Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Hawgwild81, I'm hooked on Prairie brews. He bomb!'d my porch (get it?) thanks so much Evan!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392498131.192208.jpg

I bought the last 5 4 packs. Focal fan out way before! There was about 40 people behind me. I felt bad, so to get my beer Karma back on the positive. I gave a 4 pack to this couple who were way back in line. They came for NY and were leaving empty handed. They had a 7 month old Great Dane that was absolutely gorgeous that my girl was obsessed with.

I've yet to see Sofie in bombers. Nice.

Bengali = best beer there. :D :D #homer

I've yet to see Sofie in bombers. Nice.

Bengali = best beer there. :D :D #homer

Drinking the Bengali first. Didn't notice the best by date was 2/21/14.

I was surprised myself to see the Sofie. He had about 6 of them (2012) for $8.29 each so I grabbed one.

Nice! You bought the Petit Mutant artwork too. Nice to support a local charity. I thought about making the trip up from Albany, NY but couldn't find time. How were the lines?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Nice! You bought the Petit Mutant artwork too. Nice to support a local charity. I thought about making the trip up from Albany, NY but couldn't find time. How were the lines?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Line was huge. They started selling at 1045. Got there at 1030. Guy working for the alchemist told me and my girl that we made number 285 and 286. Petit was 180 cases and focal was 220. So we weren't guaranteed to get anything. But luckily we got something! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392506934.236498.jpg

Line was huge. They started selling at 1045. Got there at 1030. Guy working for the alchemist told me and my girl that we made number 285 and 286. Petit was 180 cases and focal was 220. So we weren't guaranteed to get anything. But luckily we got something! View attachment 179627

It's sad what the world of craft beer has come to. Especially so many out-of-town people hoarding local beer.

It reminds me of people I know that camp-out for sneakers.

Fail.

Really? If I was somewhere like Alchemist or HF, as an out of towner, I would get absolutely everything I could because I know I might not have another chance. I would expect just about any out of towner to be the same. As long as they are staying within the limits that the brewery is setting, I see no problems. And I've been on the reverse end where I've gotten screwed by those people, but IMO it was still fair...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

Really? If I was somewhere like Alchemist or HF, as an out of towner, I would get absolutely everything I could because I know I might not have another chance. I would expect just about any out of towner to be the same. As long as they are staying within the limits that the brewery is setting, I see no problems. And I've been on the reverse end where I've gotten screwed by those people, but IMO it was still fair...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

I hear you. For me, it's just frustrating sometimes when I have a line of 10 people waiting for beer and I have to wait for a while. I guess I'm just complaining too much. It's good to know people travel great lengths to get beer that's local to me. And it's awesome for the brewery. My gripe is just with the wait. Maybe I'm just having a bad day. :)

When there is a line of 15-20+ people, I simply turn around and go back home. I am not waiting that long for beer. That's just me.

It's sad what the world of craft beer has come to. Especially so many out-of-town people hoarding local beer.

It reminds me of people I know that camp-out for sneakers.

Fail.

I really agree with this, but i guess business is business. I'll bet more people from out of state then Vermonters pulled beer from the release. I had a group from mass in front if me and a group from Albany behind me. It would have been nice if locals had first crack. But I'll take what I got.

Man, you guys near awesome breweries are a spoiled bunch. To suggest that out of towners shouldn't be allowed access, or be pushed behind locals to get beer sounds ludicrous. Maybe because i'm not near any super rare, sought after breweries, but comon guys. You're lucky enough to be within striking distance of great breweries and you wanna control who gets in line? Sounds selfish. Hate to sound like a ****** about this but this seems like a new level of beer snobbery to me. Oh, ;)

Maybe i shouldn't be commenting on this till AFTER Nick sends out my MAW. Whoops.

I really agree with this, but i guess business is business. I'll bet more people from out of state then Vermonters pulled beer from the release. I had a group from mass in front if me and a group from Albany behind me. It would have been nice if locals had first crack. But I'll take what I got.

CCB keeps most of their "special stuff" to in-state distro, and then they have some brewery release events, which are crowded with people from all over. For the locals, they have secret releases. I have never been to one, but from what I understand, they will tap a keg of a super-rare or throw a case in the cooler on a random weekday without telling anyone. Here is a BA Huna review from youtube where a guy walked in and bought a bottle of BA Brandy and didn't even know what it was. [ame]http://youtu.be/f2_XtqX_fB4[/ame]

Man, you guys near awesome breweries are a spoiled bunch. To suggest that out of towners shouldn't be allowed access, or be pushed behind locals to get beer sounds ludicrous. Maybe because i'm not near any super rare, sought after breweries, but comon guys. You're lucky enough to be within striking distance of great breweries and you wanna control who gets in line? Sounds selfish. Hate to sound like a ****** about this but this seems like a new level of beer snobbery to me. Oh, ;)

Maybe i shouldn't be commenting on this till AFTER Nick sends out my MAW. Whoops.

I wasn't able to land what I had hoped to land. But I came away with something. Hell I already said business is business. If the release was during a weekday that would absolutely be for locals. I wasn't saying to push out of town people behind locals. Was just thinking they could have done a separate or a weekday release like they did with their growler fill program. I can get focal on tap at local craft bars and not only that they'll be brewing both again. Vermonters and myself are obviously spoiled. It is what it is I guess.

I'm just a jealous fool. My closest brewery is Sixpoint. Not quite HF or Alchemist. Maybe if I start referring to it as SP, more people will seek it out

I like meeting people at my local breweries that are from out of town. I just hate waiting in line for 30 min. for beer. Not happening.

Breweries obviously benefit from the business and that's awesome. But there is a craze. People going into my local beer stores asking for Gandhi bot while I'm at the checkout counter. Multiple people. It's just ridiculous. I bet it's worse in VT at HF and the Alchemist.

The frustrating part for me is I hate having to think twice about when to head to my local breweries for beer because I know it'll most likely be a **** show and I'll turn back and go right back home after arriving there and seeing a ridiculous line.

CCB keeps most of their "special stuff" to in-state distro, and then they have some brewery release events, which are crowded with people from all over. For the locals, they have secret releases. I have never been to one, but from what I understand, they will tap a keg of a super-rare or throw a case in the cooler on a random weekday without telling anyone. Here is a BA Huna review from youtube where a guy walked in and bought a bottle of BA Brandy and didn't even know what it was. http://youtu.be/f2_XtqX_fB4

That's what Hill Farmstead has been doing. Was able to get a Norma, CD7, Elaborative #1 and a prolegomena on separate visits that were unannounced releases from their stash. Which is awesome. Alchemist has no retail spot. So makes it impossible. Nothing from either of them has out of state distro and the Vermont distro is very limited. Unless it's a collab. I would love for there to be something like the el catador club.

That's what Hill Farmstead has been doing. Was able to get a Norma, CD7, Elaborative #1 and a prolegomena on separate visits that were unannounced releases from their stash. Which is awesome. Alchemist has no retail spot. So makes it impossible. Nothing from either of them has out of state distro and the Vermont distro is very limited. Unless it's a collab. I would love for there to be something like the el catador club.

I'm kicking myself for not springing for el catador.

If its anything like Bruerys Reserve Society, do it. Drinking a Melange 1 tonight and my first thought was how glad i was that I sprang for it. No regrets. I'll make more money.

Members have first right of refusal next year, so unless they expand it, I'm out of luck. From what the members got this year, I highly doubt there will be many, if any dropping out.

Geography. We all choose where we live.

You do not owe anyone an apology for living near a highly hyped brewery. Good for you--enjoy it.

From a $4$ trade with Canti, I didn't think to throw in extras but he did and now I feel like an idiot but I really appreciate the trade. Thanks Canti, I owe you one!

3x Prarie Bomb!
3x Prarie Noir
1x Prarie Funky Galaxy
1x Prarie Somewhere
1x Jester King Ol Oi
1x Jester King Boxers Revenge
1x Jester King Funk Metal
1x Jester King El Cedro
1x Clown Shoes Undead Party Crasher
1x Lakewood The Temptress
1x Icon Bohemian Pils

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392594869.705792.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392594880.943695.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392594896.691374.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392594905.742783.jpg

What I don't get about all of these frigging breweries is, these guys are making money hand over fist. It's gotten to a point where certain brewers at certain breweries that are so hyped up can say " for this batch I decided to add just one of my pubes to each bomber of this beer to impart some complexities... Blah blah blah" and people would be around the block just because there are only 5000 bottles made ever of said beer (because he only had 5000 pubes on his sack obviously). Point being, these breweries make so much $$$ why not expand to allow more beer to be produced and let more people enjoy their delicious pubetastic beer. Would any of you who like say dark lord for example, think it any less good if you could buy a 6 pack of it on demand any time you chose? If your answer is yes then you suck at life.

What I don't get about all of these frigging breweries is, these guys are making money hand over fist. It's gotten to a point where certain brewers at certain breweries that are so hyped up can say " for this batch I decided to add just one of my pubes to each bomber of this beer to impart some complexities... Blah blah blah" and people would be around the block just because there are only 5000 bottles made ever of said beer (because he only had 5000 pubes on his sack obviously). Point being, these breweries make so much $$$ why not expand to allow more beer to be produced and let more people enjoy their delicious pubetastic beer. Would any of you who like say dark lord for example, think it any less good if you could buy a 6 pack of it on demand any time you chose? If your answer is yes then you suck at life.

A lot of it comes down to space and time commitment. Most of these breweries aren't huge, and a lot of them don't want to become huge. Making a ton of dark Lord vs making a beer that they can get from grain to glass in a couple weeks is very different as to what the actual output would be in a given period of time with the same amount of space for each.

Sent from my H4X0r3D Nexus 7

If we could get all the beers we wanted at our local bottle shop, there'd be no need for trading :p however, there are a few breweries that I've decided to give up on. The search becomes more exhausting than fun. Oh well!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Home Brew mobile app

A lot of it comes down to space and time commitment. Most of these breweries aren't huge, and a lot of them don't want to become huge. Making a ton of dark Lord vs making a beer that they can get from grain to glass in a couple weeks is very different as to what the actual output would be in a given period of time with the same amount of space for each.

Sent from my H4X0r3D Nexus 7

As someone who is in the process of opening a brewery, it's profitable but not as profitable as you may think. A production brewery with a tap house has to produce an insane amount of beer to be profitable and consider nationwide distribution. I see both sides of the coin, but I know what the economics are as far as production and expenses are. Most brewers and brewery owners aren't loaded. I am happy to have the bills paid and have a little extra at the end of the day and that's how it is for many of us.

Back