Could I use this for a fermentation vessel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wookiemofo said:
Any ideas how I'd get a key made for it?

I think I would start with calling the company that makes it and see if you can get one or start an intense Internet search. I would imagine with a little investigating you can probably bypass the key switch somehow

my recommendation would be remove existing lock/latch and use:

install-master-lock-steel-hasp-800x800.jpg

Although the lock is optional, could just get the type that slides to latch.

Yeah totally. I work in biotechs sometimes and drool over the fridges/freezers/cryo chambers they have. I've seen a great deal of them connected to external temp controllers just like what we all use too. If I were you I'd remove the locking mechanism all together.

actually, for a $20 fridge I would just use a bungee or strap to keep it closed ("my ugly junk fermentation chamber") :D

Good point Germelli1, this thing would suck as a vessel!

So what do they mean it needs a key to turn on? I assumed that meant the door closes and latches, but a key is required for actual operation (limiting who can turn it on or off).

wookiemofo said:
Good point Germelli1, this thing would suck as a vessel!

So what do they mean it needs a key to turn on? I assumed that meant the door closes and latches, but a key is required for actual operation (limiting who can turn it on or off).

My understanding was once you locked it closed with key it turned on

Latest posts

Back