Back in the brewing game!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shollister

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I’m getting back into brewing after more than 5 years off. I just got my Anvil Foundry and excited to get started. I consider myself a noob yet and do have a question. What brewing software or app do people recommend? I do have BeerSmith on my phone but was wondering what people think about Brewersfriend. I also want to know if it’s possible to export recipe from here to any available app or do I just need to hand enter it. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Also If anyone in Minnesota and wants some free hops here you go! These are growing on the trail just down from our house. They have a nice citrusy aroma and seem to be ready for harvest. Unfortunately I don’t have the ability to use them right away or the ability to dry them or I would pick them myself. I live in Lester Prairie so if anyone is interested you can comment and I can direct you to them!

Attachments

• 3F0750FB-C906-46BC-A156-5C5791A786A4.jpeg
    3F0750FB-C906-46BC-A156-5C5791A786A4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 78C5ACDB-E901-43F9-8492-5950C66ECF22.jpeg
    78C5ACDB-E901-43F9-8492-5950C66ECF22.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
Hello everyone! I’m getting back into brewing after more than 5 years off. I just got my Anvil Foundry and excited to get started. I consider myself a noob yet and do have a question. What brewing software or app do people recommend? I do have BeerSmith on my phone but was wondering what people think about Brewersfriend. I also want to know if it’s possible to export recipe from here to any available app or do I just need to hand enter it. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Welcome back!

The big three are BeerSmith, Brewers Friend and BrewFather. All are great IMO, its just a matter of preference. I use brewers friend, made the switch after 7 years with BS and love it! Web/cloud based and can jump from computer to ipad and all my recipes are there.

If you find a recipe here unless it has the file attached you are inputing it yourself!

Welcome back to the cult! I started in 1992 but took about 6 years off before restarting in 2013. It's good to be back.

Beersmith 2 desktop has been all the software I've needed except occasionally using an online BIAB or the Brewers Friend water additions calculator.

You didn't ask about books but I would highly recommend Brewing Classic Styles. I got it around the time I started back and have probably brewed 75% of the recipes in it.

If you get a Tilt gravity monitor setting up an Rpi TiltPi server is a good way to run it in my experience.

Last edited:
NOT SURE if this is posting in the right place. Looking to make my first batch. Have honeyead and concentrate. Wondering what's the most inexpensive way to package?

Back