Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha! It definitely had me curious despite all the terrible reviews. If it was $7-9, I would've rolled the dice. At $14? No thanks. My limit for beer where there's a good chance I'll hate it is about $10. There's still some bottles of Crime from Stone sitting around. At $19, I won't be picking one up. Not a huge fan of chiles in beer.

You wouldn't get me to drink it again if you gave me the beer and $14.

Crime was brutal. Drain pour. Maybe a tie with Dark Lord for my least favorite beer ever.

I can see where someone would dislike DL. The one I tasted was a bit too thick and sweet. Not really a drain pour, but definitely a beer to share. I don't think I would be able to get through a whole bottle alone. We ended up mixing some with a Surly Overrated just for the heck of it. It turned out good.

Crime is literally the only beer I can think of that I have drain poured.

Yeah, I heard a lot of this. That's why I never bought Crime or Punishment. I don't think this liquor store that still has some Crime on the shelf will ever sell it. Well, maybe if they drastically reduce the price...or give it away.

Monday bump with the new ones added.

Nthulu
BA Dark Lord
BSBS Vanilla Rye, Prop, Rare
BA Behemoth
Peachfunker
Fou Foune
Any Side Project
BBA Mexican Cake
Board Meeting
Assassin
beaucop desay
Apricot bu
Remys pappy
Vanilla - Java eclipse

Feel free to send me a PM if you're close. Im huge into big BA stouts more than anything, but always love a good sour.

I can see where someone would dislike DL. The one I tasted was a bit too thick and sweet. Not really a drain pour, but definitely a beer to share. I don't think I would be able to get through a whole bottle alone. We ended up mixing some with a Surly Overrated just for the heck of it. It turned out good.

There's quite a bit of variation year-to-year, and of course, age and storage conditions have a significant impact.

I like it a lot. I can see that it would not be worth a big hassle to get it in a trade, but since DLD is a blast and not far from here I'll go anytime i can and get as much beer while I'm there as possible.

I think there's a lot of confused hype between the event and the beer. The beer itself does not live up to the hype that the beer+event gets.

I'm also biased, i have 34 bottles of it. :drunk:

Dan I appreciated uou sending me one for sure and didn't want to come across as ungrateful.

To me it was like drinking thick soy sauce. I was having it solo so maybe splitting it a few ways would have changed my opinion.

There's quite a bit of variation year-to-year, and of course, age and storage conditions have a significant impact.

I like it a lot. I can see that it would not be worth a big hassle to get it in a trade, but since DLD is a blast and not far from here I'll go anytime i can and get as much beer while I'm there as possible.

I think there's a lot of confused hype between the event and the beer. The beer itself does not live up to the hype that the beer+event gets.

I'm also biased, i have 34 bottles of it. :drunk:

I'm sure the event is a blast. I wish I lived near FFF. I love that place!

Dan I appreciated uou sending me one for sure and didn't want to come across as ungrateful.

To me it was like drinking thick soy sauce. I was having it solo so maybe splitting it a few ways would have changed my opinion.

I didn't get that at all, no worries. Hopefully I didn't send a bad bottle though.

Crime was brutal. Drain pour. Maybe a tie with Dark Lord for my least favorite beer ever.

Crime is literally the only beer I can think of that I have drain poured.

I have one of those aging (so the heat diminishes enough.) I'm going to guess neither of you have tried Ghost Scorpion though - that one was murder.

I have one of those aging (so the heat diminishes enough.)

That's the only reason I still have one of those and a Punishment. My plan was to bring them to NHC if I go this year. That way I can force someone from Stone to drink them.

I'm going to guess neither of you have tried Ghost Scorpion though - that one was murder.
Nope. Had Ghost Face Killah and Crime (from the extreme pepper beers). Ghost is simply one dimensional. Crime is truly a crime for what they did to that beer. Somebody really pissed Greg Koch off that day I guess.

That's the only reason I still have one of those and a Punishment. My plan was to bring them to NHC if I go this year. That way I can force someone from Stone to drink them.

Haha! That would be awesome. You should video their reaction as they take a drink. :D

Monday bump with the new ones added.

Nthulu
BA Dark Lord
BA Behemoth
Peachfunker
Fou Foune
Any Side Project
BBA Mexican Cake
Board Meeting
Assassin
beaucop desay
Apricot bu
Remys pappy
Vanilla - Java eclipse

Feel free to send me a PM if you're close. Im huge into big BA stouts more than anything, but always love a good sour.

Nthulu
BA Dark Lord
BA Behemoth
Peachfunker
Fou Foune
Any Side Project
BBA Mexican Cake
Board Meeting
Assassin
beaucop desay
Apricot bu
Remys pappy
Vanilla - Java eclipse
HF- Art, Sue, any hoppy 2L growler
Mornin' Delight
Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout

Nthulu
BA Dark Lord
BA Behemoth
Peachfunker
Fou Foune
Any Side Project
BBA Mexican Cake
Board Meeting
Assassin
beaucop desay
Apricot bu
Remys pappy
Vanilla - Java eclipse
Mornin' Delight

Masterpiece Eclipse
BA Behemoth
'12,'13,'14 Grey Monday
Duck Duck Gooze
Momi Hiwa
Hunter Vanilla

I love Vanilla and coconut in my beers so if you have one on my list and know of a nice BA vanilla stout that I dont know of, feel free to PM me. No Rush:mug:

Masterpiece Eclipse
BA Behemoth
'12,'13,'14 Grey Monday
Duck Duck Gooze

I love Vanilla and coconut in my beers so if you have one on my list and know of a nice BA vanilla stout that I dont know of, feel free to PM me. No Rush:mug:

Check out Vanilla Hunter and maybe a Momi Hiwa. Momi may be tougher since it's older, but damned if that didn't taste like a boozed up Chik-O-Stick

I think I broke it! I wish i liked chili beers or else i would have several more add's. Help...

big MAW down!

MAW lists hang around for a while, have no doubts man, it will get done, its just a matter of time. Add things as you think of them if you want, but this is your time in the spot light :mug:

Nthulu
BA Dark Lord, Vanilla Bean Dark Lord
BA Behemoth
Peachfunker
Fou Foune
Any Side Project
BBA Mexican Cake
Board Meeting
Assassin
beaucop desay
Apricot bu
Remys pappy
Vanilla - Java eclipse
HF- Art, Sue, any hoppy 2L growler, BA Genealogy Of Morals, BA Damon
Mornin' Delight
Masterpiece, Pappy Van Winkle 20, Vanilla '13 Eclipse- fiftyfifty
BA Behemoth
'12,'13,'14 Grey Monday
Duck Duck Gooze
Momi Hiwa
Hunter Vanilla

Here's a couple more add's

BA Viet Coffee Speedway
BA Darkness
BA Sump
Nooner Batch 8
Churchills finest hour
Nut Smasher
West Ashley
Kiwi Herman

Waiting for boxes to land that you shipped is the absolute worst...especially with this cold. :(

I'm doing the same thing right now (not a MAW level box though). Supposed to be delivered in little rock today but hasn't updated since Memphis TN last night! I have no nails left

I'm doing the same thing right now (not a MAW level box though). Supposed to be delivered in little rock today but hasn't updated since Memphis TN last night! I have no nails left

I have a bunch of people I deal with who work out of Tupelo MS, they are all sent home, along with everything else essentially being closed due to snow and ice. You may be SOL on that box being delivered today, unless its a delivery person who has experience with the weather.

I have a bunch of people I deal with who work out of Tupelo MS, they are all sent home, along with everything else essentially being closed due to snow and ice. You may be SOL on that box being delivered today, unless its a delivery person who has experience with the weather.

A delay is better than a smashed box. I'll take it. Btw, we're talking about 1-2" of snow, right? SMH

Nthulu
BA Dark Lord
BA Behemoth
Peachfunker
Fou Foune
Any Side Project
BBA Mexican Cake
Board Meeting
Assassin
beaucop desay
Apricot bu
Remys pappy
Vanilla - Java eclipse
Mornin' Delight

Masterpiece Eclipse
BA Behemoth
'12,'13,'14 Grey Monday
Duck Duck Gooze
Momi Hiwa
Hunter Vanilla

BA Viet Coffee Speedway
BA Darkness
BA Sump
Nooner Batch 8
Churchills finest hour
Nut Smasher
West Ashley
Kiwi Herman

Bump

The duffman hooked it up! Thanks a ton! I got a pass on getting another beer box when I told her about the cupcake!!!!! Usually she's into the beer but being preggo it's a little different. View attachment 259236

I wanted to add a box of condoms with a note that said simply "6?" On it, but I wasn't sure if that would of been over the line or not lol. Glad it all arrived safe man. If you get a chance to ever sample the rum barrel coffee bloodlust, it's epic.

Nthulu
BA Dark Lord, Vanilla Bean Dark Lord
BA Behemoth
Peachfunker
Fou Foune
Any Side Project
BBA Mexican Cake
Board Meeting
Assassin
beaucop desay
Apricot bu
Remys pappy
Vanilla - Java eclipse
HF- Art, Sue, any hoppy 2L growler, BA Genealogy Of Morals, BA Damon
Mornin' Delight
Masterpiece, Pappy Van Winkle 20, Vanilla '13 Eclipse- fiftyfifty
BA Behemoth
'12,'13,'14 Grey Monday
Duck Duck Gooze
Momi Hiwa
Hunter Vanilla
BA Viet Coffee Speedway
BA Darkness
BA Sump
Nooner Batch 8
Churchills finest hour
Nut Smasher
West Ashley
Kiwi Herman

I might be able to do this, gotta check on if I can trade a buddy for a bottle first.

Back