Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the VSB wasn't top of the list of wants. Trading up perhaps. In my opinion, once I send someone beer, it's their business what they do with it. When I GET beer, on the other hand, i'm drinking that shizznit.

Maybe the VSB wasn't top of the list of wants. Trading up perhaps. In my opinion, once I send someone beer, it's their business what they do with it. When I GET beer, on the other hand, i'm drinking that shizznit.

While I understand what you're saying. You also have to consider the intent that this thread was created for. I think an action such as this defies all that the thread was intended to accomplish.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

To me, if I get a special beer from a MAW or eMAW then I am drinking it. Maybe not right away, but it is for me. That's how I feel - and some trade beers even fall in that category as well.

Thus far I've been able to grant 2 MAWs, and received 1 very generous hit from beermeduffman, (2nd grant to be shipped soon), and I will never even consider trading away a MAW hit. Defeats the purpose, and shows disrespect towards the active members in this thread. Unfortunate for something like this to happen - especially over an $8 beer that is so sought after. Bummer.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

BOOM! Here's the list!

In order of wantiness:

The Rare Barrel - (any)

Jester King - Nocturn Chrysalis, Atrial Rubicite, Aurelian Lure, Cerveza de Tempranillo, Montmorency vs Balaton

The Alchemist - Petite Mutant, Focal Banger

The Bruery - Chocolate Rain, Mocha Wednesday, Grey Monday

Goose Island - Proprietors, Vanilla, Bramble

Hill Farmstead - Damon (Any)

Prarie - Pirate Bomb!

Allagash - Coolships (Any)

Russian River - Beatification, Framboise For A Cure

Crooked Stave - Wild Wild Brett Series (ROYGBIV)

New Glarus - R&D Very Sour Blackberry

Lost Abbey - Veritas (Any), Cable Car, Duck Duck Gooze

Pizza Port - Churchills Finest Hour (any)

Cigar City - Hunahpu

Perennial Artisan Ales - Barrel-Aged Abraxas

Three Floyds - Barrel Aged Dark Lord (any)

Westbrook - Mexican Cake (any)

Upland - Blackberry

Sunday morning bump

I think the generosity in this thread will always outweigh the selfishness.

After a long weekend I finally got the time to catch up on reading the MAW. While I can understand how what happened can leave a bad taste in people's mouths I have to agree with Mikey, on both points above. Once you gift someone beer its theirs to do as they wish with it, including trading it. While that's certainly not the intention of the MAW that's just the reality of it. We simply can't stop someone from doing as they wish once the beer is in their hands. But what we can do individually is make it a point to enjoy the gifts we've received as a way of appreciating the kindness bestowed upon us. I hope this isolated incident doesnt deter anyone from continuing the generosity of this thread. Keep in mind all the people in this thread that have been able to drink some legendary beers in thanks to others willingness to part with them. Going forward I hope this is what people remember when they choose to grant someone's MAW, not the bumps along the way. Don't let something like this potentially stop you from making someone's day because when it comes down to it, whoever gets to enjoy the spoils is doing so because of your generosity.

It's my birthday today if anyone is feeling generous...

My girlfriend and I made a pilgrimage to San Diego to visit all the San Diego breweries we love. It was a great trip.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394464936.597302.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394464977.167622.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394464991.057664.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394465003.267674.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394465020.631630.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394465032.515738.jpg

I have to say, i was blown away when i received my MAW. Not sure if i would be able to get a KBS without giving an arm and a leg in an ISO thread. I would be fine to see something ive sent in a MAW be passed on in another MAW grant, but trading it to the highest bidder isnt right. He didnt even know what it was when he first got it, and it was on his list. The fact that is seems to be the first of this problem, and that we have made it clear to others who may join up in the future that this isnt the spirit of the MAW is the silver lining here. Very thin lining, but there none the less.

My girlfriend and I made a pilgrimage to San Diego to visit all the San Diego breweries we love. It was a great trip.

I would be happy visiting one of those... ever!! Lucky :D I think I live in the wrong part of the country! Alesmith!!!

Sent from a happy little tree

I have to say, i was blown away when i received my MAW. Not sure if i would be able to get a KBS without giving an arm and a leg in an ISO thread. I would be fine to see something ive sent in a MAW be passed on in another MAW grant, but trading it to the highest bidder isnt right. He didnt even know what it was when he first got it, and it was on his list. The fact that is seems to be the first of this problem, and that we have made it clear to others who may join up in the future that this isnt the spirit of the MAW is the silver lining here. Very thin lining, but there none the less.

Maybe he didn't know what it was because no where on the bottle does it say VSB or very sour blackberry. It's actually R&D Sour Fruit. VSB I guess was a coined named for it through BA after reading New Glarus' description of the beer. Which said it tastes like very sour blackberries.
That's the only thing I can think of.

I would be happy visiting one of those... ever!! Lucky :D I think I live in the wrong part of the country! Alesmith!!!

Sent from a happy little tree

Fresh Speedway Stout was really good. We missed the draft release of the Jamaican Coffee version by a day though :(

Maybe he didn't know what it was because no where on the bottle does it say VSB or very sour blackberry. It's actually R&D Sour Fruit. VSB I guess was a coined named for it through BA after reading New Glarus' description of the beer. Which said it tastes like very sour blackberries.

That makes sense, I didnt realize it didnt have the name on it.

When it was released, their Facebook page if I remember right actually called it "very very sour blackberry". I'd bet that's where the name originated as what we call it today.

So you're YeastGeek, eh? My compliments to YG001. I loved it. :)

Happy Birthday, btw! :mug:

When it was released, their Facebook page if I remember right actually called it "very very sour blackberry". I'd bet that's where the name originated as what we call it today.

Yeah, there you go. I was close lol

I've got a MAW package coming in today! And here's a bump for the current list

BOOM! Here's the list!

In order of wantiness:

The Rare Barrel - (any)

Jester King - Nocturn Chrysalis, Atrial Rubicite, Aurelian Lure, Cerveza de Tempranillo, Montmorency vs Balaton

Prarie - Pirate Bomb!

Cigar City - Hunahpu

Upland - Blackberry

Jeremy got the point when I said I like stouts. Here's the list from the box that seemed would never end :D
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394574381.979527.jpg
2012 black note
Plead the fifth
10 fidy
Kuhnhenn 4d (2)
BCBBW
Thirsty dog Siberian night
Third coast
Blackout stout
Founders imperial stout (2)
Expedition stout
FFF Robert the Bruce

Awesome box (and second one he sent-thanks ups). Thanks so much man!

Jeremy (thisoneguy) really stepped up. He sent a package to me with a BBPt5 and Black Note (2 beers from my original list of ten) along with a dozen extras that got demolished by UPS d-bags. He then sent me another package that I posted above with another black note and some sweet extras.

This MAW cost him a fortune and I'm really happy with what I got. Just wanted to give him some props. Carry on.

Update

The Rare Barrel - (any bottle or growler)

Jester King - Nocturn Chrysalis, Atrial Rubicite, Aurelian Lure, Cerveza de Tempranillo, or Montmorency vs Balaton

Prarie - Pirate Bomb!

Cigar City - Hunahpu

Upland - Blackberry

Adds 3/11/2014:

The Bruery - Bottleworks XII

Nightshift - Sour Weisse Collection (any), Barrel Society (any)

De Gaarde - Any Keepers Club

Side Project - Brett Project, Brett Venture, Fuzzy, Pulling Nails or Saison Du Fermier

Toppling Goliath - Assassin, Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout, or Mornin' Delight

Jeremy (thisoneguy) really stepped up. He sent a package to me with a BBPt5 and Black Note (2 beers from my original list of ten) along with a dozen extras that got demolished by UPS d-bags. He then sent me another package that I posted above with another black note and some sweet extras.

This MAW cost him a fortune and I'm really happy with what I got. Just wanted to give him some props. Carry on.

Jeremy is definitely a class act. He took a big hit from UPS and didnt hesitate to step up to the plate to make up for their recklessness. I have a lot of respect for him making that MAW happen. Enjoy em!

You guys are gonna make me blush! It wasn't Bill's fault that he didn't get the first package I sent, and I wouldn't have felt right leaving him hanging. I was glad I at least had another Black Note and some decent extras to send.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Roger617 hooked me up with an awesome MAW. The extras alone are pretty awesome! Can't wait to try the Upland Lambics, haven't had any yet!
View attachment 185377

Enjoy! Perfect timing for the lambics, the unclaimed lottery winners were released to public last Saturday, so I was able to throw that Cherry on top!

Enjoy! Perfect timing for the lambics, the unclaimed lottery winners were released to public last Saturday, so I was able to throw that Cherry on top!

That is awesome. I really appreciate it!

Now I just have to land some whales with it on BA! (joke)

That is awesome. I really appreciate it!

Now I just have to land some whales with it on BA! (joke)

Haha I won't be offended if you do, actually be pretty proud! Little ol' Bloomington doesn't have a ton to offer in terms of trades for whales, if you snag one just keep me in mind in the future!

I think adding a few every couple days is good to keep the thread going. I'm sure the natives here are getting restless....

Latest posts

Back