Keezer Brag

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zippy123

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
With the help of HBT I have finally kicked bottles. I set a budget of $600 for the project and due in large part to a "splurge" on the drip tray, I went about $150 over budget. That includes everything you see in the pics, with a total of 7 corny kegs. It's currently set up for 3 taps. Part of my agreement with SWMBO is one of the taps is dedicated to tonic water. Having discovered that I can cram 5 kegs into this keezer I might upgrade to 4 taps, which still allows one keg to be crashing or carbing while the others are pouring.

I attached the collar in a different way that I have seen on other builds. I did not glue the bottom of the collar to the freezer. Instead I mounted a few pieces of scrap plywood to the existing freezer lid mounting holes. The collar and lid hinges are then attached to the scrap plywood and thus to the freezer. Thus I can remove 8 screws and the collar and lid (and CO2 distribution system) comes off as an assembly. Since its final resting place has not been negotiated, removing the collar and lid will make it much easier to move the keezer upstairs if needed. Easy peasy. I also added 1/2" square trim along the top of the collar board to protect the top edge of the 1/2" insulation from damage as kegs are moved in/out of the keezer.

I bought one Kegland inline regulator to see how it worked, and was not overly impressed. So I added a bank of secondary regulators, added a "tee" to one of them, and also tapped off the secondary to the Kegland inline regulator. So I can independently control pressure on 3 kegs, and two kegs can be running on the same pressure. I am also using the Kegland regulator line for closed transfers from FV to keg.

It's been loads of fun so far and there is still more to learn and figure out no doubt. Thanks for letting me brag.

Attachments

• IMG_3515.jpg
    IMG_3515.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3517 (1).jpg
    IMG_3517 (1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3518.jpg
    IMG_3518.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3516.jpg
    IMG_3516.jpg