Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really have thought about just saying send me a bomb box of your favorite local IPAs and stouts or whatever and just see what arrives.

With how awesome guys are in general here I doubt anyone would try and get over by sending a few turds then trying to land whales....hmmmm

I can say I probably would pass on granting that. You should get at least one beer you want... I would be paranoid I'd be sending a bunch of crap you already had...

Adding...pretty much any beer aged in Pappy Barrels (stouts) as well as BA Ten Fidy (growler?) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM ME IF YOUR CLOSE!!!!

Here we go again.....maybe a day like yesterday with 3 grants is in the cards???

Again if you're on the fence with some of these please pm me. I'm open to ideas. Took one or two away and added a few new ones.

Rare*

Prop

Bcbvs

FW 13 or earlier

Pappy Remy

Pappy Eclipse

Pappy Black Magick

CFH

Any BA Huna

CBS

Any utopia (lol)*

Any Ba Dark Lord* (not moscatel)

08 or 14 dark lord

Murd'd Out

KBBS*

Assassin*

Mornin Delight*

Db Damon*

Ba Damon

Ba Everett

Beyond good and evil

any Madness and Civ

JD Mexican Cake

750ml Black Note

Ba 9k

*=any of the brews with this after if be happy with just that one from the list and whatever else you wanted to add.

Cheers!!!!....again

So...if you've got one or if you're up to hooking a brother up here's what I'll add...I know it might be more eMaw-ish but I'll trust the boys here to make me piss myself a little when I get a box. Maybe the girls too.

Loving surly...abrasive or whatever. Never had darkness.

Would love a black note.

Have a 22oz ba blackout? Cool.

Fresh Alpine? Lost Abbey deliciousness? Idk.

Please take a look at seek a brew if you want to hop on it and try not to send me anything I can get locally.

If you've got access to something ba and limited on draft or whatever I'll get a growler back to you at some point from a local joint.

If you go this route please shoot me a pm with you're area so I can let you know a few things I've already had from your area.

I'm obviously flexible....maybe even add some bourbon maple syrup? Ha

And I don't mean to come across as greedy... Just trying too move things along and getting ducks (had to sub the u for an I there twice)....

I really have thought about just saying send me a bomb box of your favorite local IPAs and stouts or whatever and just see what arrives.

With how awesome guys are in general here I doubt anyone would try and get over by sending a few turds then trying to land whales....hmmmm
You certainly could get some pleasant surprises that way and even some local whales you've never heard of. If I didn't have an eMAW and a swap in the works I'd be sending a PM about goodies from Washington. Anybody else out West still up?

I can't believe this hasn't been picked up yet. I am afraid I don't have the ammo to do this, but if it isn't picked up by tomorrow I might just have to raid my closet.

Would really love another prop. If anyone has one and can send a variety of locals or decent IPAs, stouts, etc. please get at me. Thanks.

The list is tough. A lot of wishes in there. Hoping someone has maybe one and then can hook me up. I wouldn't have offered the option if I didn't have confidence in the good folks here.

Anyone on the fence here???? Probably not going to add for a while.

Two members ever split a grant and a list???

Anyone on the fence here???? Probably not going to add for a while.

Two members ever split a grant and a list???

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if no one has something to grant its pretty much the expectation to add fairly regularly. I think you are def doing the right thing opening it up, but I think most of us see your list and assume even sending what we consider an awesome box might not live up to your hopes. I'm sure someone will step up soon though. I really wish I had the ammo to hook you up.

I hear ya...been up since yesterday and I've added a few and the options I listed. Think that's enough for a few days. If it sits I'll add a few more for the weekend.

FWIW, I think the reason he's not going to add anything for a while is because he's going to be busy with more important things than HBT for a bit.

BTW good luck! I hope everything goes really well, and really quick. :)

Bigmike99's list had a fair amount of shorthand and abbreviations. I wonder if that made it challenging for too many people to parse? I found it challenging to discern what was desired. It might be worth taking the time to write out full[er] brewery and beer names. Glad Mikeysab was able to grant. Let's see a list.

Bigmike99's list had a fair amount of shorthand and abbreviations. I wonder if that made it challenging for too many people to parse? I found it challenging to discern what was desired. It might be worth taking the time to write out full[er] brewery and beer names. Glad Mikeysab was able to grant. Let's see a list.

Do you even beer bro?

I don't think the problem is not knowing the abbreviations. People who had the beer, knew the abbreviations. If someone didn't know the abbreviations, then they didn't have the beers. It was a tough list, thats all.

Since Bigmike accepted my grant without me having one beer from his list, i'd feel funny putting a list up. So if you have MAW worthy beer sitting around that youre dying to send out to someone, i'll take it. Please don't take this softball as an opportunity to send out crap and put up a list of super whalez. My only requirement is no ipa. I like non farmhouse sours and RIS. A barrel aged DL would be a nice surprise.

Unfortunately those abbreviations are just part of the trading scene. Not gonna get away from it, especially when you have people trading beer like it's the NYSE.

This forum has remained free of it for a long time but lately you see more and more of it, especially in this thread.

It's funny that when this thread was started about a year ago, people chimed in saying it would quickly turn into a whale hunt and mocked the obscure abbreviations used on other sites.

It's just beer, and if I see an abbreviation I don't recognize, I just assume I don't have it and don't need it. And Mike is right; anyone who had one of those beers would probably recognize the abbreviations used.

Cheers

Since Bigmike accepted my grant without me having one beer from his list, i'd feel funny putting a list up. So if you have MAW worthy beer sitting around that youre dying to send out to someone, i'll take it. Please don't take this softball as an opportunity to send out crap and put up a list of super whalez. My only requirement is no ipa. I like non farmhouse sours and RIS. A barrel aged DL would be a nice surprise.

And bump. Apparently a list went up while I was busy rambling on and on.

Somebody can grant the **** outta this...

I really wish I had what I could consider MAW-worthy beers. You've been so generous, Peter, that I would love to get in on this.

Just a dumb question, is The Bruery White Chocolate a "whale" beer? Don't laugh that I ask. Also, what about Mother Earth Silent Night. It was sold to me on a whim and called "trade bait" but I feel it doesn't hit a wide enough audience to really be that. Here is a little info on it.
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/21193/63899/

I'm clearly asking to see if I have trade-worthy stuff.

I also have a 2011 Blaecorn Unidragon from Clown Shoes. Not even sure if it is too aged...if that is possible or if anyone would care about it.

Sorry for the ramble.

Check this out. I will grant this, and the emaw and the bmaw all today.

Edit....dang. I got beat out while posting on the other 2...oh well.

Back