Announcing My Brewery - Hailstorm Brewing Co

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys still aren't open, right? I was able to make a last minute trip home to Tinley before I have to deploy at the end of the month. I figured getting a good beer from an hbt'er would be a good call before heading out to the desert.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Haven't updated in a while. We are at the point where we should be brewing this week. We were inspected by the state last Monday, so should have that license this week. Here's some pics of what we've been working on the last few weeks...first is a control panel we built to automate some commonly used valves and controllers for the Steam/Glycol solenoid valves for the HLT/CLT.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

1392697017470.jpg

1392697039013.jpg

Installed the fermenters, made the glycol drops, and hooked up the cellar control panel...

1392697572373.jpg

1392697590316.jpg

1392697605113.jpg

1392697616667.jpg

1392697647185.jpg

1392697665560.jpg

Don't forget to caulk the storm collar on the flue with high temp. silicone. You won't like looking for the leak later on when something expensive gets wet.

Yeah, did that right after I took the picture. It was really cold when we installed that, so we'll see how everything sealed up when the snow starts melting :)

Yeah, did that right after I took the picture. It was really cold when we installed that, so we'll see how everything sealed up when the snow starts melting :)

I'm in Windsor,ON, Canada. My wifes from Chicago and her sister lives in Tinley Park. We come in during our summer shut down. We will drop in and check you out.

Huge update. We finished the construction on the brewery (not done with the tasting room yet). Received our State permit today, picked up a boat load of yeast, and will be brewing the inaugural batch tomorrow! Irish Red up first.

Will finish out tasting room construction while filling our fermenters. Hopefully be open to the public late March.

1393297245299.jpg

1393297271777.jpg

1393297296233.jpg

1393297318267.jpg

1393297336525.jpg

Lzzy is going to be pissed, look for a cease and desist letter from the lawyers soon.

J/K

Looks like a great setup, good luck. Here is to having many tap handles secured in your market soon.

Lzzy is going to be pissed, look for a cease and desist letter from the lawyers soon.

J/K

Looks like a great setup, good luck. Here is to having many tap handles secured in your market soon.

HA HA HA I was thinking the same damn thing!

Looks KILLER!!!! That is a very well planned system! My gawd I dont even want to know how much $$$ you guys dumped into that system...
Talk to us about packaging? I only see brights no serving tanks? Are you gonna bottle or keg? Or ONLY serve in the tap room?

Well done man!

Cheers
Jay

Where do the bulk grains and hops come from?

Country malt group, BSG, Niko Brew, and Crosby hop farm is who we've ordered from so far

Good choice for your first batch.. How many gallons will you be brewing?

We ended up with 18.5 barrels...573.5 gallons

J/K

had to Google "Lzzy" to figure out what you were talking about. Funny, luckily we're spelled different :)

HA HA HA I was thinking the same damn thing!

Looks KILLER!!!! That is a very well planned system! My gawd I dont even want to know how much $$$ you guys dumped into that system...
Talk to us about packaging? I only see brights no serving tanks? Are you gonna bottle or keg? Or ONLY serve in the tap room?

Well done man!

Cheers
Jay

We have a bottling line and will be kegging for bars, individual purchases, and for the tap room. When we get some cash rolling in we can upgrade to a larger cooler with serving tanks.

I see the keg washer now..I just had to look closer..... How big is your walk in gonna be?

Again, nice work!

Cheers
Jay

It's small for now, 10'x8' just to accommodate kegs for the tap room. Will upgrade to a larger one for serving vessels and cold storage when we can afford it

Need to thank Zach over at Stainless Brewing. He hooked us up with (26) 3/4" stainless elbows and pipe nipples that we used to plumb our glycol system on super short notice and got them to us quick!

Congrats! Just read this whole thread, pretty cool seeing it all come together. Thanks for posting all the pictures and info. Wish you guys the best of luck. If we are ever up that way, be sure to drop by.:mug:
Derek

HELL YEAH!!! Let the brewing revolution begin for you guys!!!!! More picts...More picts...We want to see your ass working!

Congrats man!!!! Best of luck for sure!!!

Cheers
Jay

Any special event for the opening? I will absolutely be there!

Any special event for the opening? I will absolutely be there!

We'll have a grand opening of some sort, but not immediately when we open. At this point, we just need to get open and sell some beer out of the taproom to get money rolling in.

Latest posts

Back