Best homebrew store in the Denver area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Option

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just moved to the Denver area a few weeks ago (Lakewood specifically) and am looking for the best LHBS. I have found like 6 of them on line and would rather just hear it from some locals before I drive all over town to check them all out. Let me know who has the best selection with the best prices to help me get a batch fermenting!!!
Thanks,
-Trent

Stomp them grapes in the highlands has the best prices, and pretty good selection, but the least helpful staff, IMO. Brew Hut in Aurora is my favorite, although their prices are maybe 5-10% more than Stomp on stuff like yeast.

Brew Hut sells Colorado Malting Company malt, which is amazing and I had no problem spending more on. Stomp doesn't. Also, if you go to Brew Hut you can get a pint at Drydock next door, which is also my favorite microbrewery in Denver.

Stomp them grapes in the highlands has the best prices, and pretty good selection, but the least helpful staff, IMO. Brew Hut in Aurora is my favorite, although their prices are maybe 5-10% more than Stomp on stuff like yeast.

Brew Hut sells Colorado Malting Company malt, which is amazing and I had no problem spending more on. Stomp doesn't. Also, if you go to Brew Hut you can get a pint at Drydock next door, which is also my favorite microbrewery in Denver.

Awesome! Stomp is actually the closest to my house so thats cool, i was confused because there other place in boulder is called hop to it so i didn't know if one sold only beer supplies and one sold only wine. Glad to hear its got good prices on supplies...

I've only been to about 4 or 5 of em here, but I too, like The Brew Hut and Stomp the best. And as Nateo mentions, Dry Dock brewing is awesome. Make it a point to get out to Aurora sometime and try em out. They have a delicious Apricot Ale and IIPA.

One more vote for the Hut. Their equipment & accessory prices are pretty darned high, so I tend to buy those sorts of items online. However, their ingredients are always really fresh and in abundant supply and the prices are pretty good for them.

I've only been to the one on Broadway...like in Englewood.
It looks like a hole in the wall but the staff was friendly and they had way more stuff than the LHBS back home has. It impressed me at least :)

The guys at Hop to It have been really helpful to me and they do sell some Colorado (pale, pilsner, wheat), so I'd think Stomp would too (though I've not been down there).

Welcome to the Denver area!

Make sure to get up to Avery on a Friday for their special tappings (and a few tasters while you're there).

I've only been to the one on Broadway...like in Englewood.
It looks like a hole in the wall but the staff was friendly and they had way more stuff than the LHBS back home has. It impressed me at least :)

If that one impressed you, then the Hut will be like walking into the Garden of Eden.:mug:

The guys at Hop to It have been really helpful to me and they do sell some Colorado (pale, pilsner, wheat), so I'd think Stomp would too (though I've not been down there).

Welcome to the Denver area!

Make sure to get up to Avery on a Friday for their special tappings (and a few tasters while you're there).

I was in Hop To It in Boulder last week, just passing through on vacation......although I did buy some caps. From browsing around the store, I noticed the staff being very helpful with other customers. Looks like the kind of LHBS we need around here- actually, just having one would be nice.

I live near brewhut and go there often. The people are knowledgeable and very nice. Sign up for their email list and you'll be able to save 15% on a purchase once a month by using the password.
Dry dock is great and they've recently expanded so its possible to sit and drink on the weekends bc it is very popular bc the beers are so good. Welcome to Denver, have fun with the beer and homebrew scene

Back