Zombie Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thejbj13

Reaction score
It dawned on me this morning in the shower as I cracked a Stone IPA; do zombies poop? They are dead and have no bodily control however they eat flesh and other stuff so how do they remove the waste? Or do they have waste?

No. They don't live off flesh, they just have a desire to bite things. Therefore they have no need for such bodily functions.

Thus, The Google has spoken.

I just don't get the whole Zombie infatuation these days. How many series are there running now about Zombies? Seems like nearly every shooter video games has to throw something in about Zombies too.

I'll admit, World War Z was an interesting take on the whole Zombie thing but it was still not something I'd care to watch again.

I just don't get the whole Zombie infatuation these days. How many series are there running now about Zombies? Seems like nearly every shooter video games has to throw something in about Zombies too.

I'll admit, World War Z was an interesting take on the whole Zombie thing but it was still not something I'd care to watch again.

Zombies in videogames are there because they're an endless humanless horde. You can kill a zombie without remorse or cringing because it isn't human.

I was really into the zombie-thing back in 2004 when the Dawn of the Dead remake came out. But more than a decade later after what feels like hundreds of zombie-themed movies, tv shows, video games, etc it's worn pretty thin, to the point where I will actively avoid any sort of media that involves zombies in any way. The genre has been beaten to death... er, undeath?

**SPOILER ALERTS (for an oldish movie that, well, if you haven't seen it yet... let's face it, you're not going to)***

The single best part of that movie was when the guy slips and shoots himself in the head.

That is all.

Zombie Survival Guide

“Recent evidence has once and for all discounted the theory that human flesh is the fuel for the undead. A zombie’s digestive tract is completely dormant. The complex system that processes food, extracts nutrition, and excretes waste does not factor into a zombie’s physiology. Autopsies conducted on neutralized undead have shown that their ‘food’ lies in its original, undigested state at all sections of the tract. This partially chewed, slowly rotting matter will continue to accumulate, as the zombie devours more victims, until it is forced through the anus, or literally bursts through the stomach or intestinal lining. While this more dramatic example of non-digestion is rare, hundreds of eyewitness reports have confirmed undead to have distended bellies. One captured and dissected specimen was found to contain 211 pounds of flesh within its system! Even rarer accounts have confirmed that zombies continue to feed long after their digestive tracts have exploded from within.”

Yes, yes, yes, I understand that zombies are fictional characters. But I still enjoy reading zombie related books and watching zombie related movies.

It depends on what type of movie we're talking about, here.

"Rage virus" zombies certainly do poop.

"Undead" zombies, no, their digestive tracks don't work anymore.

Both types must smell absolutely awful.

People have always argued about things that are both stupid and meaningless.
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? Etc., etc., etc!

I believe these kinds of "trivial pursuits" can only occur when one's mind senses that there is no present danger threatening one's existence.

If there were a plethora of large carnivores prepared to eat you or your young, or if hordes of marauding Vikings, Vandals, Visigoths, or Muslims were enroute to your locale to kill you and enslave your young (and you knew it), then you would have plenty of legitimately valid and important thoughts!

Real ammunition company, marketing a real product, to shoot a fictitious thing...wtf:

http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax

I believe these kinds of "trivial pursuits" can only occur when one's mind senses that there is no present danger threatening one's existence.

If there were a plethora of large carnivores prepared to eat you or your young, or if hordes of marauding Vikings, Vandals, Visigoths, or Muslims were enroute to your locale to kill you and enslave your young (and you knew it), then you would have plenty of legitimately valid and important thoughts!

Well dude there's not and you don't have to read these you have to click to get here so maybe next time you shouldn't?

Technically, I think zombies would classify as carnivores, so this thread is both 'legitimate' and 'valid'!

So there! :D

There was another thread a while back that posed the question "why are zombies so popular?"
There were many different responses, but the 1 that really clinched it was: "Zombies have all the appeal of mass murder, but with none of the consequences." Kinda sums up the whole zombie thing eh? Well, that & the fact that it's entertaining to watch zombie movies.
Regards, GF.

Well dude there's not and you don't have to read these you have to click to get here so maybe next time you shouldn't?

Add to that, people have been creating entertainment for centuries. We may do it more in easier times, but weve always done it.

My opinion of your opinion of zombie movies is that you are awful at judging zombie movies.

Well I'm sorry that my opinion of a movie that scared the hell out of me as a child and the recent regurgitation's of said movie's involving mindless, walking, flesh-bags makes me an awful judge. :mug:

Well I'm sorry that my opinion of a movie that scared the hell out of me as a child and the recent regurgitation's of said movie's involving mindless, walking, flesh-bags makes me an awful judge. :mug:

I'll defend you.

Night of the Living Dead looks a little dated now, but when it came out in the late 60s, it was the scariest movie out there. Remember, it's the one that started it all, and created the whole Zombie genre.

That is the only movie that ever scared me as a kid. I was a horror movie afficionado, and would watch anything. I never lost a wink of sleep - even when I was 7-8 years old.

I first saw Night of the Living Dead when I was about 12 on late night TV. It completely freaked me out for about a month. The only movie that has done that to me since then is The Road.

So - you have to give it props for what it is.

Well, you certainly should be.

I don't think 1990 qualifies as "recent."

I'll defend you.

Night of the Living Dead looks a little dated now, but when it came out in the late 60s, it was the scariest movie out there. Remember, it's the one that started it all, and created the whole Zombie genre.

That is the only movie that ever scared me as a kid. I was a horror movie afficionado, and would watch anything. I never lost a wink of sleep - even when I was 7-8 years old.

I first saw Night of the Living Dead when I was about 12 on late night TV. It completely freaked me out for about a month. The only movie that has done that to me since then is The Road.

So - you have to give it props for what it is.

I'm not saying that the original Night of the Living Dead isn't scary - it is. It's a great movie.

But to say that it's the ONLY scary zombie movie is a really awful opinion.

I'm not saying that the original Night of the Living Dead isn't scary - it is. It's a great movie.

But to say that it's the ONLY scary zombie movie is a really awful opinion.

I'm 31 years old and I still have nightmares of those dogs from Ghostbusters. Go easy on me. I'm fragile.

I'm 31 years old and I still have nightmares of those dogs from Ghostbusters. Go easy on me. I'm fragile.

ehrmerglerbs! as the new HBT Bouncer, it is now my duty (hahahaha!! I said doody!) to punch you in the berries no less than 3 times. and you must review my new "12 Months of Klubberland" calender.

ehrmerglerbs! as the new HBT Bouncer, it is now my duty (hahahaha!! I said doody!) to punch you in the berries no less than 3 times. and you must review my new "12 Months of Klubberland" calender.

You've inspired me.

0108051615.jpg

Back