Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ReNoun is up!

I'm looking for tasty beers that folks drink regularly, don't send something highly coveted from your cellar.

Alagash: Any
AleSmith: any Belgian or BA
The Bruery: any except White Chocolate & Oude Tart
Brewery Vivant: any
Boulevard Brewing: Any non-ipa Smokestack Series
Elevation Beer Co.: Señorita, Apis IV, Wild Flowers
Funkwerks: any
Grand Teton: Sweetgrass, Splashdown, Sheepeater
Heretic Brewing: any
Jester King: any
Lawson’s Finaest Liquids : any with maple or rye
New Glarus: any
Pipeworks: any
Prarie: any except Dad
Rare Barrel: any
Russian River: any Belgian or BA
Spencer Trapist
Stoudts: any BA
Surley Brewing: Coffee Bender, Cynic, Misanthrope
Tallgrass: any except Halcyon
Trinity Brewing: any saisons or sours
Tröegs: any except Sunshine
Westbrook Brewing: Bearded Farmer Saisons, any BA
Wicked Weed Brewing: Bedeviled, Day Walker, any BA or saison
Any craft ciders from the Midwest and Northeast

If you are an eMAW virgin and you have got good local beer that isn't on the shelves in Seattle put a package together. I like just about everything other than light lagers and drink a wide variety of styles.

Holy Cow TrippleHazzard and Blizzard bombed me big time! Thank you so much you guys! So many great beers that I've been wanting to try. You guys seriously blew me away with your generosity. I can't wait for work to get over so I can start drinking these. Thank you again. Here's my loot!

TrippleHazzard's eMaw included the following

Homebrewed IPA

Homebrewed Pale Ale

Homebrewed Trippel

Jolly Pumpkin Bam Noire Farmhouse Ale

4 Hands Chocolate Milk Stout

Founders Centennial IPA x2

Founders Dry Hopped Pale Ale x2

Founders Rubaeus x2

Founders Porter x2

Crooked Stave Hop Savant IPA with Brettanomyces

Crooked Stave Vielle Saison

Prairie Birra x2

Prairie Prairie Ale

Nebraska IPA x2

Blizzard's eMAW included the following

O’Dell IPA

Santa Fe After Noon Java Stout

Santa Fe Happy Camper IPA

Ska Modus Hoperandi IPA x2

Ska Vinifera Stout

Crooked Stave Surette Saison

Crooked Stave St. Bretta

Prairie Birra

Funkwerks Tropic King

Funkwerks Raspberry Provincia

Seriously, I cannot thank you two enough. I have no idea how you two coordinated to both bomb me on the same day but my weekend is going to be epic! Thank you again TrippleHazzard and Blizzard. You guys seriously rock!

:mug: :rockin:

Glad everything arrived safely! Have a great weekend, even if you don't remember it. ;) :mug:

Extra Credit porch bombing from Mikeysab today! He sent me a second box (for some reason delivered to my neighbors house, good thing I thought to drop by and ask)! I love Friday porch bombing! Thanks dude!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399681000.169697.jpg

Not familiar with most of these so I gots me lots of new stuff to try!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Cool Geoff, glad they got there safe finally. Threw a couple extra things in since I butchered the original trade. Enjoy pal.

Butchered??? C'mon man. No way. You didn't butcher a thing. You're just a very generous and honest dude. That's way cool. What goes around tends to come around.

Well, changing boxes and forgetting to put beer in the second box is pretty bad. Maybe not butchering, but bad. At least I didn't put it in one of the other boxes I packed that day. Enjoy.

Allright...

This is the easy MAW so let's make this easy...

Local beers not distributed to Texas or from one of our bordering states. I love the small to medium breweries.
So really, anything you now is only distributed locally or within your state...

Belgians
Pale Ales
Summer season beers (tis the season)
IPA's ( I prefer more citrusy to dank... not a big dankish fan)
Kolsch
Hefe's

The only thing I'm not really into are sours, but those are common as regular beers anyway.

If you have questions, just PM!

BTW - (and this may be inappropriate for me to post here, so apologies if so) Surly releases Pentagram in the next week. I am planning on picking some up and I know I've heard from many of you that you'd be interested in it. I haven't been able to keep track of whom, so if you're interested in this please PM me and let me know. Would be good for me to get an idea of how many bottles I should pick up as I definitely want to keep a few for myself.

BTW - (and this may be inappropriate for me to post here, so apologies if so) Surly releases Pentagram in the next week. I am planning on picking some up and I know I've heard from many of you that you'd be interested in it. I haven't been able to keep track of whom, so if you're interested in this please PM me and let me know. Would be good for me to get an idea of how many bottles I should pick up as I definitely want to keep a few for myself.

me tooooooooo

Drop me a PM and let me know how many bottles. I didn't mean to hijack this thread, just wanted to throw it out there as I know it's been mentioned a few times and garnered interest and I feel some loyalty here.

Got a package from TobyG. Never had any of these brews and I am excited to try them. There was a casualty but, couldn't tell which can it was. I will find out when I start drinking these bad boys.

Nola
Mecha hopzilla x2
Hopitpoulas x2
Irish channel stout x2
Nola brown ale x3
The roof brewing
Juke joint ipa x3
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399685210.058515.jpg

After 13 long hours of teaching and coaching the adolescents of NJ, I come home to porch damage. The culprit...Canti4341.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399686728.854041.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1399686737.694723.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1399686747.653126.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1399686756.063929.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1399686764.595518.jpg

Thank you so much for this amazing eMAW box. Twelve beers from Maui Brewing Co., Gandhi Bot, Blakrr, Dream Crusher, Block Party, Mosaic IPA, and The Temptress.

This made my long Friday, even longer...in a great way. Thank you again. :mug:

Got a package from TobyG. Never had any of these brews and I am excited to try them. There was a casualty but, couldn't tell which can it was. I will find out when I start drinking these bad boys.

Nola
Mecha hopzilla x2
Hopitpoulas x2
Irish channel stout x2
Nola brown ale x3
The roof brewing
Juke joint ipa x3
Let me know which it winds up being and I'll make up for it later. Tin Roof is only available in Louisiana at the moment, and they just made Juke Joint year round. It used to be a draft-only seasonal. NOLA is only slightly wider since there are a couple places in Alabama and Mississippi that get it. Mecha is probably going to be renamed when they run out of stock of existing cans since Toho (the Godzilla owners) is suing them. I'm hoping they go with a Censored or Cease and Desist type name. NOLA Brown technically isn't a porter, but it's a dark, complex mild, so it's sort of a session porter. Hope you enjoy all of them. :tank:

Let me know which it winds up being and I'll make up for it later. Tin Roof is only available in Louisiana at the moment, and they just made Juke Joint year round. It used to be a draft-only seasonal. NOLA is only slightly wider since there are a couple places in Alabama and Mississippi that get it. Mecha is probably going to be renamed when they run out of stock of existing cans since Toho (the Godzilla owners) is suing them. I'm hoping they go with a Censored or Cease and Desist type name. NOLA Brown technically isn't a porter, but it's a dark, complex mild, so it's sort of a session porter. Hope you enjoy all of them. :tank:

Well it wasn't this mecha hopzilla. Nice body and smooth drinker for a 8.8% abv. Kind of wished it was bitter.

Well it wasn't this mecha hopzilla. Nice body and smooth drinker for a 8.8% abv. Kind of wished it was bitter.

Peter (the brewmaster) leans more towards East Coast IPAs with more balance and less of a pure hop bomb like West Coast IPAs. Next time Parish Brewing releases a batch of Ghost in the Machine, I'll see if I can hook you up.

Go for it BigMike.. Pm replied to and you are on the clock to list! Thanks.

Challenge accepted. List shortly but I'll start with fresh surly IPAs and pales and topping Goliath IPAs and pales.

Ok so here's a bit more of a list...

Alpine-fresh IPAs

Russian River-any but blind pig. Haven't tried anything besides pliny and pig from them.

Surly-fresh IPAs, pales, pretty much anything.

Alchemist-any

Zombie Dust, gumbalhead

Hopefully you can throw in a few local things I've never had before.

I have had it once or twice. Three times would be ok though, especially if its very fresh. One of the times I got it at about 2 months old.

Back