! I highly recommend Revvy's Ugly Junk thread (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-ugly-junk-corona-mill-station-90849/) ... I made my junk ugly, and it works great!!

I would prefer later in the month for pickup as well. I totally didn't realize until this morning that May 3rd is my wedding anniversary weekend, good thing we can't meet that day. The 10th would work for me. I'm also at BBM on the 17th. Just a heads up, the following weekend (May 24th) is Memorial Day weekend. That won't be a problem for me, but I'm just throwing it out there in case others had plans that weekend.

OK so they can only support two dates in May, the 24th and 31st. So it will be one of those two...I need to check some other things at work and home to see which works best. Leaning toward the 31st as that gets us away from a holiday weekend which will likely impact a lot of people...

Got caught up on newbies.

Will be tough to get in touch with me this week, so please be patient if you need my attention on something. Cheers all!

OK so they can only support two dates in May, the 24th and 31st. So it will be one of those two...I need to check some other things at work and home to see which works best. Leaning toward the 31st as that gets us away from a holiday weekend which will likely impact a lot of people...

Got caught up on newbies.

Will be tough to get in touch with me this week, so please be patient if you need my attention on something. Cheers all!

I vote the 31st!

I'll take:

1 bag RAH 1005 Rahr Premium Pilsner 50lb

10 lb of the DME split

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So noted, but I can't add you to the splits spreadsheet right now. It's full until I expand the fields and formulas later today. I'll put it under mine for time being.

Your 5# closes the Pilsner DME split.

Who would have thought that the DC group buy would become so popular!??! :mug:

Hey guys, sorry to do this as I know it's going to mess up some splits. But, I'm going to back my order out.
I need grain in the next couple of weeks, so I'm going to work with my buddy who owns a brewery and is going to hook me up.
Sorry for the extra work Fritz!

Group,
Someone else will have to claim the Rye, Smoked Wheat, White Wheat and Pilsner splits, or they'll die.

Cheers!

Hey guys, sorry to do this as I know it's going to mess up some splits. But, I'm going to back my order out.
I need grain in the next couple of weeks, so I'm going to work with my buddy who owns a brewery and is going to hook me up.

Group,
Someone else will have to claim the Rye, Smoked Wheat, White Wheat and Pilsner splits, or they'll die.

Cheers!

Am I glad I wasn't on any of the splits :D

On a brighter note, this will free up one spot for the primary buyers! :mug:

I'll take 5lb of the smoked wheat.

Added.

Group,

Cheers!

Yeah, I understand, 4 weeks from now is no good if you need them sooner.
I'll adjust the sheet, no problem.

In the same breath, we need adopters for [CORRECTION] 3 splits atjsparty started. They've become ownerless.

Am I glad I wasn't on any of the splits :D

On a brighter note, this will free up one spot for the primary buyers! :mug:

You're good now, but don't hold your breath, anyone could bail at any time, for whatever reason. At least Aaron gave us ample notice on these and we have a month left to fill them.

One primary opening won't cure the problem I'm afraid. I'm looking into scripting the sheet...

Hi,

Welcome to the group buy!

I'll add your split, but for the time being I'll put stonebrewer as the primary buyer, and you as a regular buyer (#19). Reason is the spreadsheet only allows up to 8 "primary buyers," at least for now, and it's maxed out on those.

I'll see if I have time to edit and expand the formulas etc. in the near future.

Fixed! With atjsparty's bailing, you got the 5th primary buyer's slot now.

Yoink! The last 5# of DME is mine!

So noted, but I can't add you to the splits spreadsheet right now. It's full until I expand the fields and formulas later today. I'll put it under mine for time being.

Your 5# closes the Pilsner DME split.

Fixed! You're buyer #14 now, (atjsparty's old slot).

Still need to investigate if its easier to script the sheet rather than adding more and extensive formulas... it's supposed to be a hobby.

I'll start a new split:

SKU 3200C Flaked Corn 50lb

I'll take 10lbs.

I will only hold to this split if it goes this round as I doubt I'll need anything for the next one. Cheers!

I'll take 5lbs PBW.

Added.

I'll start a new split:

SKU 3200C Flaked Corn 50lb

I'll take 10lbs.

I will only hold to this split if it goes this round as I doubt I'll need anything for the next one. Cheers!

Added to the split list and your account. But it won't show you as primary buyer until I add more fields and update all formulas...

Back