Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know someone who will have a bit of sunshine arriving via fedex today!

It's me! I'm like a kid on Christmas. I checked the tracking number about five times this morning until it said, on vehicle for delivery...now its just the waiting game. When will it arrive...its gotta show any minute now

TheMan said:
It's me! I'm like a kid on Christmas. I checked the tracking number about five times this morning until it said, on vehicle for delivery...now its just the waiting game. When will it arrive...its gotta show any minute now

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually get deliveries by 11-12...I am acquaintances with the drivers though so I think they see I have a package and purposely make me wait longer cause mine always show up later than that lol

I've got terrible and fantastic news. JJ absolutely took care of me. Thank you so much!!!

Sadly, the kbs did not make it. The box was super soggy. I am not sure why the guy even delivered it to be honest. I think this might be the first MAW fatality.

I DO NOT expect JJ to make up for it and send another. He was more than generous as it is.

However, if anyone has some kbs to trade, I'm all ears, lol. Although, none of the beer pictured above is for trade.

Thanks again, can't wait to grab another maw to pay it forward!

ForumRunner_20130521_141229.jpg

ForumRunner_20130521_141312.jpg

I've got terrible and fantastic news. JJ absolutely took care of me. Thank you so much!!!

Sadly, the kbs did not make it. The box was super soggy. I am not sure why the guy even delivered it to be honest. I think this might be the first MAW fatality.

I DO NOT expect JJ to make up for it and send another. He was more than generous as it is.

However, if anyone has some kbs to trade, I'm all ears, lol.

Too bad on KBS. I can't believe that more packages don't get broken. The delivery guys do not put any care when handling. They just toss it in the truck and toss it round at the warehouse. I think we all do an amazing job packaging though.

Yeah, I am guessing it happened relatively recent. As in, this morning or something. The bottom was soggy and it reeked. I can't see that getting too far in that condition.

TheMan said:

Bummer man. It's better that they didn't send it back though. You might be down a bottle of KBS which sucks :( but if they sent it back it would have meant hella extra bucks for your guy. The criteria for properly packaging glass for shipping companies is crazy, like 3" insulation between bottles and sides. Any less and it's your fault. I've luckily only had this happen once, and I'm sorry it happened to you. It looks like he took pretty good care of you though.

TheMan said:

That.
Sucks.

Did he look anything like this guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer man. It's better that they didn't send it back though. You might be down a bottle of KBS which sucks :( but if they sent it back it would have meant hella extra bucks for your guy. The criteria for properly packaging glass for shipping companies is crazy, like 3" insulation between bottles and sides. Any less and it's your fault. I've luckily only had this happen once, and I'm sorry it happened to you. It looks like he took pretty good care of you though.

Yeah, I remember your broken box, it couldnt have been fun. I am happy they delivered it regardless and very happy with what I got. This is why I told jj not to even worry about it.

TheMan said:

That's a shame.
Now, that heightens my anxiety for any future trades I ship. I would consider my packaging over the top. And I think they would have to drive over the package to break anything, but I still worry up until I get verification from the recipient that everything made it okay.
Looks like you have some great beer that survived though.

That's a shame.
Now, that heightens my anxiety for any future trades I ship. I would consider my packaging over the top. And I think they would have to drive over the package to break anything, but I still worry up until I get verification from the recipient that everything made it okay.
Looks like you have some great beer that survived though.

You're packaging is way over the top. Speaking of which, that sour porter I sent has gone south in the bottle. All the roast has turned into water it seems. If I ever get of my backside, pack beers, and make it to feded, I'll send ya some better sours.

You're packaging is way over the top. Speaking of which, that sour porter I sent has gone south in the bottle. All the roast has turned into water it seems. If I ever get of my backside, pack beers, and make it to feded, I'll send ya some better sours.

Haha it really is, so is AllenH's. But you cant go wrong with over the top packaging.

TNGabe said:

Now that you mention it, I think I'm going to open it and taste it. And I'll accept any homebrew your willing to send. I enjoyed all that you sent and it looks like you've been making some interesting stuff lately.

Ok, here is my list:

Hair of the Dog Adam from the Wood
Hair of the Dog Fred from the Wood
Hair of the Dog Flanders Fred
Russian River Framboise for the Cure
Russian River Beatification
Russian River Temptation
Russian River Sanctification
Allagash Gargamel
Allagash Vagabond
Allagash Coolship (any)

I'll count on all of you to let me know if this is easy, ridiculous, or somewhere in between.

Thanks!

bump I believe this is the newest list

mewithstewpid said:
Is it good? I keep seeing it on the shelves but always pass on it

Can't specifically say about the centennial red, but I though their Brewmaster Series Coffee Stout was solid! I'd try the red if I saw it!

coldcrash said:
Ok, here is my list:

Russian River Temptation
Allagash Gargamel
Allagash Vagabond
Allagash Coolship (any)

I'll count on all of you to let me know if this is easy, ridiculous, or somewhere in between.

Thanks!

Bumping this since I can finally participate! Just not on this MAW sorry coldcrash

coldcrash said:
Ok, here is my list:

Russian River Temptation
Allagash Gargamel
Allagash Vagabond
Allagash Coolship (any)

Thanks!

Nobody's touched this. Must not be as doable as I'd hoped.

Guess I'll have to do a little soul searching and add a few more.

mewithstewpid said:
i just have not had a long trail yet that wow'd me

They are right up there for me as a brewery. Long trail has been doing its thing for quite sometime. I've yet to have one of their brews that I wasn't a fan of.

They are right up there for me as a brewery. Long trail has been doing its thing for quite sometime. I've yet to have one of their brews that I wasn't a fan of.

ill give em a go again i guess. i have only had the long trail ale, pale ale, ipa, and blackberry wheat (awful in my opinion, and i love fruit beers). oh and hibernator.

mewithstewpid said:
ill give em a go again i guess. i have only had the long trail ale, pale ale, ipa, and blackberry wheat (awful in my opinion, and i love fruit beers). oh and hibernator.

Blackbeary wheat was the first wheat beer I think I ever had. Personally I love it. Even the double and triple bag are good IMO

Updated list:

Ok, here is my list:

Russian River Temptation
Allagash Gargamel
Allagash Vagabond
Allagash Coolship (any)

Cigar City Hunahpu's
Surly Darkness
Three Floyds Dark Lord
Upland--any sour
Captain Lawrence--any sour

Thanks!

Xpertskir said:
I would claim this but I'm on vacation for 5 more days. I doubt it's still around, but if it is ill take care of you.

If you were to claim it today, I'm more than happy to wait a few days if you can't ship immediately.

I'm just getting igotsand's package shipped today.

Otherwise, I'll add to the list tonight. I think I've held up the wheels of progress long enough.

Back