Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2 cents, take it or leave it, Balcones Bomb is rare but as far as taste not MAW worthy. Its just not much if any better than regular bomb. And with Nocturn on your list I'd say Aurelian Lure and Atrial are way better and you may want to add them. Again take it for what it is, just some random opinion.

I think based on taste alone, regular Bomb! is MAW worthy. The mass availability is what makes it not MAW worthy to me. I think Bomb! and Speedway taste better than over 99.9% of the stouts that make it on people's MAW lists, including my own. And if the Balcones version is better, sign me up. I'm not trying to be combative, just offering up a different opinion but take my opinion with a grain of salt because Indy has actually tasted the beer in question and I haven't.

Pretty sure I killed the MAW but I'll keep adding:

HF- Art, Sue
HF- any 2L growler of something hoppy
DB Huna
Assassin any year
Life is Like
Rum Black Tuesday
BA Viet-Speedway
NEB- Growler of Imperial Stout Trooper or Fuzzy Baby Ducks
Darkness '11 or older
BA Abraxas
BA Moloko
BA Big Sound
DDG
Blue Bbls
Pre- GI Prop
Pre- GI Vanilla
West Ashley
Westly
Imperial Blud
Hunter Vanilla
any BA Mexican Cake
any Side Project
Veritas 014
Colour Five
Cask 200
Rum-Oil of Aphrodite
Wicked Weed Dark Arts
SARA Stenciled Pages
3 Bros. -Resolute- reg, vanilla, vanilla mole
14' Fou' Foune
Trace of Remy
Remy's Pappy
Conquistador de la muerte
Befuddlement
Aurelian Lure
BA Sexual Chocolate
Any BA Dark Lord
Nocturn Chrysalis

If you're close I'm open to suggestions. Especially if you can get a 2L HF growler of something.

Can't get HF, but I have a Nocturn and Parish Grand Reserve 2014 is released tomorrow at the brewery. ;)

Not much of a barley wine guy. Not trying to be super picky. I just haven't really ever had a barley wine I liked.

No worries. Your wish after all. What about imperial stouts? They're also doing the first release of their Imperial Reserve. Or Bruery Smokey and the Bois is MAW-worthy IMO. It'll get picked up at some point regardless. :)

For now.
Heady topper

DB Hanahpu

GI BCBS coffee, prop, other variants

BA Dark Lord

Rare Cantillion

Rare Cascade

RR Beautification

Duck duck gooze

Bruery chocolate rain, grey Monday, black Tuesday, mocha Wednesday

BA Sexual Chocolate

Black note 750

Jester king Atrial, Aurelian Lure

The heady thing is just because I have never been able to find it. I also want to be able to drink some things that I receive without wanting to put them in my basement for a while.

I've had everything from my previous lists ;). Ok, while i do some new research, i'll put a couple breweries i've been looking for.

Wicked weed any sour
Rare barrel any sour
TG assassin, mornin delight or kentucky brunch.
The Bruery m9, wineification or pretty much any hoarders sours i should preview for next year :)
I'll go work on a proper list to satisfy the savages.

Here's a start

Db huna
Prop 2.0 (pre)
Fou foune14
Art
West Ashley
Assassin
Morning delight
Vsb
Blueberry Flanders
v013
Westly
Fen tao
Will add more after work

Stomping Clover coming through big time.

The two surly brews I asked for and some incredible extras.

Side note.. I love when beers arrive chilled and ready to drink.

I will be taking down pseudo sue and possibly the barleywine tonight.

Thanks again for this!

View attachment 1416614008207.jpg

Stomping Clover coming through big time.

The two surly brews I asked for and some incredible extras.

Side note.. I love when beers arrive chilled and ready to drink.

I will be taking down pseudo sue and possibly the barleywine tonight.

Thanks again for this!

There will be home brew and a couple other treats when you get the abrasive box.

Damn, I could have granted the last two, but I don't check for a day and that's what happens.

BTW, I am too much of a chicken **** to agree on (pre) things just in the off chance I can't get it, but I'm hoping I'm loaded up on Prop by a week from now. Had a bunch of it at FoBAB and it was AMAZING!

Damn, I could have granted the last two, but I don't check for a day and that's what happens.

BTW, I am too much of a chicken **** to agree on (pre) things just in the off chance I can't get it, but I'm hoping I'm loaded up on Prop by a week from now. Had a bunch of it at FoBAB and it was AMAZING!

It was damn good!

Added some... and bump for prop release;)
Prop14 (this will count as one, biggest want of my list)
Db huna(counts as one)

Bcbvs14
Bramble
Cherry rye
Fou foune14
Lpf
Art
West Ashley
Assassin
Morning delight
Vsb
Blueberry Flanders