Being English in America has a sucky side

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's only because you are from California. If you were from Texas, they would be all over you. Trust me on this one.

TL

That was well worth checking on my way to bed tonight... put a smile on my face.:D

one evening of NHC regionals down, one whole day to go.:rockin:

One more.
With an American passport, are you still English?

I was told that a part of becoming an American citizen is that you renounce any former citizenships. However, i don't remember any oaths or anything that required me to do that. Even if I did that, Britain does not recognise that fact, and I would remain an English subject whether I wanted to or not. I think it's because they love me so much and they miss me. :)

Wasn't de Sade French? See you do have something in common with the French.

I do. According to my pigmentation and location of origin, I am most likely largely celtic in origin. That would parcel me up with the Bretons in NW France.......That's the part of France that the rest of the French don't get along with. ;)

Renewing my driving license

There is a reason the morons at the DMV don't work for NASA. Much like how there are no chavs in parliment; well hopefully there aren't any in there. Next time some idiot asks you if you've ever met the queen, tell them "Of course, all of us secret agents have met her!" :D Regards, GF.

There is a reason the morons at the DMV don't work for NASA. Much like how there are no chavs in parliment; well hopefully there aren't any in there. Next time some idiot asks you if you've ever met the queen, tell them "Of course, all of us secret agents have met her!" :D Regards, GF.

This is small town Ohio......Such a ruse would probably work alarmingly well!! :D

Which begs the question... How the hell did you end up in small town Ohio??

Apparently, the most beautiful women like to hang around in a town full of two baggers so that they look good. So, yeah, I snagged the only good one in town. ;)

Edit: I just read that back to myself. My own poetry brought a tear of joy to my eye. I'm one smooth talking bastard.

Apparently, the most beautiful women like to hang around in a town full of two baggers so that they look good. So, yeah, I snagged the only good one in town. ;)

Edit: I just read that back to myself. My own poetry brought a tear of joy to my eye. I'm one smooth talking bastard.

Still doesnt explain WHY you went there in the first place? Hiding out from the Queen's private guard? ;)

Renewing my driving license:
Her: Have you ever met the Queen?

I once got a question about the king of Sweden compared to a president so I just *had* to pull out the obvious canned answer (courtsy John Cleese at some tonight show when Bill Clinton was prez) that basically, the only difference between a king and a president is that when greeting royalty you only need to kneel down in front of them with one knee touching the ground rather than both of them...

...sadly she din't really get the joke...

H

Black pudding or blood pudding is an English term for sausage made by cooking blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled. It is also called blood sausage (first attested in 1868, perhaps influenced by German Blutwurst). Although "blood sausage" is often labeled as a North American term, it is also found in English (e.g., in the story "The Name-Day" by Saki). "Blood sausage" is also used as a term for similar blood-based solid foods around the world.
Pig or cattle blood is most often used; sheep and goat blood are used to a lesser extent. Blood from poultry, horses and other animals are used more rarely. Typical fillers include meat, fat, suet, bread, sweet potato, barley and oatmeal.

It's ficking awesome!!!! :D

That is one thing that I do miss from up north besides great beer on tap. I found a link to this on db's SIG and had to post sorry for being late to the party.
:mug:
Storm

sorry guys ive had a toke or two and didn't want to read through the whole thread, but i would like to say

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible said:
Her: Have you ever met Hugh Grant?
Me: No.....er why?
Her: Well, you sound a lot like him. I thought you might be from the same area
Me: This is my posh voice that I use for talking to strangers so they can understand me. When I use my real accent i sound more like Benny Hill
Her: OK, Sign your name here please.
Me: (Signs document)
Her: Have you ever met Benny Hill then?

i gave a hearty chuckle

Ha. I met a british lady at this weekend's homebrew dya in Grand Rapids. I couldn't help it. I had to ask her if she has ever met Tracie Ulman.

Hang your head in shame sir!! You are now officially 95% idiot, topped of with a huge splodge of fail! ...........Er, by the way.......Have you ever met Robert DeNiro? :D

Back