Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF I had a list typed out and then my browser crashed.

I am looking for excellent, world-class beers from breweries I've never had a chance to try. I guess it may be the weather, but I'm not really in the mood for huge, bombastic stouts or for that matter, beers like Utopias, besides which I've pretty much already tried all of them already, with the notable exception below

Here's a list of breweries that I have heard great things about but have yet to get an opportunity to try:

Voodoo -- Black Magic aged in Pappy barrels, Tenacious Wee, K13
Hill Farmstead -- Any of their (fresh!) IPA/IIPAs, or Saisons. I have never had anything from them, so use your best judgement. I would very much like to try Abner to see what all the fuss is about.
Lawsons
Grassroots
Long Trail
Any excellent VT meadery
Kuhnhenn
Jester King
New Glarus
Toppling Goliath
Cascade
Maine Beer Company
Minnesota Town Hall -- I did try Czar Jack one time but can barely remember it.
Odell IPA -- probably not too hard to get, but never had it

That's all I can think of right now.

I hear a ticking bomb coming your way. I'm going to let someone else do you right, I could do it but not enough ammo to do it right at this moment.

WTF I had a list typed out and then my browser crashed.

I am looking for excellent, world-class beers from breweries I've never had a chance to try. I guess it may be the weather, but I'm not really in the mood for huge, bombastic stouts or for that matter, beers like Utopias, besides which I've pretty much already tried all of them already, with the notable exception below

Here's a list of breweries that I have heard great things about but have yet to get an opportunity to try:

Voodoo -- Black Magic aged in Pappy barrels, Tenacious Wee, K13
Hill Farmstead -- Any of their (fresh!) IPA/IIPAs, or Saisons. I have never had anything from them, so use your best judgement. I would very much like to try Abner to see what all the fuss is about.
Lawsons
Grassroots
Long Trail
Any excellent VT meadery
Kuhnhenn
Jester King
New Glarus
Toppling Goliath
Cascade
Maine Beer Company
Minnesota Town Hall -- I did try Czar Jack one time but can barely remember it.
Odell IPA -- probably not too hard to get, but never had it

That's all I can think of right now.

Tick Tick

Would the universe explode if I granted wierdboy MAW? He was busy shipping my eMAW today. There's a couple of his wishes sitting on a shelf nearby and plenty of tasty Washington beer that doesn't have distribution his way.

Edit: Nevermind

Here we go!!! Please don't be intimidated ;)

3F - Any season

Alpine - Chez Monus

Bruery - chocolate rain, wineification, mocha Wednesday, sour in the rye peaches, grey Monday

Cantillion - Lou pepe Gueze, Lou Pepe Kreik, 50n4e

Cigar City - Life is like, Leon

Fifty-Fifty - Pappy Eclipse

Lost Abbey - Cable Car, Cable Car Kriek, Duck Duck Gooze, Veritas (any year)

Narke - Stormaktsporter or variants

S.A.R.A - West Ashley

Side Project - Fuzzy, Pulling Nails

Three Floyds - 14' DL or any BA variant

Westbrook - Any BA Mexican cake or any Siberian black magic panther

That would probably be a record...and actually replace some of the beers I'm gonna drink in the next week...
List upcoming. Might look familiar.

Prop

Rare*

Bcbvs

FW 13 or earlier

Pappy Remy

Pappy Black Magick

CFH

DB* or Cali Huna

CBS

Any utopia (lol)*

Any Ba Dark Lord* (not moscatel)

08 or 14 dark lord

Murd'd Out

KBBS*

Assassin*

Mornin Delight*

Db Damon*

Ba Damon

Ba Everett

Beyond good and evil

JD Mexican Cake

*=any of the brews with this after if be happy with just that one from the list and whatever else you wanted to add.

Cheers!!!!....again

Holy crap what happened today? I feel like I looked away for 2 seconds and bombs are all of a sudden en route. Awesome!

I was also at DLD, mid way through Group C, and scored a vanilla! Of the people I was bottle sharing with (20+), only 4 variants were won. I've never had it, so even with all the sick trade offers I'm holding strong to make it my birthday brew. BTW, one guy won the Earl and opened it - quite possibly the best beer of my life.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Here we go again.....maybe a day like yesterday with 3 grants is in the cards???
Again if you're on the fence with some of these please pm me. I'm open to ideas. Took one or two away and added a few new ones.

Rare*
Prop
Bcbvs

FW 13 or earlier

Pappy Remy

Pappy Black Magick

CFH

Any BA Huna

CBS

Any utopia (lol)*

08 or 14 dark lord
Murd'd Out

KBBS*
Assassin*
Mornin Delight*

Db Damon*
Ba Damon
Ba Everett
Beyond good and evil
any Madness and Civ

JD Mexican Cake

750ml Black Note
Ba 9k

*=any of the brews with this after if be happy with just that one from the list and whatever else you wanted to add.

Cheers!!!!....again

So, judging by the context of the gif, you were in a contest to not fondle yourself over a maw list, but this current list was just too much and you couldn't hold out any longer? Sicko! :p

You got that from that? Sicko :p

I was merely expressing the fact that I have nothing on this list. And the gif will convey the proper tone of frustration and self annoyance since anyone who has seen this episode will surely hear those words uttered by Kramer as they view the gif.

Of course now you've made it dirty and also ruined it by making me explain it. Thanks. :(

I was merely expressing the fact that I have nothing on this list. And the gif will convey the proper tone of frustration and self annoyance since anyone who has seen this episode will surely hear those words uttered by Kramer as they view the gif.

Of course now you've made it dirty and also ruined it by making me explain it. Thanks. :(

I still stand behind my interpretation. ;)

Wait... am I missing your internet sarcasm (easy for me to do)? Please tell me you know why Kramer utters his defeat

Adding...pretty much any beer aged in Pappy Barrels (stouts) as well as BA Ten Fidy (growler?) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM ME IF YOUR CLOSE!!!!

Here we go again.....maybe a day like yesterday with 3 grants is in the cards???

Again if you're on the fence with some of these please pm me. I'm open to ideas. Took one or two away and added a few new ones.

Rare*

Prop

Bcbvs

FW 13 or earlier

Pappy Remy

Pappy Eclipse

Pappy Black Magick

CFH

Any BA Huna

CBS

Any utopia (lol)*

08 or 14 dark lord

Murd'd Out

KBBS*

Assassin*

Mornin Delight*

Db Damon*

Ba Damon

Ba Everett

Beyond good and evil

any Madness and Civ

JD Mexican Cake

750ml Black Note

Ba 9k

Cheers!!!!....again

Back