Another Keezer to add to the list

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorsinc

Reaction score
I spent a long time lurking & learning how how to build a Keezer that I had pictured in my mind all on this forum. Thank all of you that have posted pictures that inspired my creation and helped with some of my challenges. My advice to anyone that is thinking of building one - Make sure you have the time for it. I still have some tweaking to do it, but it dispenses my beer!

IMG_1255.jpg

image.jpeg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

Thanks guys. I used 36 gage copper Azul Petina from color copper. I sealed the sides with Lacquer and the top i used their commercial grade epoxy. The dark wood, trim, bar rail is cherry wood with black cherry stain.

That looks awesome and the raspberrypints looks great. Any specs on the freezer and materials?

The chest freezer is Maytag 15 cu. Ft. I built the base using 2x4 and 3/4 play wood. The box I mounted 2 x 4s vertically as the frame and placed 3/4 oak plywood. I placed the oak because I wanted a smooth surface for the copper. I used 1/2 x 4" cheery on top of the oak to make the frames. The box is about about 12" wider on the long side than the freezer and about 4" longer on the short side. I added a fan to circulate the air around between the box and freezer. The lid I felt was going to be to light for what i was adding to the top, so my thought was to add 1x1 frame to the existing lid. When I was taking the lid apart, I destroyed it. I ended up having to build a new one with foam and wood. I put marine varnish on any wood that might come in contact with any condensation. The top is very heavy my guess 150 lbs give or take. That's why I added a Linear Actuator, it's rated for 1000 lbs over kill yes. The faucets are Perlick 575ss on roughly 10' of 3/16 beer lines with 90deg tail pieces behind each shank. Currently I have the c02 in the freezer and the manifold in the coffin. I am going to move the c02 bottle and place it on a bracket behind the keezer and run the line into the coffin, i still need to give that some thought on how I'm going to penetrate the back of the coffin.

I spent a long time lurking & learning how how to build a Keezer that I had pictured in my mind all on this forum. Thank all of you that have posted pictures that inspired my creation and helped with some of my challenges. My advice to anyone that is thinking of building one - Make sure you have the time for it. I still have some tweaking to do it, but it dispenses my beer!

Nice! Where'd you get the bar edging?

All of the wood with the exception of the 2 x 4s I picked up at Peterman Lumber. I believe the part number for the cherry bar rail is P-902. The scary part is cutting it, you have only got one chance to get it right or you just bought yourself some expensive firewood. I bought a few extra feet so the I could make sure my 45s were spot on when I went to cut the center rail

Latest posts

Back