MD, DC, DE, South PA Brewday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a great weekend when Ireland won the 6 nations a few weeks ago. Much genius was had by all!

That was an intentional misspelling. ;)

Feel free to adjust it as you'd like - I'm tentative on the Spring Brew Out; it all depends on how my rugby team does during playoffs. I may be in Columbia, SC for the Sweet Sixteen on the 16th.

Lets get a list of who is brewing what going on in case some people just want to double up with someone else.

I have alot of grain and hops that we can use too.

Anybody want to do an ESB or BM's cream of three crops with me?
I just found my way into this thread. I have to check with the wife to see if we have plans that weekend, if not, I may be in for either one if you want. I should know by tomorrow if I can go.

Excellent!! Let us know, we'd love to have you.

Oops, sorry I just kind of invited myself.

Anywho, I just got the word from the wife I am a greenlight for this.

dataz722 if interested in splitting a batch, you can email me at ryanlockard(at)gmail.com

dataz722 if interested in splitting a batch, you can email me at ryanlockard(at)gmail.com
Ryan,

It'll give you a chance to use up some of that grain you've had for a while. The alt will be my first brew since Mar 7, I'm overdue a brew.

You didn't "invite yourself" -- this thread is an open invitation for people to come brew at my house that day.

Bring what you can, I'm hoping we have plenty of equipment.

I'm guessing the main thing will be mash tuns, kettles, burners, and propane. I have 2 burners and 1 prop tank -- so I'll ask as many people that can bring their tanks to do so. There's a swap place nearby if anyone needs to refill the day of the event.

That said - anyone who is coming that doesn't know where I live already, please PM me and I will get you directions and a contact number. I would prefer not to post all this over the interweb. :)

Bump for the 2 weeks to mark...

right now:

Jezter - 10g of alt
Warrior - 10g of alt
Clap + friend - 10g of something

Data/Ryan - you guys come up with something?

I just checked with my friend, he completely forgot, and is now working that day, so I can either split my 10G of Scottish 70 with someone else, or only make 5 gallons :p

Or, if you bring 2 fermenters - you can do both!!!

Now, did we set a start time for this??

I will be up as early as 8am for people who wish to come and get started at whatever time they wanted. I also stocked up on brita faucet filters for the event (good god those things are flipping pricey!!) so water should be be less of a problem other than "time" spent filling up a 1g pitcher from the faucet.

Do we just want to do pizza or maybe Sheetz (sort of like WAWA for those of you who don't know), or do you want me to go out and get some bratwurst/hot sausages to grill up?

I can bring down some killer soft pretzels, there is a good place near my house.

As far as start time, I think it will be in the 10:30 range when I get there, if not later.

Fark off. It's usually your dang old mead or cyser that ends up knocking me on my butt and napping in the corner.

Make sure you bring lots of mead and cyser. :)

you arent anyways?

I'm hardly ever drunk. Unless there's mead/cyser involved. And since I don't have any --- I'm not drunk most of the time.

If I had as much mead as you do, I'd be wasted all the time.

I still don't know how you go through as much beer and mead as you do.

who says I go through it :p

i just think making 50 gallons of meade at a time is a good plan, so it can be hoarded :D

im a hoarder :)

Or, if you bring 2 fermenters - you can do both!!!

Now, did we set a start time for this??

I will be up as early as 8am for people who wish to come and get started at whatever time they wanted. I also stocked up on brita faucet filters for the event (good god those things are flipping pricey!!) so water should be be less of a problem other than "time" spent filling up a 1g pitcher from the faucet.

Do we just want to do pizza or maybe Sheetz (sort of like WAWA for those of you who don't know), or do you want me to go out and get some bratwurst/hot sausages to grill up?

TACOS!!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF TACOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! actually I really dont give a **** what we do just as long as it has alot of tomatoes.

im a whore :)

Fixed it for ya!

We have not sync'd up. I am still in for it if he is, otherwise, I will brew a 5 gallon batch of my own.

I think I am going to do the cream of 3 crops if you want to go in on that with me. I only have a 7.5 gal pot though so if you dont have a bigger one we will have to probably wait and borrow one.

I think I am going to do the cream of 3 crops if you want to go in on that with me. I only have a 7.5 gal pot though so if you dont have a bigger one we will have to probably wait and borrow one.

there is achance ill only be doing 5, so my (alans) keggle will be available

Back