Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the trucks are running, is the cargo compartment heated?

The actual delivery trucks tend to be parked indoors and usually are just a walkthrough to the cab. So depending how warm the driver wants to be, the back may be relatively warm.

The freight trucks in which packages spend a majority of their time have absolutely no climate control.

The actual delivery trucks tend to be parked indoors and usually are just a walkthrough to the cab. So depending how warm the driver wants to be, the back may be relatively warm.

The freight trucks in which packages spend a majority of their time have absolutely no climate control.

That there is a really good piece of info, thanks for sharing.
Certainly explains why so much breakage for me when shipping to the Pacific Northwest. With everything having to cross the Rockies, its a wonder why more bottles haven't oozed out all their goodness on me.

That there is a really good piece of info, thanks for sharing.
Certainly explains why so much breakage for me when shipping to the Pacific Northwest. With everything having to cross the Rockies, its a wonder why more bottles haven't oozed out all their goodness on me.

No problem.

I'm not trying to scare anyone off from shipping during winter or anything. Just figured I should let people know what I know. Obviously enough people ship that it works.

But in general, once your package leaves the first shipping facility, I would estimate that it goes into a climate controlled environment for -maybe- a half hour per time it needs to transfer at a hub. They go from semi, onto belt, sorted, and right onto next semi. Most likey not enough time to change the packages temp much, if at all.

Most facilities also unload from the semi directly to delivery trucks for that day, so they don't sit inside long at that point either.

And now FedEx is going to hunt me and punch me in the sack for revealing all of this!

Now all we need is someone who has worked on USPS to chime-in. :D

I wont touch usps. They have destroyed enough of my packages that didn't contain beer. That and the whole government entity / federal offense thing.

I've actually had nothing but good experiences with USPS. I use the flat rate boxes, pack everything really good, tape the crap out of the box and tell them it contains glassware. I haven't had anything break yet.

I've actually had nothing but good experiences with USPS. I use the flat rate boxes, pack everything really good, tape the crap out of the box and tell them it contains glassware. I haven't had anything break yet.

I feel sorry for your next trade partner, seeing how you just jinxed it an all lol

I wont touch usps. They have destroyed enough of my packages that didn't contain beer. That and the whole government entity / federal offense thing.

USPS is the shizznit. :fro:

What they don't know won't hurt 'em.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392751811.906971.jpg

Got beer mail from mikeysab today..thanks dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've only dealt with USPS once, and they lost my package.
Lose a box of my beer and I will never forgive you. Only FedEx for me :D

Forgot to post these yesterday. Not a trade, but a couple things I picked up. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392754658.100079.jpg
For those not familiar, those Saint Arnolds were released yesterday and are very limited. They're only released to certain bars and restaurants and only a handful can sell them to go. This release is rum barrel aged Pumpkinator (pumpkin imperial stout). Ridiculously good.

Forgot to post these yesterday. Not a trade, but a couple things I picked up. View attachment 180350
For those not familiar, those Saint Arnolds were released yesterday and are very limited. They're only released to certain bars and restaurants and only a handful can sell them to go. This release is rum barrel aged Pumpkinator (pumpkin imperial stout). Ridiculously good.

I had a few bottles of different Bishops Barrel series and they were both ridiculously well done. Rum Barrel aged Pumpkinator, that just sounds down right awesome

I have actually heard that USPS is the only company that will re-pack a leaky beer box (even if its obvious its beer) and continue shipping. Fedex and UPS may do this ever now and then, but Ive never heard of an situation where USPS didnt deliver a package (that wasnt "lost"). I have used them multiple times with great success. I doubt they have ever charged anyone with shipping beer across state lines, even though they call it a "federal crime". It is more expensive though and thats why I prefer Fedex. USPS hardly ever has snow delays though. I shipped 2 boxes out a few weeks ago, one to IL through fedex, and the other to PA through USPS. Which one do you think got there when it was supposed to? USPS

I had a few bottles of different Bishops Barrel series and they were both ridiculously well done. Rum Barrel aged Pumpkinator, that just sounds down right awesome

I love this series of beers. There's only one I didn't get to try, but the others have been excellent. This one is no exception.

Rum barrel aged pumpkinator is just asking for a side-by-side with Rumpkin.

Got both and might do that though both are different beast :rockin:

I need some more Rumpkin!

Forgot to post these yesterday. Not a trade, but a couple things I picked up. View attachment 180350

You're welcome lol

Why do some bomb!s get wax and some don't?

I have actually heard that USPS is the only company that will re-pack a leaky beer box (even if its obvious its beer) and continue shipping. Fedex and UPS may do this ever now and then, but Ive never heard of an situation where USPS didnt deliver a package (that wasnt "lost"). I have used them multiple times with great success. I doubt they have ever charged anyone with shipping beer across state lines, even though they call it a "federal crime". It is more expensive though and thats why I prefer Fedex. USPS hardly ever has snow delays though. I shipped 2 boxes out a few weeks ago, one to IL through fedex, and the other to PA through USPS. Which one do you think got there when it was supposed to? USPS

We've had 2-3 days of no mail delivery this winter due to snow.

Through rain or snow or sleet my @$$

We've had 2-3 days of no mail delivery this winter due to snow.

Through rain or snow or sleet my @$$

We have had one, but thats better then UPS or Fedex can say, that was my only point. I still prefer Fedex by far though :D

I find it kind of amusing that people defend USPS and FedEx, but no one has said anything about UPS

I find it kind of amusing that people defend USPS and FedEx, but no one has said anything about UPS

I started trading through them, but soon realized Fedex was much cheaper. Nothing against UPS, they always did fine, but are a little more costly.

It appears that you have two bottles of bishops barrel and I have two bottles of Rumpkin. Seems as though two people could complete this side-by-side challenge. For science. :mug:

Well, no science experiment would be complete without the proper glassware. So I guess I'll need to send you an official Saint Arnold barrel glass. You know, for science. :DImageUploadedByHome Brew1392761899.035773.jpg

I'm assuming it varies in certain states. I've seen pictures of Bomb in 4 packs, but here they're only sold single. If I remember right, the 4 packs weren't waxed.

I started trading through them, but soon realized Fedex was much cheaper. Nothing against UPS, they always did fine, but are a little more costly.

I checked the prices of both FedEx and UPS before my first trade and went with FedEx because they were cheaper than UPS. When I'm not using USPS flat rate boxes, I still check both FedEx and UPS and FedEx has always been the cheaper price.

Alrighty, shipped my half of the trade off to Dave37, now I'm just hoping it makes it alright! First time jitters. Not to mention the first time another homebrewer will be trying one of my brews...

Back