Announcing a new Brewery – Torrent Brewing Co

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the factory salvage run I think we’re going to be able to get a few nice things from it. The plumber is at the brewery right now installing the first area of plumbing. Over the weekend we broke out the rest of the concrete that needed to go with a jackhammer and our hands (lots of work). We have ordered our kegs and they should be showing up soon. Also an update on the Kickstarter, we've passed 25% of our goal and would love for you all to donate a pint ($5 more if you like) to our campaign, and keep sharing our Facebook posts. More updates and photos coming soon I promise.

Just listened to the interview (nice job)..... as I am getting ready to head out for the Iowa Craft Beer Festival in Des Moines. Don't suppose you are quite to the point of pouring there today are you? Sounds like the IPA was well-received.

The Des Moines Register has a write-up in today's paper.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/things-to-do/food-and-dining
Brewery update: The concrete has been poured, I repeat the.... I never thought getting the concrete poured and right (still working on it) would be such a task. Any way the cooler is finally in place and the rest of the walls are going up. I've got a short video tour on the Facebook page of where we are at a few days ago if you'd like to see.

That's a good writeup. I like the updates, and I'm glad you hit your Kickstarter goal!

I don't know how I have missed this thread up until this point. Saw some work being done on the building today as my wife and I walked away from the farmers market. Almost **** a brick when I saw it was going to be a brewery. I wanted to walk up and talk to whoever was in there, but my wife pulled me away. Me and my co-workers will become regulars. Hope you're ready for us!

Any info on types of beers you're planning?

Just heard about the new brewery and found this thread, my guess is 3 months without a post is a bad sign? Hope all is well and hope to drink some Torrent soon!

Sorry I’ve been gone for so long but as you can imagine starting a brewery takes a ton of time. As mentioned we’ve been up dating through our Facebook and Kickstarter pages but I’ll try to do a better job here on HBT. So what’s a brewery update without pictures? We’re getting very close with the build out and basically all the paperwork is done, all but final inspection and city council approval. The pics below in order are 1. Taproom at entrance 2. Taproom looking back at entrance 3. The floor coating behind the bar 4. Ladies Restroom 5. Brewhouse getting hooked up 6. Eight of our 10 temp controlled fermenters 7. Bright tanks in cooler 8. Empty kegs waiting 9. Our barrel aging/ banquet room I took these photos last Thursday so in that amount of time progress has been made. I'll try to get some new photos this weekend.

Taproom-1.jpg

Taproom-2.jpg

Backbar.jpg

Restroom.jpg

Brewhouse.jpg

Fermenters.jpg

Bright Tanks.jpg

Kegs.jpg

Barrel Room.jpg

Worked until midnight lastnight installing valves on fermenter cooling system. Now just to get them wired to Rancos this weekend and the FV will be up and running, installation pics to come!

Back