Oops. Keezer filled with water.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweets17

Reaction score
Keezer's full boys!!!

20240108_071758.jpg

Not sure if you can tell but this keezer is full of water.

Installed the kegland continuous carbonator lid last evening. Seemed fine for the 6 hours or so before bed with no leakage (that I could tell) and even a hint of carbonation out the tap.

Line goes from source, to filter, to kegland bulkhead, to elbow, to check valve, to ball lock, to lid. Haven't inspected thoroughly enough yet, but the brief minute or so before work and after cleaning up yielded no results.

Taking all bets!!

My gut is telling me I didn't seat the lid properly or it isn't sealing. Well then that would mean the float failed, so it's likely before that. Couldn't be the exterior bulkhead or filter assembly as that's not in the keezer.

I used keg lube on all connections. I suppose it could even be the out kegland adjustable ball valve. I have been having a tough time with these in almost all regards. From seating and locking, physically adjusting, and tube insertion.

What a nice surprise to awake to lol.

20240108_072159.jpg

The collar needs to be pulled back to avoid leaks.... looks like a few aren't, hence my strong recommendation of the clips.
Anotherbentclip.jpg

I've had leaks caused by lines like that.
:bigmug:

The collar needs to be pulled back to avoid leaks.... looks like a few aren't, hence my strong recommendation of the clips.
View attachment 838536
I've had leaks caused by lines like that.
:bigmug:
Ah I see, haven't had issues until now. It's tough to pull the trigger on plastic clips that seem very overpriced. Worth the assurance I'd suppose.

I've discovered the issue. The carbonated water line goes to a nukatap mini faucet and wall mount. It was leaking out of the back of the nukatap. Also dumped the co2 tank.

The mount for the mini nukatap is flush with the release/locking clip and the clip must extend past the mount in order to engage. Well The diameter of the hole I drilled was only large enough to accept the 8mm tubing (which is what's recommended by kegland) and the hole was essentially acting like a release the entire time.

I drilled a 1/2" hole and the tubing still released. So I just drilled 7/8" hole and the clip engaged and no problems now. What an annoyance. @Broken Crow the blue cir clips likely would have saved me here or at least prevented me from fully installing the mini faucet.

20240108_180318.jpg
20240108_180953.jpg
The locking clip needs to extend past the mount in order to work properly.

Screenshot_20240108_190129_Brave.jpg

Back