Announcing My Brewery - Hailstorm Brewing Co

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking great! I dig the brewery name. If I ever find myself up y'alls way, I'll be sure to stop in. Keep livin the dream man! I'll be following the progress along on FB.

The other day we finished epoxying the floor in the brewhouse/cellar area, pressure tested the boiler, and got about 100' of 1.5" copper up for the glycol supply/return lines.

ForumRunner_20131214_082022.png

ForumRunner_20131214_082033.png

ForumRunner_20131214_082049.jpg

ForumRunner_20131214_082106.png

ForumRunner_20131214_082118.jpg

Worked on the brewhouse tonight. Got the HLT, Mash Tun, and BK set in their rough locations, we may still tweak them a little. Got a bunch of piping hooked up and installed the mash tun motor/shaft/mixer blade installed.

ForumRunner_20131218_220912.png

ForumRunner_20131218_220925.jpg

ForumRunner_20131218_220940.jpg

ForumRunner_20131218_220955.jpg

ForumRunner_20131218_221010.jpg

ForumRunner_20131218_221024.jpg

ForumRunner_20131218_221103.jpg

Looks great, can't wait! If you guys are ever looking for volunteers for anything let me know or if there is a way to be added to some sort of volunteer list I'd be more than willing!

Glad to see it's finally coming together. If the steam heat my old house had is any indication,the steam you're going to use is very efficient for money spent.

id like to think it loses its home :D

congrats on the brewery tho, you are making a lot of us jealous and happy at the same time!

Jealous of couple couple things, mainly that they had $450k in cash laying around to spend!!

Would be nice to see all these microbreweries make it and crush the big guys and all their cost saving shortcuts, corn is for bourbon NOT beer!! lol

Good luck! Liked ya on Facebook, every little bit helps.....

Jealous of couple couple things, mainly that they had $450k in cash laying around to spend!!

Would be nice to see all these microbreweries make it and crush the big guys and all their cost saving shortcuts, corn is for bourbon NOT beer!! lol

Good luck! Liked ya on Facebook, every little bit helps.....

Thanks! The cost of this project would have easily been double if we had someone do the work. We have done absolutely everything ourselves (except we hired a concrete finisher for 1 day when we poured around the trench drain and a plumber for 2 days only because the city requires a licensed plumber for the plumbing between the city supply and our RPZ). Another local brewery that opened last year, same size as us, spent close to $1MM.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

Great PintoBean not only did you save alot of cash doing things yourself, the satisfaction must be off the charts too. I'm an industrial mechanic by trade so there is very little in the way of fixing stuff/building stuff that I can't do. I make a recommendation to all young guys before you go to college, learn some trades like plumbing, welding, electrical, etc. Good paying things to fall back on if times are tough, and you can save a ton of money doing things yourself. :mug:

Awesome. If you need anything I can help. Weather it's a name a company, actual work done or any type of assistance I'd be glad to help. Best of luck.

This is a great thread, congrats on going pro. Looking forward to (pictures at least) the consumable results :)

Any idea on an opening date? I live about a half mile away from you guys and I am very excited to see the place!

Going all in. Quit my job today. Gave two weeks notice and they informed me today would be it (which is what I had hoped for). Starting now, it's balls to the walls until we're open!

Hoo doggy. You're really in it now! GOOD LUCK!

Going all in. Quit my job today. Gave two weeks notice and they informed me today would be it (which is what I had hoped for). Starting now, it's balls to the walls until we're open!

Congrats! Sounds like you work in IT. Can't wait to see the place.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Home Brew mobile app

Adrenaline must be coursing .. best of luck

It always makes me happy to see so many engineers in brewing. The owner/founder of Milwaukee Brewing Company is a EE. Considering I am an EE with big brewing dreams you guys give me hope!

I think it's our constant need to tinker and improve things that makes this hobby so perfect for engineers.

All steam and water plumbing is now complete. Have to work on a few electrical projects now and get the boiler flue installed (if it ever gets above 0 here so I can get up on the roof and cut a giant hole in it). Also have to do the PEX drops from the glycol header to the fermenters, brite, and CLT (which is a quick little job). Then we can fire up the system and do a test run!

1390914633035.jpg

1390914647475.jpg

1390914665661.jpg

1390914691260.jpg

1390914714254.jpg

Looks like it's really coming together! I can't wait to see how the first batch comes out! Good luck with your maiden voyage!:mug:

Latest posts

Back