FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude said:
Rod, please push it through, if you can.

The terms were:

I get Peyton Manning for Ryan Grant and GB's Defense, and wusses were going to drop Alge Crumpler so he had room on his roster for the 2 for 1.

So are we able to do this or not? We need these players set by Thursday's game.

Bernie Brewer said:
Um, Dude, I hate to rain on your parade, but you've got Bird this week. And in order for you to beat him that means that Favre will have to have a bad day, which in turn mght mean that the Pack would lose. I'd rather beat Dallas.

Playing in Dallas, i.e. House of Horrors. Brett will have 4 picks this week.

The Grogans go down this week. Mark it down.

If I'm not mistaken, the trade deadline expired before the trade took place. Looks like a case of "Bad Luck" for you guys. Dem's da rulez!

Cheesefood said:
If I'm not mistaken, the trade deadline expired before the trade took place. Looks like a case of "Bad Luck" for you guys. Dem's da rulez!

Cheese, you are mistaken. We had everything set before the deadline, but yahoo, that wonder of wonders, screwed us.

Dude said:
So are we able to do this or not? We need these players set by Thursday's game.

The Grogans go down this week. Mark it down.

I'll do it later today.

Um....yeah....I had a trade in place too....for Tom Brady and Randy Moss.... can you push that through too?

todd_k said:
Um....yeah....I had a trade in place too....for Tom Brady and Randy Moss.... can you push that through too?

What were you offering up? Your whole team plus the first three rounds of draft selections next year?

Dude said:
Break the curse Dude, break the curse... I'd prefer a perfect season from the grogans :mug:

(but I'm kind of expecting what you are unless our D goes nutz)

Bernie Brewer said:
thanks, rod, but, um, for some reason it's not showing up on the individual rosters.....Sorry this is such a pain.

It says the changes will take place the next day. Let's see if that happens or not

todd_k said:

Shoo...I wouldn't trade you Tom Brady if you offered me Bird as my prison-*****.

MF'er..... I started Thomas Jones over Adrian Peterson because I was concerned about his playing time with that knee injury.

crap. I sat down to swap bush out and burress in, but the computer froze on me and I had to reboot. I missed my opportunity.

I hope I am not cursing this later.... :)

Dude said:
This is at the start of the afternoon games...I've got 5 left, he's got 2 left.

Hmmmmmm..........

Well... I would say that you only had 4 left. One of your 5 is the DEF, which puts up its numbers at the start and then tends to lose a few points as the game goes on.

But... I still think you stand a great chance of upsetting bird.

I love it when the underdog wins. :rockin:

Walker-san said:
Well... I would say that you only had 4 left. One of your 5 is the DEF, which puts up its numbers at the start and then tends to lose a few points as the game goes on.

But... I still think you stand a great chance of upsetting bird.

I love it when the underdog wins. :rockin:

Chicago's D against Eli....I'm thinking I'll make out there. ;)

Meh, if I lose, it'll be because your boy got hurt as the Pack lost the most important game (to date) of their season.

Not quite as enjoyable when you remember the context, eh?

Dude said:
Chicago's D against Eli....I'm thinking I'll make out there. ;)

CRAPOLA....I just realized Fitzgerald was a game time inactive due to injury. That blows. Bird got lucky again. I don't have the horses left to offset Moss. DAMMIT.

92-65 going into the last 2 games of the weekend.

He has Randy Moss and Pittsburgh's D. I have Roooooooooo-deeeeeeee J left. If RJ can cancel out RM, I feel good.

Championship!!!!!!

Dude said:
CRAPOLA....I just realized Fitzgerald was a game time inactive due to injury. That blows. Bird got lucky again. I don't have the horses left to offset Moss. DAMMIT.

You almost got the "Fitzgerald".

Cheesefood said:
You almost got the "Fitzgerald".

No kidding. Still might.

Although, if the Raven's D would show up tonight and knock Moss on his ass a few times, I still have a chance. Still up by 27. I could pull this upset off yet! ;)

I just need what, about 120 yards and a TD from Moss to go 13-0? Baltimore's been pretty middle-of-the-pack, overall, against the pass this year.

Walker-san said:
???

What are you talking about?

I checked the league page before I went to work and the scores had not been updated yet. I don't check it every Monday morning but every other time I have, the scores had been updated. That's what I was talking about.

the_bird said:
I just need what, about 120 yards and a TD from Moss to go 13-0? Baltimore's been pretty middle-of-the-pack, overall, against the pass this year.
Man... if Baltimore hadn't f*cked themselves in the butt on that last defensive stance.....

todd_k said:
I checked the league page before I went to work and the scores had not been updated yet. I don't check it every Monday morning but every other time I have, the scores had been updated. That's what I was talking about.

Ahhh... I thought those w/o statracker didn't get updates until after the MNF game.

Man... I am on the verge of falling out of playoff contention.

I've already accepted the fact that I am going to lose this week against Cheese, which means I am force to root against Dude from here out.

-walker

Walker-san said:
Man... if Baltimore hadn't f*cked themselves in the butt on that last defensive stance.....

They seemed to play pretty good pass defense last night. The wind helped them, but at least a couple of the sacks they got were coverage sacks, Brady just didn't have anywhere to go with it (there was at least one time that he just grounded it, too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back