Any brew-software for Android?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brewzor said:
Currently I'm the support site. When Pro is out of beta, putting up a How-To is a priority. If you have questions about use, just email me - I'm usually quick to respond.

James

Thanks, will do!

Just exported all my recipes from Hopville into a folder on my sd card...imported file using ES explorer....now I have them all on my phone. The extract ones will not calculate srm, but I only had one of those anyway (I think you mentioned in an email to me that only the all grain full boils will auto calculate srm)

Been updating the hops database a bit, and messing with it. I will let you know if I have any suggestions or can help out in any way.

I haven't....but I have a viewpad 10 which runs Android 1.6 (ugh) AND Windows 7. Brewzor Pro runs like a champ under Android, and I have Beersmith under Windows. Win-win.

Dave73ok,

Does brewzor pro scale up to the full screen tablet or do your have a phone sized app in the center of a big screen?

Great! Thanks for the quick reply.

I just ordered a Xoom for basic browsing and messing around. It would be great if I could also use it on brewdays as well. I'll test brewzor pro on it and report back.

That Xoom looks great. I got the Viewpad thru work. I wouldn't pay for it, since it has the ancient 1.6 on it...though I have run 2.2 on it with some success. But Brewzor, at the end of the day, is by far the best Android beer app I've used, on tablet and phone.

I have a NOOKcolor (1024x600 7" Android reader/tablet) that I've rooted with Gingerbread (Android 2.3) and have Brewzor installed. Looks very nice on that screen. I've exported quite a few recipes from BeerSmith as BeerXML and Brewzor has imported them with very few issues...much less so than when I imported the same files into BeerAlchemy on my iPhone.

If you are looking for a lower priced android tab, Verizon Wireless is selling the Galaxy Tab (7" screen) for $199.99 with a 2 year contract.

Just wanted to thank Brewzor. I have only checked this thread today but have been using the app since January. It is great. My favorite part is being able to carry with me my recipes. This is so helpful when I go to the LHBS, I can just pull up the recipes that I am looking to do and buy my ingredients. Also when give beer to people they ask me certain things about the recipe I just pull it out and look it up.

Thanks Brewzor you're the best. :)

Yeah, I like having my recipes on me too. But it's kinda PITA to have to write the "Equipment" every time, can't I just store it in the memory and then pool it up by the name? Or maybe I just don't know how to use it yet. Same thing with the BJCP styles.
Also I'd like to see an efficiency calculator, so I can easily check how the efficiency changed after I use different mash temps or a new type of grist etc. All that said it's a GREAT app and I love it!

If you are looking for a lower priced android tab, Verizon Wireless is selling the Galaxy Tab (7" screen) for $199.99 with a 2 year contract.

I got my DroidX at Costco on sale for $50, but their regular price I think is $199.

Yeah, I like having my recipes on me too. But it's kinda PITA to have to write the "Equipment" every time, can't I just store it in the memory and then pool it up by the name? Or maybe I just don't know how to use it yet. Same thing with the BJCP styles.
Also I'd like to see an efficiency calculator, so I can easily check how the efficiency changed after I use different mash temps or a new type of grist etc. All that said it's a GREAT app and I love it!

I got my DroidX at Costco on sale for $50, but their regular price I think is $199.

Just hold them down instead of touching them and it gives you options. After selecting it fills in the blanks.

this app is great, but while making a recipe i cannot delete an ingredient once it is already in the recipe, or change the quantities?

I use brewzor with much satisfaction but only as a quick assist while mid brew.

As you all likely know BREWZOR does a cupleof apps. the pro beta one loos great.

Sadly my mid VT 8650 is pants and is not supported by any of the masses of android marketplaces. Does anyone have the free APK file they could send me?

Hi, i finally got pro beta . it looks great on the androd pad, it looks great and will be very useful. i have a few XML files that i want to import into the program. things like grain etc.

These are on a memory stick and each time i try to import the file i get a message saying that i need to specify a file manager in Preferences. Thing is, there is nowhere to find the preferences.

Can anyone help?

Hit your menu button (the one with the four squares), click preferences and then scroll down.

I still haven't imported any recipes yet, but I've gotten that far!

Hit your menu button (the one with the four squares), click preferences and then scroll down.

I still haven't imported any recipes yet, but I've gotten that far!

Thats great thans. i tried and then the thing worked perfectly.

only problem is that all the recipies are noe locked and can't be edited. bug?

Deebee, from main screen choose Menu/Preferences...then scroll to bottom and find "Recipe Calculations" ....set to read Calculate gravity, color, and IBU..... then the lock on the imported recipes will disappear and you'll be able to edit them

Deebee, from main screen choose Menu/Preferences...then scroll to bottom and find "Recipe Calculations" ....set to read Calculate gravity, color, and IBU..... then the lock on the imported recipes will disappear and you'll be able to edit them

Thanks for the tip. Just to clarify, you actually need to change it to "Calculate gravity, color, and IBU" from the default of "Use imported values for gravity, color, and IBU calculations". Then you'll need to re-import ant previously imported recipes, at least in my experience.

brewzor is my only brewing software that I have. When I went to make a recipe the databases are all empty and it asks me to import my databases. What do I do I don't have any. Do I have to input all that stuff by hand.

I'm an idiot. I found what I needed.

Brew on
CraigBrew

Didn't look all the way back through the thread to see if this was mentioned but I just loaded a free app...Brewer's Assistant...onto my Droid Incredible. Same deal where recipes are imported. Paid version with more calcs on the way per the description. Nice to see more options cropping up.

More options are always a good thing. Of course people being people will tend to go with free. Brewzor pro does the same thing and has the calc tools. Maybe they'll add the tools and leave it free simply because they love brewing.

One problem i have though. I judt upgraded to a galaxy tab. When i try to upload recipes from the sd card and also equipment, it tells me line one is a bad column and it won't import. I have sent several mails to brewzor. But no answer. Please help.

Latest posts

Back