Any brew-software for Android?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A QR code for Brewzor Pro Free would be nice. I can only find the beta version.

Brewzor Pro BETA:

qrcode-pro-beta.png

I will post one for the stable release as soon as it is available.

James

James, I recently installed Brewzor and love it so far. There is a Brewzor Pro Beta app on the market as well but in the comments it states to search instead for Brewzor Pro Free in the market. I can't seem to find that version. Should I instead download the Beta? Thanks so much for such a wonderful app.

I updated the comment and removed the part about the stable version. Thanks!

been using brewzor for a bit now to 1) have my recipes available to me (you know how many people ask what is in it and i completely forget quantities?) and 2) bored recipe creation. I like it a lot, had a bug where it wouldn't let me see anything besides the shopping list in an imported recipe, but that has been fixed in the latest update. Good work!

The only bug I have found so far is it locks up when I try to add the hops in a recipe, but thats why its in Beta...Keep up the good work! Its on a Droid X running Froyo by the way.

Currently, Brewzor Pro is only available in beta. There are still some features I need to test before I feel comfortable releasing it as non-beta software.

I love the Brewzor Pro! Awsome app. There is a bug in the yeast database. The yeasts are list on top of the manufacturer, and it is hard to read. I have a Droid 1. Keep up the good work!

it was so easy to import everything from Beer Smith in Brewzor Pro... now I won't be running back and forth between the brew kettle and my computer. I'm looking forward to the updates to fix the minor bugs and one to add a built in countdown timer. until then, OIcountdown works for me

I like what I see, but why do you ignore the mash tun thermal mass in your strike temp calculator?

it was so easy to import everything from Beer Smith in Brewzor Pro... now I won't be running back and forth between the brew kettle and my computer. I'm looking forward to the updates to fix the minor bugs and one to add a built in countdown timer. until then, OIcountdown works for me

How exactly do you import recipes from BeerSmith to Brewzor Pro? I'm new to the android phone (I have the HTC Desire - if that's relevant).

How exactly do you import recipes from BeerSmith to Brewzor Pro? I'm new to the android phone (I have the HTC Desire - if that's relevant).

export the recipe as a BeerXML formated file. place them on the SD card (mount the SD card via USB). in Brewzor select recipe manager. then menu>import browse to the file and it gets imported

Are any of these open-source, by any chance? I'd really like to make an app which connects to a web server, which hosts a database of recipes and ingredients, so that the user is able to access those from both the phone and a computer...

Are any of these open-source, by any chance? I'd really like to make an app which connects to a web server, which hosts a database of recipes and ingredients, so that the user is able to access those from both the phone and a computer...

Brewzor is open-source (GPLv3). I'm waiting until the release of Brewzor Pro to update the repository on Google code though. Project is here:

http://code.google.com/p/brewzor-calculator/

If you are interested in contributing, send me a message here or through the app on the phone.

James

if Brewzor was web based that would be perfect.. one app for computer and phone..

It would definitely be nice to have a web-based recipe creation tool to simplify that process for those of us who don't want to purchase a desktop app.

That said, there are free, cross platform, open-source alternatives for the desktop that support BeerXML like Brewtarget:

http://brewtarget.sourceforge.net/
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f84/brewtarget-1-1-free-open-source-brewing-software-123353/

It would definitely be nice to have a web-based recipe creation tool to simplify that process for those of us who don't want to purchase a desktop app.

That said, there are free, cross platform, open-source alternatives for the desktop that support BeerXML like Brewtarget:

http://brewtarget.sourceforge.net/
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f84/brewtarget-1-1-free-open-source-brewing-software-123353/

of course there are other alternatives.. brewtarget is nice.. I have Beersmith already.. but to have one that was web based or similar that would be accessible from my android as well as PC.. even if it was something that I uploaded recipes to would be great.

I just got an HTC Evo and the first thing I did was download Brewzor Pro. :D played around a little in it and figured a few things out. Is there a site that I can go to that would give step by step on how to?
Right now I'm like a monkey doing a math problem with it.

I just got an HTC Evo and the first thing I did was download Brewzor Pro. :D played around a little in it and figured a few things out. Is there a site that I can go to that would give step by step on how to?
Right now I'm like a monkey doing a math problem with it.

Once Brewzor Pro is out of beta, I will be creating a step by step guide. Until the features settle down a little, it would be changing too frequently.

If you have any specific issues, feel free to contact me directly and I'll be glad to help.

James

Once Brewzor Pro is out of beta, I will be creating a step by step guide. Until the features settle down a little, it would be changing too frequently.

If you have any specific issues, feel free to contact me directly and I'll be glad to help.

James

I have been figuring out and I'm really liking it. Would be nice to have dilution tool.

James

I just downloaded it today and I'll give it a whirl in a couple of days. Looks good though.

Would be nice to have dilution tool.

It is in there:

Brewing Calculators -> Gravity Correction

You enter the starting gravity, the wort volume and the desired ending gravity. It then calculates how much extract (DME and LME) or water to add based on those numbers to achieve the desired ending gravity.

James

Brewzor: I just downloaded the Pro version of your app. Simply want to say "Thanks" for making this app. Can't wait to be able to buy it from you to support all your hard work!

Brewzor: I just downloaded the Pro version of your app. Simply want to say "Thanks" for making this app. Can't wait to be able to buy it from you to support all your hard work!

Glad you like it! Brew sessions, timers, and more calculators are coming in the next release.

James

Neat. Just got an android phone. Didn't think I'd find a brewing app coming along this nicely.

I sent you a message via your app regarding helping out with the project. I'd love to take a look at the project and see if I can grok enough to be useful. I've always wanted to upgrade ProMash..

Neat. Just got an android phone. Didn't think I'd find a brewing app coming along this nicely.

I sent you a message via your app regarding helping out with the project. I'd love to take a look at the project and see if I can grok enough to be useful. I've always wanted to upgrade ProMash..

Great to hear from you! Glad you like the app!

Just downloaded the Brewzor Pro and HBT apps this morning!! Can't wait to try them out.

Brewzor, do you have a support site or a place where we can find tips for use?

Latest posts

Back