Free (for most) Newcastle Glass.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Residents of AL, AR, AZ, CA, CT, HI, KY, ME, MN, MO, NC, OH, OR, PA, SD, UT, or WV are not required to purchase beer or send actual Newcastle bottle caps and must substitute six (6) Virtual Newcastle Bottle Caps, available at www.newcastlebrown.com, for actual Newcastle bottle caps.

Dammit I'm out....

Sweet, I actually like Newcastle, I bought several six packs of it because I wanted some clear bottles and they were the only ones I saw (that also had what I hoped was decent beer in them).

Check your local beer distributor. Mine had those glasses free if you bought a 12 pack. My taste for Newcastle has changed but I wanted the glass. I bring the owner homebrew every now and then. I offered to buy 2, he gave me them for free.
Last week he gave me 2 of those cool Sam Adams tulip glasses for 2 homebrew heffes. Can't beat that.

Thought it was going to be another shaker glass. I'm really digging that one though. Might have to pick up a sixer. Just make sure you get one from the darkest place possible. Preferably straight from the cardboard case. Otherwise, these get lightstruck bad.

Ahh this is tasty Newcastle. It actually tastes better than I remember. I wonder if this is the first one I've had that wasn't skunked.

Well, that's blatant discrimination, ha-ha. Just because I live in IL, I gotta go buy the beer and send in actual caps. I don't think so. This has to have something to do with state statute in those places where only virtual caps are required.....like there's gotta be some dip**** law in TX that requires you to pay for the glass.

So I had my wife print out the printable caps and get out her address book and send in one of these for me, my sis, her brother, each of our mothers, and a friend of hers from work. I'll get the one from her mom and my mom and probably my sis :) I need a set of 4!

I think this statement in the Terms & Conditions means more than anything else, especially the first part:

Allow 10–12 weeks for delivery. Offer begins May 1, 2010, and ends September 7, 2010, or while supplies last.

Jess only posted this in June. We're a few weeks away at least until anyone here may start seeing any glasses.

The Killians promotion was similar, in that it took a while.

I might get a sixer of Newcastle for this. I mean I already have a GEORDIE SCHOONER (it must always be pronounced in a loud, bad, Scottish accent) coming because they sent some samples to my not-oft-updated beer blog, but I could use another!

So since I'm in Texas, do I have to send in $2 on top of 6 actual bottle caps, or can I use the virtual caps?

Did my daily homebrewtalk check..girlfriend just got out of work..she has been diverted to hyvee for a sixer of newcastle, haha. :ban:

Just a heads up. I had a glass deliver via USPS today. Not to shabby for free.
photo_2_10.jpg

Back