Announcing My Brewery - Hailstorm Brewing Co

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed a nice sheet of brushed stainless, drip tray, and faucets.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

1396011702524.jpg

Awesome job man. Great thread. Best of luck to you folks - I'll be up in Chicago in August and I'll swing by to do my part in keeping cash rolling in for ya'll.

Cheers.

Not sure if I like the bar more or the presence of a barrel more...Perhaps sipping a barrel beer at the bar will be the best way to settle this:mug:

Pleased to announce we passed all of our inspections today and the city issued our liquor license within hours. We opened on a whim for about 3 hours tonight, and within 30 min of our Facebook posting, had over 20 people in the brewery. Well over 50 people in the 3 hours we were open. From here on out, our typical hours are Tues-Sun Noon-8pm. Come check us out!

Right now, we have a IIPA, RIS, Pale Ale, Irish Red, and a Blonde Ale on tap.

It was a really cool place. There were quite a few people there, but it didn't feel too crowded. The beers on tap were excellent. I highly recommend people stopping in for a pint or two. Good job and good luck!

Looks awesome! Congrats. One question: What is the total square feet of the building?

It's awesome to see so many craft breweries starting up. If you guys are successful, you will be living the dream! Best of luck!

Went in to Hailstorm today and it was impressive. Great tap room and even better brews...Sampled all 5 on tap and all were great, especially the RIS and the IIPA. If you guys are in the area, you need to stop in there and grab a few brews!

I will be enjoying my growler of RIS tomorrow night!

Congrats again!

Thanks all. Here's a shot I took from our scissor lift Friday night. It was a great first weekend!

had a blast last week, great beer, awesome place. i will be stopping in regularly!

congrats!

While I have no plan or desire to open a brewery I do have to thank you for keeping us updated and supplying us with all of the great pictures showing us all that it took to get up and running. It was definitely great to see all that goes into just opening a small brewery. :mug: Here is to wishing you great success in your endeavor and I'll definitely be stopping by if I'm ever in the area.

Looks awesome! Congrats. One question: What is the total square feet of the building?

10,000 is what we're renting, the building we're in is 40,000 with one adjacent unit currently vacant.

What's going on in that photo must make all the hard work feel worthwhile.

Definitely!

While I have no plan or desire to open a brewery I do have to thank you for keeping us updated and supplying us with all of the great pictures showing us all that it took to get up and running. It was definitely great to see all that goes into just opening a small brewery. :mug: Here is to wishing you great success in your endeavor and I'll definitely be stopping by if I'm ever in the area.

No prob. And thanks, it's been fun building this...like a giant DIY.

Looks like you might just have a success on your hands! :mug:

Went in to Hailstorm today and it was impressive. Great tap room and even better brews...Sampled all 5 on tap and all were great, especially the RIS and the IIPA. If you guys are in the area, you need to stop in there and grab a few brews!

I will be enjoying my growler of RIS tomorrow night!

Congrats again!

It's awesome to see so many craft breweries starting up. If you guys are successful, you will be living the dream! Best of luck!

Thanks guys!

Would you mind talking a bit about insurance? What to look for in a provider? How your premium was calculated? Maybe what your yearly premium is? I would really appreciate it!

We'll be hosting our grand opening celebration this Saturday. Special guest tappings from Haymarket, Goose, and possibly others. There will be a live band (Roger and the Wraybands) starting at 5:30 and the Haute & Ready food truck from 5:00-8:00pm. The event will be from noon-8pm. There is no cost to attend, other than what you drink and eat of course.

Tomorrow night, 6/20, starting around 5pm, we'll have a food truck, live acoustic music, and a tapping of our summer seasonal, a Hefeweizen with Coriander, Lemon, and Spanish Orange Peel.

Are you serving from kegs in the taproom? Thought I read where you only had one brite tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The place is awesome. Great brew.

Growlers and howlers (half sized). Yes cornies but they ask you call ahead.

You can find some of their stuff at berkots in new Lenox. But do yourself a favor and go to the taproom

Latest posts

Back