FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker-san said:
DAMNIT
Bush just left the game early. F*ck.

does that mean I won?

Can someone please post the scores?

todd_k said:
does that mean I won?

Can someone please post the scores?

Yes, you won.

screen.jpg

Wow....what a week to have both QB's on a bye..... yikes.

Also, anyone as mentioned earlier, I am looking to trade Gore (or Thomas Jones). I'm looking for QB, RB, TE.

No chatting today on this thread? I'm a little shocked. I expected at least Bird to be running his mouth.

Anyway, here are the scores as the late game gets underway:

screen.jpg

I was out of town and forgot to replace Gore....it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Ummmmm.... Cheese, you knew Larry Johnson wasn't going to be playing today, right?

Can anyone confirm what I heard on the NFL network the other day (because the news on Yahoo doesn't match when I heard reported.)

Anyway, what I heard was the Larry Johnson had actually broken something in his foot and was going to probably be out for the remainder of the season.

The Skull Splitters performed miserably today.

Here are the scores going into the late game:

screen.jpg

Hey Bernie!

HTF do you have the balls to start Roethlisberger over Peyton Manning last week? Nice!

But, here's another tweak that needs to be made to the scoring for next year; no way should Manning have STILL netted 31+ points in a week in which he throws six picks....

I wish there was a way to get additional points if the points your player scores are game winning points or additional negative points if you kicker misses a game winning field goal within 30 yards or qb throws a pick in the final 2 minutes.

Also, I know a while ago someone mentioned a keeper league. Are we still considering that?

Keeper league could be fun next year (that'll have a definate influence on how you approach certain players). But, can't do it at this point in the season, says the guy in first place.

I'd like to do a limited keeper league - but I'd torch the houses of every guy on my team if I got the chance. No way I want to keep ANYBODY.

the_bird said:
Hey Bernie!

HTF do you have the balls to start Roethlisberger over Peyton Manning last week? Nice!

Big Ben actually has a higher ranking, half the Colts are hurt, and Pittsburgh was playing Cleveland, worst pass def in the league.:)

Um, ok, I missed it, what's a "keeper league"?????

Hmm, dunno if I have anyone else I'd WANT to keep.....how many players does each team get to keep?

Oh, BTW Manning had 31 pts cuz he got an extra 10 for throwing for 300 yds........

I hate you, Frank Gore...... I hate you so much.

todd_k said:
I hate you, Frank Gore...... I hate you so much.

I'll trade you Ron Dayne for him... ;)

Eh... maybe not.

Come Thanksgiving, I'll be thankful for you *not* accepting my TO-for-Gore-and-Boudin trade offer... :D

the_bird said:
I'll trade you Ron Dayne for him... ;)

Eh... maybe not.

Come Thanksgiving, I'll be thankful for you *not* accepting my TO-for-Gore-and-Boudin trade offer... :D

and it was all because Thomas Jones was hurt and I needed a RB..... shoot me now. I may go 8-8 after starting 8-0.

I don't really want to revel in your misery, but the worse Gore does, and the worse the 49ers do, the better I feel... the Pats own their first round pick this year. :D

Traded #28 overall in last year's draft for the 4th rounder we used to get Randy Moss, plus this year's 1st rounder, which is currently slated to be #4 overall (the league's taking away OUR pick, #32, for SpyGate). Feckin' A.... :rockin: :rockin:

A keeper league would be fun, but they are a PITA to run. I run one right now and I'm quitting it after this year because it is impossible to keep things straight with most everyone spread across the country. The draft this year was a nightmare. We had 1 guy give up his team and the guy who took it over raised a huge stink about his "inherited" players. He's in first right now, BTW.

I wouldn't mind keeping one player from our teams this year--for next year's league. But I don't care one way or another.

And oh......191 points? I've had consecutive weeks not scoring that many!

the_bird said:
I don't really want to revel in your misery, but the worse Gore does, and the worse the 49ers do, the better I feel... the Pats own their first round pick this year. :D

Traded #28 overall in last year's draft for the 4th rounder we used to get Randy Moss, plus this year's 1st rounder, which is currently slated to be #4 overall (the league's taking away OUR pick, #32, for SpyGate). Feckin' A.... :rockin: :rockin:

GAWD that makes me hate you, the Cheatriots and Boston even more. :p

Karma, that's all I've got to say. It'll get ya.

Dude said:
And oh......191 points? I've had consecutive weeks not scoring that many!

That was a good old fashioned beatdown to my friggen 55 pts! I'd take the spankin weekly as long as Grant and GB Def keeps netting you 30 and 25 though :).

the_bird said:
You'd get to "keep" Peyton next year. Everyone would be able to keep a few of their players for next year's team.
I think this only works if we do a regular draft then; worst team this year gets to pick first next year, the draft order does not reverse on even rounds, etc.

If you don't do that, the strong teams just stay strong.

Oh.... scores for this week are as follows. (I oddly find myself rooting tonight for Cheese and Tom Brady. If the Pirates get beat, I am one step closer to 2nd place in this mo-fooking league.)

screen.jpg

Sounds good- remind us next year!

I am absolutely mediocre. Not bad enough to be at the bottom, but not good enough to be above the middle. I suck at FFB. Good think I was really good at Survivor, huh? :D

Go, Brady! 13 more yards and he gets 10 bonus points for breaking 300. Look out Pirates!

Half-time scores:

SCREEN.JPG

Moss AND TO with four TDs this week? Nice.

Having a bet with the wife to "get freaky" if the Pats cover the spread against her Bills? Nicer.

One other minor adjustment for next year's defensive scoring; I never noticed that there's no credit received for sacks. That doesn't make any sense.

Walker-san said:
scores for this week are as follows. (I oddly find myself rooting tonight for Cheese and Tom Brady. If the Pirates get beat, I am one step closer to 2nd place in this mo-fooking league.)

5 points out of the Titan's kicker tonight, and the Pirates lose!

Scores are below. The Gippedr needs a huge night out of Henry and his Defence to stage a comeback:

screen.jpg

bah....I deserve it for starting Gore....

By the way, **** the Patriots! **** them right in their stupid asses!

Walker-san said:
5 points out of the Titan's kicker tonight, and the Pirates lose!

Scores are below. The Gippedr needs a huge night out of Henry and his Defence to stage a comeback:

heh- ya think?????

I'm toast.:mad:

I heard Henry is out.

All of a sudden I'm rooting for something very bad to happen to a certain kicker. well...maybe not very bad, maybe just pull a hammy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back