FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yeah baby.... Bironas' 50+ yard field goal was worth 5 points. The PAT is just added goodness.

The Splitters and the Pirates will have identical records going into next week, but I'm trailing by about 50 in the total season points column.

-walker

Walker-san said:
The Splitters and the Pirates will have identical records going into next week, but I'm trailing by about 50 in the total season points column.

-walker

In other words..... 3rd place. ;)

I'm going undefeated these last 4 games. I just picked up Ricky W. Figured he and I'd get on with a nice fatty and hit the D-Line right up the middle.

I've clinched a playoff spot ;)

Hey, any one of you mofo's could have had TO *and* Moss at the beginning of the season, if you offered me a top-tier RB in exchange!

the_bird said:

Hey, any one of you mofo's could have had TO *and* Moss at the beginning of the season, if you offered me a top-tier RB in exchange!

Oh, who asked you anyway? ;)

My record sucks, my team sucks, my players suck. I don't even have a chance at last place. This is depressing. I think I'll have a beer! :mug:

the_bird said:

Or we could have flaked the live draft and had a 50/50 chance of getting that same playoff team. ;)

the_bird said:

Will you be sharing your trophy with the Yahoo-bots who picked that team for you?

You know... having Yahoo! pick that team SHOULD have been a disadvantage. Anyone else could have picked up TO or Moss or Addai or Favre before my selections. Y'all didn't. That ain't on me. I was specifically left with the players who no one else wanted to take.

In finance terms, you all have negative alpha.

the_bird said:
You know... having Yahoo! pick that team SHOULD have been a disadvantage. Anyone else could have picked up TO or Moss or Addai or Favre before my selections. Y'all didn't. That ain't on me. I was specifically left with the players who no one else wanted to take.

BS.

The yahoo rankings you did prior, (or even the default yahoo rankings) picked them in accordance with your draft order spot. I specifically remember making comments during the draft on how many decent players you guys were getting for being autopicks.

The only problem with autopicks is it doesn't take into account depth. It will take a kicker before a 3rd RB. That is why I hate autopicks.

You had just as fair of a chance at getting good players as everyone else did.

Dude said:
You had just as fair of a chance at getting good players as everyone else did.

I'm not arguing that I was disadvantaged, per se - but anyone who wants to claim that I was somehow helped by having Yahoo! pick my players, well... no, THAT is bullsh!t.

Did I get lucky? Hells yeah; TO not having a breakdown, no one really getting hurt (yet), the Pats getting caught cheating and therefore BB unleashing the most ferocious offensive assault - no restrictor plate - the league has ever seen, yeah, I'm lucky. It ain't JUST luck, though.

And now, I've doomed myself to an 0-6 finish...

Yo, commish.

Bernie and I are trying to do a trade and it seems it has disappeared from yahoo for some reason. You know what is going on? Can you force it to go through? We need some action on this because next week is another short week.

Dude said:
Yo, commish.

Bernie and I are trying to do a trade and it seems it has disappeared from yahoo for some reason. You know what is going on? Can you force it to go through? We need some action on this because next week is another short week.

And before you say that the trade deadline has passed, we started this trade either last Tue or Wed, before the deadline, but yahoo has nixed it for some reason.:confused:

Did you leave enough time before the deadline for it to all be processed? I don't know how long the delays are for things like us being able to vote against it, etc.

Bernie Brewer said:
I don't know, but IMHO, if you have your trade applied for in time, that should be all that is necessary.

Agreed, that would make good sense

Unless anyone has any objections, I'd be in favor of the trade being pushed through manually if need be. Not sure I liked the trade, but hey... your call!

Would I be correct in assuming that we're unanimously in favor of doing FFB through someone OTHER than Yahoo! next year? ;)

the_bird said:
Unless anyone has any objections, I'd be in favor of the trade being pushed through manually if need be. Not sure I liked the trade, but hey... your call!

Would I be correct in assuming that we're unanimously in favor of doing FFB through someone OTHER than Yahoo! next year? ;)

Well, I didn't object to the trade. It's their nickel.

Well, you know our thoughts on Yahoo this year. But I'd suck no matter what league I was in. I'm the suckiest suck there is. I suck so bad I can't even lose.

Haven't seen a score update yet today. Most of the afternoon games are late into the 3rd quarter now.

Really Rottens 81.20
Dave's Drunkies 109.50

Desert Tortoise 80.76
Yooper's Losers 74.20

The Gipper's Wusses 50.90
olllllo contendere 85.56

Angry Pirates 60.34
Casa de Dude 113.56

Grogan's Heroes 112.54
makingitgood 87.40

The Boston Strangler 74.52
SkullSplitters Redux 128.52

the_bird said:

BS BS BS BS.

If you recall, we had a draft. Then it disappeared. Then we got stuck with luck of the draw because no one was sure of their picks.

todd_k said:
In other words..... 3rd place. ;)

Ahhh... but this weekend has gone my way. I crushed Boston, and Dude is making you look silly. Unless you can get 50-some points out of Hines Ward and Jeff Reed tomorrow night, I think you might have to take a seat on in the third place section, hippy.

Dude said:
Yo, commish.

Sorry - just saw this now. Let me know what you want done and I'll fix it

Walker-san said:
Ahhh... but this weekend has gone my way. I crushed Boston, and Dude is making you look silly. Unless you can get 50-some points out of Hines Ward and Jeff Reed tomorrow night, I think you might have to take a seat on in the third place section, hippy.

Oh sure, you wait until today to respond.... :rolleyes:

Cheesefood said:
BS BS BS BS.

If you recall, we had a draft. Then it disappeared. Then we got stuck with luck of the draw because no one was sure of their picks.

Virtually everyone remembered their first five or so picks... go back in the thread, the only person who was really in the dark was Boston (who also autopicked, if you recall).

the_bird said:
Virtually everyone remembered their first five or so picks... go back in the thread, the only person who was really in the dark was Boston (who also autopicked, if you recall).

The first 5 rounds were recovered. After that, it was a crap shoot. Some people knew who they had and some did not.

Rod, please push it through, if you can.

The terms were:

I get Peyton Manning for Ryan Grant and GB's Defense, and wusses were going to drop Alge Crumpler so he had room on his roster for the 2 for 1.

Damn, Philly's looking good... showing off the Pat's weakness, it seems; our defense isn't all that fast.

I'll be pissed if Philly wins AND Cheese knocks me off this week!

the_bird said:
Damn, Philly's looking good... showing off the Pat's weakness, it seems; our defense isn't all that fast.

I'll be pissed if Philly wins AND Cheese knocks me off this week!

Pitt's D will have to really fail tomorrow for me to pull this off. Had C-Benz not gone out I'd have had a chance. The Tom and Randy show isn't very exciting tonight.

of course I benched Frank Gore this week......man, I hate him.

Well..... that game was.... interesting?

Anyway, here's the final scores (and the standings since I like seeing myself at #2) for week 12 in the FFB league:

screen2.jpg

screen.jpg

Dude said:
Look at that. Casa de PAIN slides into the last playoff spot, high scorer again this week.

My boys are hitting their stride. ;)

Um, Dude, I hate to rain on your parade, but you've got Bird this week. And in order for you to beat him that means that Favre will have to have a bad day, which in turn mght mean that the Pack would lose. I'd rather beat Dallas.

Bernie Brewer said:
Um, Dude, I hate to rain on your parade, but you've got Bird this week. And in order for you to beat him that means that Favre will have to have a bad day, which in turn mght mean that the Pack would lose. I'd rather beat Dallas.

That was exactly the situation I faced this week; Cheese has Brady. Couldn't have worked out better - Pats get the win, but the TDs come mostly on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back