Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here is the score in all its glory. Plus a vile of Conan yeast that is in my fridge.
Thanks again Xpertskir.

Glad everything got there safe and sound.

That's the 1st generation of Conan that i stepped up(on 8-26). It's probably about 80bn cells.

You would have got some topper too but your wish was granted a few days too late.

What year 120 is that? If you've never had a 120 with 2+ years on it you don't know what your missing. If that one isn't quite there yet I highly recommend laying it down for few years.

KeyWestBrewing said:
What year 120 is that? If you've never had a 120 with 2+ years on it you don't know what your missing. If that one isn't quite there yet I highly recommend laying it down for few years.

I guess Nuclearrich will like one of his extras then :)

Better yet find a few bottles per year and to a vertical tasting in a few years. I'm up three years so in 2015 that should be pretty interesting

Synaster said:
Oh. I will have to peek at the date on my 120s, I do think they might be close to that age.

Your in for a real treat!

Xpertskir said:
That is a 2012 120

About half way there then. That's kinda like fighting half the temptation right lol?

BeerMeDuffMan said:
Better yet find a few bottles per year and to a vertical tasting in a few years. I'm up three years so in 2015 that should be pretty interesting

I will be right there with ya. I try to buy 4 per release or 12 a year. After 3 years of doing it I have a pipeline built so I can drink about 3 aged per year and save some to try even further down the road. Once I figure out when they peak I'll know how long to lay em down before busting em out. Though what I can say so far is if they're under 2 years old then your robbing yourself by drinking them.
Same thing with SN Bigfoot. I had one from 2008 last week and the experience was heavenly to say the least.

image-597448648.jpg

skeezerpleezer said:
Here is the last "big" vertical I did

I wish I could do a vertical tasting like that. I've yet to even drink one of those lol. My day will come though.

Synaster said:
I actually have a little less then a case of Bigfoot 2007, cellar kept! I will have to crack one.

Its like drinking a sugar coated golden raisin. Amazing doesn't even come close.

Same thing with SN Bigfoot. I had one from 2008 last week and the experience was heavenly to say the least.

I won a 7 yr vertical starting 05 at a homebrew fest this year. I've drank the two oldest, but a friend has those and we'll be doing a 8 or 10 yr vert when we get together this fall. Winning them was great. Head brewer for new SN brewery in NC picked my beer and the Bigfoots were from his cellar I believe.

Here is the last "big" vertical I did

Were most of those past their prime? Had an older one earlier this year that wasnt very good.

Her is a starter list. I heard a rumor one is releasing Saturday.

Ba sexual chocolate

HF- Damon, mimosa, juicy, BoT, twilight,

Darkness (pre '12)

Cantillon- vig, fou foune, LP (any), st lam

CCB- life is like, huna (reg or ba)

Ithaca leblue, brute

CW-1414, 15

Bruery- chocolate rain, Black Tue, white chocolate ('12)

SARA- west ashley

3f- A&T, 4 seasons (any)

Toppling Goliath assassin, brunch, morning delight

Added a few

I set up a tasting for tonight with one of my brew buds for the brews that XpertSkir sent me.

Unfortunately, my wife just texted me saying something about having contractions...

Way to mess up my tasting night honey. J/K

I set up a tasting for tonight with one of my brew buds for the brews that XpertSkir sent me.

Unfortunately, my wife just texted me saying something about having contractions...

Way to mess up my tasting night honey. J/K

Take it with! You will need it.

Her is a starter list. I heard a rumor one is releasing Saturday.

Ba sexual chocolate

HF- Damon, mimosa, juicy, BoT, twilight,

Darkness (pre '12)

Cantillon- vig, fou foune, LP (any), st lam

CCB- life is like, huna (reg or ba)

Ithaca leblue, brute

CW-1414, 15

Bruery- chocolate rain, Black Tue, white chocolate ('12)

SARA- west ashley

3f- A&T, 4 seasons (any)

Toppling Goliath assassin, brunch, morning delight

Added a few

What are those 3f beers? I've had most 3floyds beers and can't decipher the acronym.

Or is it Drie F.?

Ah, I worked pretty hard trying to think about 3Floyds beers that could work with those acronyms to no avail.

In other news, NuclearRich blew up my office, pics will come later when I get the goodies home.

Hope you enjoy that saison (on top of everything else). If you're on untappd, check that baby in!

Hope you enjoy that saison (on top of everything else). If you're on untappd, check that baby in!

LOL...I was thinking...Ive never heard of that brewery..but sorachi ace saison makes sense and sounds good.

It took some quick googling to understand.

BTW, it's been a few years since I have received baggies of green plant material in the mail.

LOL...I was thinking...Ive never heard of that brewery..but sorachi ace saison makes sense and sounds good.

It took some quick googling to understand.

BTW, it's been a few years since I have received baggies of green plant material in the mail.

Dried green nugget?

Back