cold water fill / chiller hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strecker25

Reaction score
I recently plumbed a new copper cold water line into my brewhouse and need some help getting the correct flexible hose.

I would like this to be adaptable for filling the HLT, as well as counterflow chiller input.

I sweated on a 1/2" MPT fitting and adapted that to garden hose threads. I then purchased a 25ft run of RV / Marine hose from lowes thinking I could fill with this hose (potable water safe) and also use it to attach to my CFC. The beauty of a garden hose is I could then attach a sprayer for some CIP if necessary. I hooked up the hose tonight and ran about 20 gallons through it and the output still tastes like plastic. Anyone have experience with these RV hoses? it would be ideal, otherwise im going to have to use one hose for filling (silicone) and another for chilling. Not a huge deal, just a little bit of a pain

Thanks!

I use one of the Camco 25ft RV drinking water hoses and don't get any hose flavor at all from it. I do make it a practice to flush it (and my RV filter) for a bit before filling the keggle. I also drain the hose and filter completely after each use so that they don't have water sitting in them.

Back