Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good question. For June. Right now, no one outside of your local zip codes cares. We have entirely too much **** to spout to engage in serious discussions.

Relevant now since the decision will be made in the next two days, but I understand most other fans not giving a crap about this.

That's why I asked, imagine if this was your team...?

Relevant now since the decision will be made in the next two days, but I understand most other fans not giving a crap about this.

That's why I asked, imagine if this was your team...?

As someone just pointed out, you're living in San Diego (or that area), so you're probably not gonna get a whole lot of pity out of anyone on a beer forum.

That said: imagining if it was my team - that would definitely suck. I can't think of a team I'd want to jump ship for though, so there's that.

Flipside of that coin: about 10, 15 years ago, the Pats were making noises about moving out of Foxboro and into Hartford. Their goal line would've been roughly 6 stories below where I sat and worked every day at the time - so I was pretty stoked. Then they went and backed out of the deal (who can blame them - who willingly goes to Hartford?), which was kind of heartbreaking. Images of season tickets disappeared pretty quickly...

Man, as a Chargers fan I just feel sick right now.

"Right now"? Really? As a fan, you should've been sick for years.

[...]

So, what would you do?[...]

Embrace the inevitable?

sn_e_emporer_576x469.jpg

Cheers! ;)

Let me be the first to welcome dunnright00 to the wonderful life of a Pats fan. When you make the change from Charges to Pats, you will find that there is still football to root on your team for after October. You will find that chicks find you better looking and your boss wants to give you a raise. You will spike random things in your house, and you will be able to use quippy phrases like "do your job" and "We're onto ( insert anything here)
Yes, when you choose the Pats, everything in your life will improve. If you do it soon, you can soon consider yourself part of a Super Bowl winning season.

Meh. Their sports section is written by sandy vaginas.

This is a much more on-target prospectus.

Least Likely: Chiefs at Patriots, Saturday, 4:35 p.m. ET

Reasons to Think "Upset": Remember that 41-14 Chiefs victory over the Patriots in Week 4 of 2014? Something like that could happen. The Chiefs are on an 11-game winning streak, which of course means they will never, ever lose again and don't need healthy quality players to keep going. And maybe Tom Brady is much, much more injured than the Patriots are letting on.

But Let's Get Real: Don't bother checking the Patriots' injury report for news of Brady's ailing ankle or anything else. Getting information out of Foxborough will be like getting plot spoilers from a Star Wars shooting set. It won't matter.

The Chiefs could use traps and fake reverses to generate offense against the demoralized Texans, but they'll need Maclin back for New England. Tom Brady will commit, at most, 20 percent as many turnovers as Brian Hoyer gift-wrapped. And the first team to 20 points will win. That will be the Patriots, by halftime.

Patriots will have the guy who SHOULD have been the 2014 MVP ready to go...

Cheers!

I suggest you get ready for a Packer vs Chiefs rematch of the first Superbowl with Joe Lombardi presenting the Lombardi Trophy this year to reflect the history of the Superbowl, the NFL, and the spirit of the underdog to come out triumphant against all odds

I suggest you get ready for a Packer vs Chiefs rematch of the first Superbowl with Joe Lombardi presenting the Lombardi Trophy this year to reflect the history of the Superbowl, the NFL, and the spirit of the underdog to come out triumphant against all odds

What lol. The pack is not going to the super bowl. You're funny.

The Chiefs might.

Can we get a big Roll Damn Tide around here today, please?

(No bandwagon here: Alabama alumnus)

Latest posts

Back