New Member - NYC area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYJayhawk

Reaction score
Howdy. I've been brewing since the mid-90's but it's been an off-and-on thing, usually brewing 3 or 4 batches a year. Most recently, some hops that I planted a few years ago started coming in like crazy, so I just brewed my first batch with my own hops which was exciting for me. I also recently (in the past year) finally invested in kegging gear and added a homebrew tap to a previously existing keggerator (so now I have 2 taps...one commmercial, and one homebrew).
I've done some partial mash batches, but haven't gone full boat into any all-grain brewing and not sure if I'll ever progress that far.
I was very bummed a few months ago when a local brewing supply place (Maltose Express) shut their doors. I always appreciated getting one-on-one advice from them when I had a question. I'm just finishing up my first batch without their support and ordered everything through Northern Brewer. Hoping to establish a presence here so that I can have another resource for advice now that the great folks at Maltose are no longer available to me. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Welcome aboard!
I grow hops too, and have lost a few local homebrew stores. Nothing wrong with partial mash or even extract brewing. I love all grain, but when I'm pressed for time I go back to basics.

Howdy. I've been brewing since the mid-90's but it's been an off-and-on thing, usually brewing 3 or 4 batches a year. Most recently, some hops that I planted a few years ago started coming in like crazy, so I just brewed my first batch with my own hops which was exciting for me. I also recently (in the past year) finally invested in kegging gear and added a homebrew tap to a previously existing keggerator (so now I have 2 taps...one commmercial, and one homebrew).
I've done some partial mash batches, but haven't gone full boat into any all-grain brewing and not sure if I'll ever progress that far.
I was very bummed a few months ago when a local brewing supply place (Maltose Express) shut their doors. I always appreciated getting one-on-one advice from them when I had a question. I'm just finishing up my first batch without their support and ordered everything through Northern Brewer. Hoping to establish a presence here so that I can have another resource for advice now that the great folks at Maltose are no longer available to me. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Welcome aboard! Losing Maltose Express was sad especially because I was 15 minutes away from them!

Anyway, don’t be afraid to ask your questions, there is a ton of knowledge around here!

Back