Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice hit! I haven't had much prairie, but didn't the bombs used to be waxed?

Sent from my Commodore64

Arkansas has a stupid law that doesn't allow the sale of single bottles under 16.9oz. Prairie had to put the Bomb!'s in plastic 4pk carriers. If the necks had wax on them they wouldn't fit in the carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Arkansas has a stupid law that doesn't allow the sale of single bottles under 16.9oz. Prairie had to put the Bomb!'s in plastic 4pk carriers. If the necks had wax on them they wouldn't fit in the carrier.

At least you're guaranteed four bottles! :D I had a hard enough time getting 1!

How would they not fit in a carrier? I have plenty of waxed bottles and the neck has nothing to do with the carrier that is around the base. Am I missing something here?

how would they not fit in a carrier? I have plenty of waxed bottles and the neck has nothing to do with the carrier that is around the base. Am i missing something here?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395372107.845298.jpg

How would they not fit in a carrier? I have plenty of waxed bottles and the neck has nothing to do with the carrier that is around the base. Am I missing something here?

Their carriers go around the neck. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395372150.222610.jpg

Jackie Os - Any
Cascade - Any (No Blueberry/strawberry)
Upslope - Any
Fat Heads - IPAS, DIPAS, FRUITED
Kuhnhenn - Any
Shorts - Any
Knee deep - Any IPA DIPA
Drakes - Any IPA DIPA
Any Oxbow
Any SARA
Any Crooked Stave (No vielle, surette, savant, st bretta)

Heres a start for now...UPDATES in bold and below, all hoppy beers fresh...Pretty please!! lol

Jester King - Any (No Petite prince, mad meg, wytchmaker)
Surly Abrasive, Furious
Any Prairie (No Beer that saved xmas)
Westbrook GozU
Any Almanac

Bump, it was 2 pages back

Depends on how you look at it I guess... paper is pretty cheap and easy, and bio-degradable...

Very good point, but a carrier (as opposed to this simple bottle holder) would need to be graphically designed to a certain degree (they could go low-key like Leinies did with Big Eddy and such) and would have to also be approved by the TTB which can take a bit of time and money. All this extra effort to allow for distribution in a single state that doesn't allow 12oz bottles to be sold as singles is not worth it for a small brewery like Prairie. As long as those holders are recyclable, I think it's a win-win decision! :ban:

Very good point, but a carrier (as opposed to this simple bottle holder) would need to be graphically designed to a certain degree (they could go low-key like Leinies did with Big Eddy and such) and would have to also be approved by the TTB which can take a bit of time and money. All this extra effort to allow for distribution in a single state that doesn't allow 12oz bottles to be sold as singles is not worth it for a small brewery like Prairie. As long as those holders are recyclable, I think it's a win-win decision! :ban:
True, and they could logistically be reused without any modification for any number of different beers

I talked to the the brewer at Charleville last year. They switched from the cardboard carriers to the plastic ones on all their six packs. He said the plastic is a lot cheaper and it allowed them to spend more money on upgrades and brewing more beer. Seems to have worked because they are in the middle of building a brand new brewery.

At least you're guaranteed four bottles! :D I had a hard enough time getting 1!

There's an abundance around here. I'm guessing it's because you have to buy 4. There's not to many people willing to drop that much coin on a 4pk of beer.

Jackie Os - Any
Cascade - Any (No Blueberry/strawberry)
Upslope - Any
Fat Heads - IPAS, DIPAS, FRUITED
Kuhnhenn - Any
Shorts - Any
Knee deep - Any IPA DIPA
Drakes - Any IPA DIPA
Any Oxbow
Any SARA
Any Crooked Stave (No vielle, surette, savant, st bretta)

Heres a start for now...UPDATES in bold and below, all hoppy beers fresh...Pretty please!! lol

Jester King - Any (No Petite prince, mad meg, wytchmaker)
Surly Abrasive, Furious
Any Prairie (No Beer that saved xmas)
Westbrook GozU
Any Almanac

Well, It's officially Friday for me now... If no one objects, I'll go ahead and grant this one. :mug:

Finsfan hit this one outa the park, the only thing I've ever had before is the founders breakfast stout and I can't wait to try the Buffalo Sweat (and hb version) that I've been hearing so much about. Thanks again finsfan

1395422498404.jpg

1395422528990.jpg

1395422569164.jpg

There's an abundance around here. I'm guessing it's because you have to buy 4. There's not to many people willing to drop that much coin on a 4pk of beer.

Want to work something out? I would love some Bomb.

Finsfan hit this one outa the park, the only thing I've ever had before is the founders breakfast stout and I can't wait to try the Buffalo Sweat (and hb version) that I've been hearing so much about. Thanks again finsfan

My pleasure, i hope you like them all. Let me know what you think about the hb's. The saison is probably my favorite but the pumpkin is good too. Enjoy!

It's ready to post, I just haven't heard from Johnny at all with a confirmation. Anyone know if he's around today?

My pleasure, i hope you like them all. Let me know what you think about the hb's. The saison is probably my favorite but the pumpkin is good too. Enjoy!

I'll definitely let you know but I've been drinking zszalewski's homebrews and I think I need to switch back to something that I know the flavor of as ive already had enough that flavors are starting to dissappear. Probably hit your brews tomorrow

I need to start going through this thread and making a wishlist of my own in case there is one I can fill someday.

Atta boy fins! Lots of awesome brews I drink on the daily. Mercenary is s Ooo o o good

Sent from a happy little tree

Back