Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isnt it a little counter productive to invite people who continue to grant these list to grant them again? Im sure there are plenty of members watching this thread who have worthy beers that dont show up on lists and therefore havent got a chance to join the group yet. Not trying to call you out Big Mike as you have been an incredible and more than generous contributor to his group, but at the same time I cant see your logic is asking the same people to grant you another MAW box. Maybe its just me, but I would rather someone new that has one off the list be able to grant instead of someone I have already traded with. Just my opinion and I really dont mean to ruffle any feathers, just needed to put my 2 cents in.

Isnt it a little counter productive to invite people who continue to grant these list to grant them again? Im sure there are plenty of members watching this thread who have worthy beers that dont show up on lists and therefore havent got a chance to join the group yet. Not trying to call you out Big Mike as you have been an incredible and more than generous contributor to his group, but at the same time I cant see your logic is asking the same people to grant you another MAW box. Maybe its just me, but I would rather someone new that has one off the list be able to grant instead of someone I have already traded with. Just my opinion and I really dont mean to ruffle any feathers, just needed to put my 2 cents in.

I interpreted his statement along the lines of "if you've granted or traded with me before, I'll trust you to grant with things that aren't on my list, but if you're new to the thread, i'd want you to grant from the list so I can be sure I'm not going to get hosed."

I'll agree though, some new participants around here would be good.

I interpreted his statement along the lines of "if you've granted or traded with me before, I'll trust you to grant with things that aren't on my list, but if you're new to the thread, i'd want you to grant from the list so I can be sure I'm not going to get hosed."

I'll agree though, some new participants around here would be good.

That's understandable. I certainly wouldnt want to give up rare and expensive beers just to not have that reciprocated.

Yeah it was meant as more of an appreciation for guys that have sent me boxes before as I've been happy with all of them so I trust their judgement.

I'm also all for new guys/gals getting in on the action and I'm always open to ideas.

Cheers.

Added some more

Bcbs Rare (would love to crack this open when baby #5 gets here)

CBS Growler/Howler

14 Prop

HF-Ann, Sue, Art, BA everett, aaron

Fou, St Lam, Vig

Any Ba Huna, reg huna

2010 BCBS Vanilla

Mbcp

Any side project

Veritas 13,14, 15

Pizza boy peachfunker or 12/6/14 sours

Kiwi Herman

ADWTD

Ba Dark Star

VSP

14 BCBS Vanilla

SITR Peaches, Wanderer

Any Antead

Casey Fruit Stand

Ba Abraxas

Degarde Lucy or any peach fruited beer.

Le grzzz

Wicked Weed Dark Arts

Ba Monstro

Four Roses Mexican Cake

JD Mexican Cake

Pappy Board Meeting

Rare Barrel Home, Sour Home

Tired Hands -You are the Emptiness, Hand farm 5

Fantasia

09 BCBS Bomber, 2010/2011 reg 12oz

Fen Tao

14 Darkness

Alchemist luscious

Would really love some Cantillon.

As always I'm flexible. If you've got some good stuff to send and you've granted one of mine before hit me up and maybe we can work something out.

I can't remember the last time I had one on anyone's list. Boooooooooo! I blame my cellar for being so lame!

Well crap, wasn't expecting to grant this lol. Short list for now, but ill expand as I remember my wants
Vanilla bcbs
Prop, 13 or 14
Chocolate rain
Rum barrel BT
Mocha wednesday
Barrel aged huna (Any)
BA Mexican cake
Kopi speedway
Blue mountain barrel speedway

You know, all the stouts that nobody has any of lol

And now for the random stuff that sounds intriguing:
Madeira or cognac barrel aged Igors Dream
MBCP
Beer Geek Speedway
Vietnamese Speedway
BA Sump
Coffee Cinnamon B-Bomb
Assassin
Coconut Eclipse
Vanilla Coffee Eclipse
Spanish Rum Eclipse

I'll add more this afternoon

I can't remember the last time I had one on anyone's list. Boooooooooo! I blame my cellar for being so lame!

I think the last time I actually had one from a list was the last time Jester King MvB was on a list. Last time I had two....never? :p

I'm also willing to entertain offers. I feel like I often short change myself by thinking of lists

I could come up with an offer, but then i'd just post a list of the same sours and stouts that nobody has.

I'm also the type that isn't willing to grant with the only bottle of a beer that I have. What I really need is a good MAW worthy bottle share. I have plenty of stuff to get myself and my wife in. :) (Most MAW worthy bottles she'd be jealous if I opened when she wasn't around.)

Well crap, wasn't expecting to grant this lol. Short list for now, but ill expand as I remember my wants
Vanilla bcbs
Prop, 13 or 14
Chocolate rain
Rum barrel BT
Mocha wednesday
Barrel aged huna (Any)
BA Mexican cake
Kopi speedway

MBCP
Beer Geek Speedway
Sump
Coffee Cinnamon B-Bomb
Assassin
Coconut Eclipse
Vanilla Coffee Eclipse
Spanish Rum Eclipse

Adds above. Can anybody think of any epic BA Coffee stouts I may be missing?

Short list for now, but ill expand as I remember my wants
Vanilla bcbs
Prop, 13 or 14
Chocolate rain
Rum barrel BT
Mocha wednesday
Barrel aged huna (Any)
BA Mexican cake
Kopi speedway

MBCP
Beer Geek Speedway
Vietnamese Speedway
BA Sump
Coffee Cinnamon B-Bomb
Assassin
Coconut Eclipse
Vanilla Coffee Eclipse
Spanish Rum Eclipse

I'll add more this afternoon

Jamaican Rum Barrel w/coffee and cocoa BloodLust (received with my last grant, this was awesome)
Rum Barrel Zhukov
Cherry Rye
BA Sexual Chocolate
A Deal with the Devil
Abraxas (BA/Non-BA)
4 Hands Vol 1 or Madagascar
GI Nthulhu or Cthulhu
Remy's Pappy
Modern Times City of the Dead
Pugachev Mocha (this is probably just absurd)

I think I'll let this ride out for at least the weekend.

I was in Seattle last weekend and passed on that b-bomb, I guess I should have picked a couple up.

I have Mocha Wednesday. I should be getting Chocolate Rain next month so hopefully a list like this comes out next month! Dont make Beerduffman wait that long, someone grab this!

I have Mocha Wednesday. I should be getting Chocolate Rain next month so hopefully a list like this comes out next month! Dont make Beerduffman wait that long, someone grab this!

CR is on a bunch of lists, I'm surprised we don't see Mocha wednesday more often, too.

I would grant, but one on his list is already going to him for a trade. No point screwing this fine fellow out of beer.

CR is on a bunch of lists, I'm surprised we don't see Mocha wednesday more often, too.
That was one of my next adds if my last list hadn't been picked up. I also wonder why Smokey and the Bois has never showed up. I wonder if no one has heard of it outside of Rare Beer Club and Society members.

That was one of my next adds if my last list hadn't been picked up. I also wonder why Smokey and the Bois has never showed up. I wonder if no one has heard of it outside of Rare Beer Club and Society members.

S&B may be on a very near updated list for me I think. It certainly did sound interesting.

I would grant, but one on his list is already going to him for a trade. No point screwing this fine fellow out of beer.

I dunno about fine lol. The last fine I had anything to do with was a speeding ticket coming home after Thanksgiving up at Great Wolf Lodge. Was going FAR too fast, trying to get home to secure some BCBS lol

Thank you so much @TobyG ! Some of these stouts will come in handy with this weekend's frigid temps! I have to say that I'm most interested in the homebrew! :mug:
View attachment 256131
View attachment 256132

I know I said it before, but please thank your wife for the double dispensation. They are already aged, correct?

lol...yeah, already passed on your thanks twice. They are already aged. That batch was brewed April 13th last year (her birthday is in April, so I brew it every year around then). For me, it hits its peak between 6-12 months (where it's at right now), but I had a couple bottles of the previous batch at 16 and either 18 or 19 months at a couple release events and it was still excellent.

Sitting at work, drinking a beer and reading about beer that I want/should add to the list.
Added 4 Hands Vol1 or Madagascar, Modern Times City of the Dead and Remy's Pappy to the list lol

Latest posts

Back