introduction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello all, new to the forum and new to the hobby. i recently brewed my first batch last week (brewers best weizenbier) with only minor incidents. the main one being i pushed the grommet through the lid into the wort, but after reading that apprently everyone has done that at one point or another i am hoping all is well. also i brewed this weekend and it was about ~+80 degrees in my kitchen the first few days, needless to say the yeasties love it and really had at the sugar. however now the temperature has normalized my kitchen is ~75 now my batch has really stopped burping. i know fermentation is still occurring, and i am not planning on taking my next hydrometer until at least this weekend. but is it normal for the sudden drop off like that (i fear the temperature drop my have effected the yeast albeit a mild drop).

anyways, i was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with brewers best weizenbier (good/bad) and any tips to maximize its awesomeness.

again, glad to be here and hope this all turns out well.

Back