CW Crate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r2eng

Reaction score
I got tired of storing my bottles in worn out cardboard boxes. I saw the CW Crate ad in BYO, so I decided to try them out.

Things didn't start out great, as the coupon code did not work. A quick e-mail to them was answered right away, saying it should work. They did say they would be sure to take the 5% off afterwards.

My order arrived 5 days later, but only had 2 of the 4 boxes I ordered, and not screws to assemble them. :( Again, I e-mailed them and was quickly shipped the remaining boxes and all of the hardware.

The boxes themselves are nice! They are corrugated plastic, therefore waterproof. The are stiff at first, but once loaded with bottles and flexed they work well.

All-in-all, I am pleased with the outcome. I think these guys are new in the business of selling and shipping their product, and so things will undoubtedly improve with order accuracy. The great thing was their communication: e-mails were answered promptly and courteously.

Thx for the info! I was just about to pose a question in the bottling section about CW Crate, but searched first and found your feedback. I was concerned about the durability and strength...especially the bottom since they look like they snap together.

Are they strong? Do the 'screws' seem like they'll last. Hate to spend $ on nice cases and have something that isn't much better than my cardboard...

They don't snap together, but use the screw-rivets.

They are pretty strong, seem like they will last. They are a bit stiff at first, but I like them and may order some for my 22-oz bottles.

Back