Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was prob 4-5 months ago. I blew it off and didn't make a big deal out of it, nor did I ask to send anything back. Had it been on another site like BA I probably would have.

That said, had the prop I sent broke, and then I sent more prop to other people, I wouldn't expect that person to be completely ok with it.

Either way, it's over now and I was able to get to try the beer anyway (thanks Javier!)

It was pretty damn delicious! You have to let me know when you'll be in CO again!

It was pretty damn delicious! You have to let me know when you'll be in CO again!

Will be in the next 4-5 weeks, not for sure when because the schedule is crazy right now. A long lost friend of yours is coming also. You haven't met him/her. The name is Chocolate Rain.

JJ, for your reference:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407493176.774582.jpg
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA[/ame]

After the interruption....

The Bruery - Chocolate Rain, Grey Monday, Mocha Wednesday
Side Project- Any
Upright - Any Sours
Upland - Any Sours
Perennials - BA Abraxes
Toppling Goliath - Morning Delight, Assassin, KBBS
Cantillon - Any Lou Pepe, Blabaer, 50N4W
Alesmith- any BA
Alpine- Great,
Any Pappy Van Whinkle BA beers
Dark Horse- Barrel aged PT5
De Dolle - Reserva (stile nicht), Dirty horse.
De Struise - Any Damnation
Jackie O's: Token of Our Extreme, Dynamo Hum, Rum Barrel Oil of Aphrodite, Chunga
Firestone Walker: Krieky Bones, Bretta Rose, PNC, Feral One anny `10-15, 17
Cycle: RareR Dos
SARA- any
Lost Abbey - Duck Duck Geuze, Cable Car
Crooked Stave- Persia, Batch #1
Russian - Beatification, Frambroise for a cure
kuhnhenn - any mead/eisbock/BA
evil twin - any BA

new in bold

Haha! Never thought I would say this, but I can't wait for that chocolate rain!
According to google maps, I am 2 hours from fort carson.

Side Project- Any
Upright - Any Sours
Upland - Any Sours
Perennials - BA Abraxes
Alesmith- any BA
Alpine- Great,
Jackie O's: Token of Our Extreme, Dynamo Hum, Rum Barrel Oil of Aphrodite, Chunga
SARA- any
evil twin - any BA
New glarus - R&D wild peach gueze
new in bold

New Glarus just released another R & D beer today. It is a wild peach gueuze. I wonder how long until that hits the MAW lists.

Sent from my carboy.

right now :D

I think everyone is iso but people are asking the same a vsb is trading for. I think its double or triple the amount of bottles.

Also this list is very do-able. I could grant with a few of the adds but think you should get one of your original requests included.

They're selling 1500 a day this weekend for 4500 total. I'm sure that this craziness pre-trading will come to a more realistic level after the weekend.

VSP is an insta whale. If people are landing 2 for an hommage I would probably do it. Look what VSB lands now!
That's what everyone is hoping for, hence why I haven't seen any trades be completed, but...
They're selling 1500 a day this weekend for 4500 total. I'm sure that this craziness pre-trading will come to a more realistic level after the weekend.
^^^

I've had someone offer the Hommage for both of mine, also had someone offer St. Lam for 1+. Not sure what to do, but I'd need to make that decision soon.

That's what everyone is hoping for, hence why I haven't seen any trades be completed, but...

^^^

I've had someone offer the Hommage for both of mine, also had someone offer St. Lam for 1+. Not sure what to do, but I'd need to make that decision soon.

I don't think you can go wrong with Hommage. I've heard it is amazing. I'm sure VSP is really good as well though.

Sent from the Bat Cave

I've thought about offering a hommage for 2 VSP but don't think it would get right now. Two weeks I think it would be done quickly. Can't go wrong drinking either.

Now someone send DC some delicious stuff!

Got my allotment this morning. I was ticket number 743 out of 750. Just made it. People were running to get the last few.
BTW... I did MAW a VSB a few months ago. So this one MAY be one to keep for a future MAW grant.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407541858.103410.jpg

Sent from my carboy.

You going? Do you just need to show up early to get it?

Yup. Just show up early. I was there about 8:30 this morning and just barely made it. I can imagine tomorrow morning will be even more. Very well ran though. Dan Carey was even autographing bottles if you asked him. Very cool.

Sent from my carboy.

Yup. Just show up early. I was there about 8:30 this morning and just barely made it. I can imagine tomorrow morning will be even more. Very well ran though. Dan Carey was even autographing bottles if you asked him. Very cool.

Hmm... Google Maps says 2 hours 17 minutes in the car, so i'd have to leave home before 6...

You going? Do you just need to show up early to get it?
Yep.

Sent from my carboy.
I got there a little after 830 and got #517, interesting. Also, I talked to Dan and another employee and they both said they expect tomorrow to be the slowest day and to still be handing out tickets around 10 when sales start... They think the Taste will put a big damper on it.

I'm going tomorrow, but gotta pick up my buddy in Lisle, then drop my daughter off at my parents in Plano, so I won't be going North at all till I'm way West. Had I been going like I did today, I'd have no problem carpooling, but I went straight there

Yep.

I got there a little after 830 and got #517, interesting. Also, I talked to Dan and another employee and they both said they expect tomorrow to be the slowest day and to still be handing out tickets around 10 when sales start... They think the Taste will put a big damper on it.

Maybe I was closer to 9:00 ish.

Sent from my carboy.

If anyone wants to trade a bottle of vsp and you aren't going crazy with whales for an ISO, I'd be happy to try and work something out. Maybe even a promise of the new Jester King peach sour and Aurelian kure when they are re-released.

If anyone wants to trade a bottle of vsp and you aren't going crazy with whales for an ISO, I'd be happy to try and work something out. Maybe even a promise of the new Jester King peach sour and Aurelian kure when they are re-released.

I'll get at you when things die down if I have more than 2 left. Right now I have:
1. Bottle of St. Lam for 1:1
2. Bottle of Fou 1+:1
3. Maybe a bottle of 12 or 13 Cable Car 1:1
4. Maybe a bottle of Alpine Great 1:1

People are nuts right now

I'll get at you when things die down if I have more than 2 left. Right now I have:

I am assuming you haven't tried it and don't know if it lives up to the vsb hype.

Thinking I'm going to go tomorrow. Pm incoming.

I haven't tried it but that's just because I had to rush back today for work and I couldn't get any in the fridge until after 7pm. I was going to have one sometime this weekend though. Bringing a bunch of bottles tomorrow to share because I couldn't indulge today because I had to go to work after :/

Side Project- Any

Upright - Any Sours

Upland - Any Sours

Perennials - BA Abraxes

Alesmith- any BA

Alpine- Great,

SARA- any

evil twin - any BA

new in bold

Current list.

Edit: not sure why the peachy NG didn't hit but obvi...

Good guy DC. Somebody hook it up!

Originally Posted by DisturbdChemist View Post

Side Project- Any
Upright - Any Sours
Upland - Any Sours
Perennials - BA Abraxes
Alesmith- any BA
Alpine- Great,
SARA- any
evil twin - any BA

new in bold

right now :D

He did

Thanks man, I'd appreciate it. Those offers are all crazy awesome but vsb went for a lot more and you can probably get more if you try to maximize value right now. I think in a month when people realize how much of this was made trade value is going to plummet.

I wouldn't even bother trying (mostly because I wouldn't ever have what it takes to land one)

This is the current list correct?

Side Project- Any
Upright - Any Sours
Upland - Any Sours
Perennials - BA Abraxes
Alesmith- any BA
Alpine- Great,
SARA- any
evil twin - any BA
new in bold

This is the current list correct?

Side Project- Any
Upright - Any Sours
Upland - Any Sours
Perennials - BA Abraxes
Alesmith- any BA
Alpine- Great,
SARA- any
evil twin - any BA
new in bold

Aye moi capy-tan

Not to jack the thread, but anyone who can send a fresh heady please PM me. I need to make 4 batches of beer for my stepfathers surprise birthday party and one of his favorites is my conan pale ale. I accidentally put my brett stir bar into my last conan starter and it got infected. I would need it in a week or two is possible. Let me know and i can make it worth your while. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back