Sparkling Water - Connecting Water Line to Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerLV

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I'm heavily drawing on the information in this post which was also posted to this forum. I'm having a really difficult time finding much information on how to plumb a water line into a keezer keg. The post above is the closest and most information I can find showing actual, detailed steps on how he achieved it. I'm basically copying his design with the quick disconnect post installed on the keezer collar. However, my keezer is going to be located about 5 feet from my kitchen sink so I think it'll be easiest to just pull 1/4" ice maker hose straight from the kitchen faucet cold water line and run it along the cabinet to a ball lock disconnect to the keezer post.

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how I connect the 1/4" hose to my kitchen faucet tap though. Underneath my sink I have 4 FlowTite valves. The bottom left goes to my dishwasher. The top left goes to my kitchen faucet. The two valves on the right are tied together for some reason and also go to the kitchen faucet.

1. What the heck is the tee fitting doing connecting the two valves on the right and then going to the faucet?
2. Are these 3/8" or 1/4" fittings that are installed?
3. How do I add a tee to connect a 1/4" ice maker hose with a female end to run to my keezer?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 1.14.07 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 1.14.07 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 1.15.01 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 1.15.01 PM.png
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 0
That 2nd picture certainly raises more questions than it answers. Have you tried shutting each of those two valves in turn and see what happens - are they both actually cold water sources or is one of them heading off somewhere?

Cheers!

I was confused too but was relying on my ignorance of all things plumbing. I'll check on what happens if I close them and report back.

After a little more research, I won't be home for a while to practically test it, it appears one of the valves is going to the water dispenser on my fridge according to this thread. I'll make sure and then I see no issue with being able to tee of either of these valve lines to tie into my keezer.

Latest posts

Back